Status
Not open for further replies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1o6x61g9 said:
scutterhawk":1o6x61g9 said:
Seymour":1o6x61g9 said:
boku free agents showing up.

This "no real competition" you are so certain about, you know this as fact just how other than that is an easy out for you?

The yellow line I happened to bring up in the July thread as my reason of concern. After you dissed the whole idea as "pathetic" I now see you are onboard with this analogy. Way to stick to your guns. :2thumbs:

IF there was "Competition", Walsh OBVIOUSLY came out on top.
IF there was NO "Competition", then Pete OBVIOUSLY felt that Walsh was good enough to do the job.
Even if I don't agree with how shit shakes out, Pete has proven to me, that he is head & shoulders BETTER at making those decisions.
Pete has logged in THOUSANDS & THOUSANDS of hours honing his craft, so, folks around here that think they know better than Pete Carroll >>>>>>DON'T.

I appreciate the detailed explanation. Now I know better, and with that undisputable evidence I now know that Pete can make no mistakes....ever. :179422:
Unless you can show me that you've been mistake free in ALL your life's decisions?, I'm going to take the word of NFL Head Coach, Pete Carroll, over anyone in here....Sorry.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Well, in an offseason where we signed Blair Walsh and Eddie Lacy...how much confidence can one have? I think we all have the right to question the front office.

adeltaY

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3i0zbga8 said:
Seymour":3i0zbga8 said:
Any of y'all still sick of having to settle for field goals instead of Touchdowns to win games?
IF Walsh doesn't mess up in TWO very winnable games this year, we'd have 2 MORE in the Win Colum, and better seeding.
But on the bright side, look at how much money we saved :34853_doh:

Ohh, and one other thing. Remember this post in July when I asked if Walsh had any competition?
Who is sniveling now?

In the history of the Seahawks, Pete DELIVERS A Super Bowl trophy, and a challenge for the second in the following Year, yet some folks just have to SNIVEL......Pretty pathetic eh?
It's pretty obvious Seymour, that You Still Are.
As for me?, hell no, In FACT, after my post upstream, I went out and bought some more Seahawks gear, I did so because I'm no sniveling fair weather Seahawks Fan.
Here's the POINT; In JULY, Walsh was doing pretty decent, + there was NO REAL COMPETITION.
Walsh washes out while under stress situations, much like a couple others on the team...Graham between the twenties comes to mind, difference is, instead of "Getting What We Paid For", we are NOT getting our money's worth.
That's how the egg sometimes rolls.

How a kicker does in July barely matters unless he doesn't have the fundamentals or leg. Those are bare minimum requirements. There were other kickers. Butker for KC has been fantastic at 93.3%. Catanzaro formerly from AZ is doing okay at 84%. Robbie Gould has been excellent.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
d.) It's also odd he only has one attempt over 50 and was short: is it just circumstances or does the team not trust him to make those? (31 other kickers have at least two 50+ attempts). "

With Hauscka we were willing to try long field goals. Their confidence in walsh is to either punt or go for it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":3j35cpic said:
How a kicker does in July barely matters unless he doesn't have the fundamentals or leg. Those are bare minimum requirements. There were other kickers. Butker for KC has been fantastic at 93.3%. Catanzaro formerly from AZ is doing okay at 84%. Robbie Gould has been excellent.

Oh....See now, I was unaware that the Seahawks worked out Butker, Catanzaro, & Gould. last Summer...My bad.

adeltaY

Reaction score
They were options the Hawks didn't pursue. The fact that they didn't bring any of those guys in for competition isn't good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Was thinking about this in the morning, Walsh/Lacy/Joekel. Ouch. 3 horrible signings that kept the team from doing much better in free agency. And when you look at all 3, seems like they were all head scratchers. Joekel coming off a bad injury and not being that good overall. Lacy being injury prone and basically chased out of town by the Pack. Walsh, 'nuff said.

That's a lot of cap space right there. They have made some great moves over the years, but those 3 have been brutal.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah Soulfish, those were some bad signings. Especially Joeckel IMO. Many fans seem to think he's pretty decent, but for his price and the number of games he's missed, IMO he's not nearly good enough. I really hope they don't re-sign him. I'd rather roll with a healthy Odhi or draft someone in the third/fourth. Then again, you can argue Lacy was worse because he's basically contributed nothing. It's astounding that we have one RB rushing TD and that it was McKissic. That wasn't even in the redzone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And that kind of coin for a guy coming off a major injury, when there were other guys available? Just seemed odd. I don't question the front office that often, but those 3 signings were brutal.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1lp4gt7v said:
adeltaY":1lp4gt7v said:

Oh....See now, I was unaware that the Seahawks worked out Butker, Catanzaro, & Gould. last Summer...My bad.

I said this in a previous Walsh thread;

"Walsh isn't going anywhere. Pete loves pitty parties, second chances, and redemption stories even at the expense of games and logic."

I firmly believe that Pete wanted to give Walsh a chance to redeem himself for essentially "ruining" him in that playoff game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":bf8hrsuf said:
scutterhawk":bf8hrsuf said:
adeltaY":bf8hrsuf said:

"Walsh isn't going anywhere. Pete loves pitty parties, second chances, and redemption stories even at the expense of games and logic."

I firmly believe that Pete wanted to give Walsh a chance to redeem himself for essentially "ruining" him in that playoff game.

Not in the July thread you didn't....At THAT TIME, your name hadn't come up in any of the discussions, and right or wrong, at that juncture, Pete had pretty much settled on Walsh being our kicker.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1bsw1rha said:
Seahawk_Dan":1bsw1rha said:
scutterhawk":1bsw1rha said:
adeltaY":1bsw1rha said:

Not in the July thread you didn't....At THAT TIME, your name hadn't come up in any of the discussions, and right or wrong, at that juncture, Pete had pretty much settled on Walsh being our kicker.

If you're referencing the July thread in which Walsh was signed I did make an appearance, finding it humorous that I signed Walsh too in a game of Madden. I also like redemption stories, but the major difference mine was using a video game where I could manipulate stats and have a happy ending, Pete runs an actual football team where he has to evaluate real talent and there were other options available.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Blair Walsh cost the Seahawks the Redskins game and right now that game is the difference between the Seahawks being in the playoffs or on outside looking in. I hope this game doesn't come down to a Walsh FG. If that is the case, I hate the Seahawks chances for winning. Walsh is a liability and should have been released after the Washington game.

IMO, PC has led the team to SB win and deserves some benefit of doubt but he's also made some glaring mistakes of late. This is one of those. Getting rid of Gresham last season to save some money was another one. Firing Smith and keeping Cable is another one. These are all rearing their ugly heads the past couple seasons.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
At this point it’s clear it’s a I’m in charge complex. Cause it sure ain’t the production at this particular position

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Palmegranite":20p8dt8g said:
WestcoastSteve":20p8dt8g said:
I hate to say it guys but does anyone else feel like it would be poetic justice for our season to end on a Blair Walsh field goal? I seriously swear that's where he's headed.

You look at our last 3 losses and his missed kicks have played a huge role in them.

Sure 50 yarders are a crap-shoot but Walsh is only 7-10 from 30-39 yards. That's alarmingly inaccurate

That's the spirit!

Well was I wrong? LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.