Blazers/NBA thread

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't think NY will figure it out unless they come ready for the street fight the Pacers, Bulls, and even the Nets will bring. Miami would be the same way except they do have a little nastiness to them plus all world talent on the wing and back court with LBJ, and Wade. Also these upcomers in the East are nothing to be nice with either, Washington has a very nice young squad who at any time this season could put it together like the Thunder did in mid 2010 when we saw them rise up as the power we know now (yeah that felt dirty), also the same could go for Toronto.

Nets brought some toughness in when they brought in Garnett and signed Andrei Kirilenko, that team is built to claim "we run NY" and to go at the Heat, I think age will be their down fall though.

Detroit is rebuilding, but their front court has the potential to rival the Memphis front court with Drummond and Monroe, I'm interested in watching how that team develops.

Throwdown

Reaction score
What I'm trying to get at here is the Knicks are soft, and I have 0 appreciation for their style of ball, nor do I have the interest to watch 'Melo chuck the ball at the rim 50x a game.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yup, Knicks are soft, which is why I think it could fall apart on them in a hurry. And, if they do early, Melo gets put on the block, I bet.

For whatever reason, I have a sneaking feeling the Lakers rebound a tad. That could be my Mamba bias, him and I both like to leave Denver blondes with internal bleeding.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I saw that today before the Hawks game when I was watching Philly vs some Euro team.

GCrow

Reaction score
Gonna be that guy for a second, and make a slight correction to the OP.

It is Robin Lopez, not Brook. (Though the Blazers would look real nice with Brook instead)