The NBA 2014-15 season thread

Atradees

Reaction score
Aldridge is hitting his peak. The addition of Blake and Kaman is huge for the blazers bench. McCullom is gonna gets his looks this year. A more three dimentional team for sure. We still need need a three.

SirTed

Reaction score
Atradees":7ln1beur said:
We still need need a three.

What's with the Nic Batum hate? I'm curious as to what you're looking for out of a wing that he doesn't bring?

The only thing that dude does that drives me crazy is take too many shots and occasionally some bad ones.

To my eye he's a rangy wing, who can defend, shoot the 3 (especially spot up, which is perfect for that O) and he rebounds the shit out of the ball.

Shot selection is his only real issue. He can get lazy on D too, but I think you can say that about every player on that team with the exception of Mathews and Lopez.

Oh, and he can handle the ball, and he's awkward (in a good way). In a league absolutely saturated with above average wings he's at a minimum in the top half, if not better. He's 25.

Who are you thinking of?

Tical21

Reaction score
I was looking at NBA box scores tonight. Wow, so many players I have never heard of from countries I've barely heard of. The NBA is changing again. And Tony Wroten is ballin'!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tical21":328a9jv6 said:
I was looking at NBA box scores tonight. Wow, so many players I have never heard of from countries I've barely heard of. The NBA is changing again. And Tony Wroten is ballin'!!

Yeah he is, finally getting his shot and doing what we all knew he could.

Atradees

Reaction score
Nic batum doesnt have any consistancy. You cant count on him. Its nice when he shows up on occasiogith a near triple double..........when he shows up. There is no three behind him either. The bench is much better and how they reloaded with no bullets is impressive-thats one for the brass ...+1. We could do better. We need a small forward. OR...go with a 3 guard rotation....we wont lose any games cause Batum is injured....maybe better. He is certainly no max player...if memory serves his contract is outrageous for his production.

Of course, my comments are about the desire to contend for a championship.

SirTed

Reaction score
Season Age Pos G GS FG FGA FG% 3P% 2P% FT% ORB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PTS
2013-14 23 SF 77 77 5.5 13.3 .413 .304 .453 .816 0.8 5.0 5.1 1.4 0.5 2.7 16.0

Season Age Pos G GS FG FGA FG% 3P% 2P% FT% ORB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PTS
2013-14 25 SF 82 82 4.6 10.0 .465 .361 .566 .803 1.4 7.5 5.1 0.9 0.7 2.5 13.0

For the record, the top one of these is "max player" Gordon Heyward and the second line is Nic Batum.