Bleck.

evergreen

Reaction score
i think we played NO after the bye week last year.

CANHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":360915gi said:
Grahamhawker":360915gi said:
What was with the personal foul on Carpenter? Looked like he blocked the guy to the ground. Personal foul for unnecessary roughness...when is that called on a pancake block? Can't remember ever seeing that called before. Or did I miss something?

That's not a penalty. The alternative is to stand around and let defenders get up so they can make a play. That would be ridiculous.
I was losing my god damn mind when I saw that. How in the tap dancing shit does a professional referee think that is a penalty? It looked kinda mean spirited, so the ref threw a flag. The pussification of the game continues..... :(

Polaris

Reaction score
evergreen":2gl9f51f said:
i think we played NO after the bye week last year.

We did, but that was in the Clink. It makes a difference. For one thing, I don't think even this crew would have DARED make the sort of calls they did if the game were in Seattle. Just saying.

drdiags

Reaction score
This game just help those who like to chirp about the Superbowl hangover. Oh well, I will take looking like crap and winning anyway. The overall team play has been un-even a lot of the season. I know folks are probably thinking the party is on next week, but right now the team is not humming for a full 60. Next week might be a good time to start.

Polaris

Reaction score
CANHawk":3gg0a5di said:
DavidSeven":3gg0a5di said:
Grahamhawker":3gg0a5di said:
What was with the personal foul on Carpenter? Looked like he blocked the guy to the ground. Personal foul for unnecessary roughness...when is that called on a pancake block? Can't remember ever seeing that called before. Or did I miss something?

That's not a penalty. The alternative is to stand around and let defenders get up so they can make a play. That would be ridiculous.
I was losing my god damn mind when I saw that. How in the tap dancing shit does a professional referee think that is a penalty? It looked kinda mean spirited, so the ref threw a flag. The pussification of the game continues..... :(

I think it's pretty obvious especially when Wilson was absolutely DRILLED well after he released the ball...but no flag was coming. The refs were looking for any reason to call that TD back.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been this pissed off after a win. That was just embarrassing. We should have won by 3+ TDs EASY and we looked like the most undisciplined, sloppy team in the NFL. That was just painful.

Happy for the win, not happy how we got there.

Polaris

Reaction score
drdiags":if6tepsb said:
This game just help those who like to chirp about the Superbowl hangover. Oh well, I will take looking like crap and winning anyway. The overall team play has been un-even a lot of the season. I know folks are probably thinking the party is on next week, but right now the team is not humming for a full 60. Next week might be a good time to start.

I'll agree that a win is a win, and I'll agree that the 'hawks seemed to come out sloppy and made mistakes. However, these crews need to be held accountable because the officiating was almost criminal. I also think that John Gruden should never announce a MNF game where his brother is one of the coaches.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3pqx6fhr said:
This season is just....weird.

The defense can't seem to come up with big plays. 4 games...no picks for Thomas (dropped another one tonight) or Sherman, and Sherm keeps getting twisted around in coverage. It might just be me, but he doesn't look the same. Avril is non-existent, Irvin is ... yeah, no comment. We don't have the interior pressure like we did last season with McDonald. We aren't forcing turnovers. Our pass rush is just not there. On the plus side, we are shutting down the run. But all in all, it's not the Legion of Boom.

Offensively? I don't know where to start. The O line is KILLING us. We seem content to throw short stuff all the time. The WRs are just disappearing. It's weird how we are using Willson. or not using him.

We REALLY missed Zach Miller tonight.

Totally agree my flying friend. Where are the picks? Why is Sherm getting twisted around in coverage in every game??

Irvin is, yeah...MIA. Avril as well.

Where the hell is our pass rush?

Why did we only sack Cousins ONCE???

So to not pile on, I will say that Wagner was a BEAST tonight and our LB's played a great game!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HawkFan72":24d9wxsq said:
I don't think I've ever been this pissed off after a win. That was just embarrassing. We should have won by 3+ TDs EASY and we looked like the most undisciplined, sloppy team in the NFL. That was just painful.

Agreed!

Cartire

Reaction score
Aros":2jrfr9t9 said:
FlyingGreg":2jrfr9t9 said:

The defense can't seem to come up with big plays. 4 games...no picks for Thomas (dropped another one tonight) or Sherman, and Sherm keeps getting twisted around in coverage. It might just be me, but he doesn't look the same. Avril is non-existent, Irvin is ... yeah, no comment. We don't have the interior pressure like we did last season with McDonald. We aren't forcing turnovers. Our pass rush is just not there. On the plus side, we are shutting down the run. But all in all, it's not the Legion of Boom.

Offensively? I don't know where to start. The O line is KILLING us. We seem content to throw short stuff all the time. The WRs are just disappearing. It's weird how we are using Willson. or not using him.

Totally agree my flying friend. Where are the picks? Why is Sherm getting twisted around in coverage in every game??

So to not pile on, I will say that Wagner was a BEAST tonight and our LB's played a great game!

Irvin MIA???? What game were you guys watching? He was key in many run blocks. Something that everyone complained about him the last 2 years. He barely had any chances to rush the passer, so we cant hold that against him. But the guy blew up a ton of Morris runs.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Championship football is fighting through adversity not continually coasting to a win. Ask the Broncos how the latter worked out for them.

It's week 4. "This is not a Super Bowl team" is presumptuous at best and stupidly shortsighted at worst.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Aros":2xexl3w6 said:
FlyingGreg":2xexl3w6 said:

Couldnt be more wrong on Irvin.

He was EVERYWHERE tonight.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3qca3ni6 said:

I am always embarrassed by double digit road wins.

Good. Lord.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1ytz81on said:

Good. Lord.
Hawkpower, you seem to be under the delusion that how a game played out means absolutely nothing going forward. The win is what matters, but trying to gauge what to expect out of future games from this team is based on what has transpired, and how.

Nobody's allowed to have any concerns about anything because we won? Is that how this works? A 60-3 win is the same as a 30-27 win with 10 seconds left in the overtime quarter because a win is a win is a win?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2b0cn8rt said:
The radio crew was ranting about that in post game coverage. Said they didn't see anything about it that looked like a foul. That he did what OL guys are supposed to do. Also mentioned that the ref apparently told Pete that they felt it was more than was necessary and said that refs shouldn't be deciding what is "necessary" when it isn't clearly a foul.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkpower":23eehf05 said:

Fair 'Nuff.

Hence my quote:

I dunno. After all these years I know it's not the best idea to post right after a game, win or lose. Emotions are running high and you don't have the luxury of time and replays to see if your emotions mesh with fact.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":sku3n3yf said:
Hawkpower":sku3n3yf said:

Good. Lord.
Hawkpower, you seem to be under the delusion that how a game played out means absolutely nothing going forward. The win is what matters, but trying to gauge what to expect out of future games from this team is based on what has transpired, and how.

Nobody's allowed to have any concerns about anything because we won? Is that how this works? A 60-3 win is the same as a 30-27 win with 10 seconds left in the overtime quarter because a win is a win is a win?

Thats not delusion. Thats the NFL.

All you have to do is look at the 2013 Seahawks for proof.

Concerns is fine. What I am reading from many fans is uneducated drivel from a fanbase that should know better.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2uf3c8ee said:

Yeah this may have been his best game as a Seahawk. I know he had that huge day back in his rookie year against green Bay, but this was the first time I think I have ever seen him look like a complete player. He was rushing the passer, making tackles, and playing the run. He really was everywhere tonight and it was a very welcome sight!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower, your joke of a methodology is exactly why so many people thought the Broncos would beat us in the Super Bowl. You can tell a lot by HOW a team wins games. MORE than you can tell by the win/loss column.

You will clearly never understand this.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2kpryeet said:
Hawkpower, your joke of a methodology is exactly why so many people thought the Broncos would beat us in the Super Bowl. You can tell a lot by HOW a team wins games. MORE than you can tell by the win/loss column.

You will clearly never understand this.

Really??

Seems to me you've got that opposite my friend.

The Seahawks won ugly ALL THE TIME last year.

The Broncos won with style points.

We saw what matters didnt we?

Maybe its time to step away from the keyboard for awhile, you are starting to drift off course with your points.