Bob Condotta: Seahawks roster projection

ivotuk

Reaction score
Look at the length of that sentence after "Comment:"!! Can you say "run on"?

Seahawks roster projection: As NFL cutdown day looms, who will make Seattle’s 53-player roster?

Running back

Keep: Chris Carson, Carlos Hyde, Travis Homer, DeeJay Dallas, Nick Bellore.

Cut: None.

PUP (physically unable to play list): Rashaad Penny.

Comment: Bellore might be the only mild intrigue here. Recall he was cut a year ago, then quickly re-signed. Seattle could try to do something similar again if it has other roster machinations in store, assuming he wouldn’t latch on elsewhere — Seattle always carries a fullback, though, and Bellore is the only one, so he appears to have a role on the team this season. The Seahawks made one move at this spot Monday to pare the roster, waiving rookie Patrick Carr as injured.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... an-roster/

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
bob condotta July Roster "Ranking" part 4

Training camp countdown: Ranking the Seahawks roster, Part 4 (45-31)

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Yes I think it's only a challenge if Parkinson and Taylor are somehow cleared to play before cutdown day. They won't make it past waivers and will need to be kept on the roster. In that case guys like Bellore get released as no one is going to pick him up.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
What I find interesting is that teams have to cut down from 90 to 53 players on September 5th.

That's 37 players per team, although teams will have 10 players on the roster. So you could roughly call it 27 players per team being cut loose. That's 864 players available and some of them will be good ones. John Schneider will have his work cut out for him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I do not understand how the Front Office can make these cuts without watching the players perform against a true opponent. To me....it is just an "educated guess".

chris98251

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":tn0isuii said:
I do not understand how the Front Office can make these cuts without watching the players perform against a true opponent. To me....it is just an "educated guess".

Really the players can't hold anything back in the scrimmages that have no history here, best way to make a team is to make a Veteran look bad, over and over again.

There is no Pre Season to get the cobwebs out and to finally really hit someone.

Latest posts