Bobby Signs 3 Yr/$54 Million Extension!

rjdriver

Reaction score
It’s difficult to say he’s been “underrated” because he is certainly recognized as one of the best in the game. However, playing on a team with so many historically charismatic and outspoken great defenders the last few years, I think his value gets lost in the noise. He just comes to work and quietly dominates week in and week out and was a integral part of one of the greatest defenses in NFL history.

I’m an Aggie (USU), so Bobby holds a doubly special place in my heart. I’m super excited that I get to watch him wreck it for the next three years. Well deserved compensation for Bobby and a team friendly tenure to boot.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobby isn't popular in the media and by mediots, he is well regarded by everyone in the league players and coaches. If Bobby was in New York, Dallas, or Chicago he would be highlighted in most conversations much like Sean Lee and Kuechly.

Remember we have to staple eyes open to look up here to Seattle to get the recognition earned where most other places get it even if they have not earned it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Best LB in the game, period. And handled himself like a true leader. Unlike a few guys I can think of (cough cough Sherm, Earl, Bennett).
Not sure about everyone else, but I wasn't worried in the least that this would get done early in training camp.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":3m4ml954 said:
Bobby isn't popular in the media and by mediots, he is well regarded by everyone in the league players and coaches. If Bobby was in New York, Dallas, or Chicago he would be highlighted in most conversations much like Sean Lee and Kuechly.

Remember we have to staple eyes open to look up here to Seattle to get the recognition earned where most other places get it even if they have not earned it.

He's one of four players rated 99 overall in Madden this year.

A couple months ago the "mediots" at Sporting News put him as the second most indispensable defensive player in the entire NFL.

National "mediot" guys like Brian Baldinger, Kevin Clark and Robert Mays bring him up as a dominant force all the time.

What exactly isn't he getting that you think he should be getting?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2tzgndd2 said:
I just want you to admit you are a Seahawks fan, Popeye, and just don't want yoyr significant other to know.

:lol:

The Hawks are easily the team I follow the second-most closely in the NFL, but nah, I don't think any self-respecting Hawks fan would call me a fan.

(I'm indifferent to if they win or lose in any given week, and to be a fan I think you have to at least somewhat care about that).

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":n8ekrti3 said:
chris98251":n8ekrti3 said:

He's one of four players rated 99 overall in Madden this year.

A couple months ago the "mediots" at Sporting News put him as the second most indispensable defensive player in the entire NFL.

National "mediot" guys like Brian Baldinger, Kevin Clark and Robert Mays bring him up as a dominant force all the time.

What exactly isn't he getting that you think he should be getting?

You lost me at Madden.

Kuechly was talked up constantly with hardly a mention of Wagner for the longest time. You might add in they knew his contract was up as well so yes he was on their radar as a player that may move somewhere else possibly, up until then the Mediots were in someone else's jock.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":1wdn2m78 said:
Kuechly was talked up constantly with hardly a mention of Wagner for the longest time.

You're using the past tense for a reason, though.

National reporters lauded Urlacher and Lewis as the best MLBs in the game.

When their play started to decline, it opened up a space for Patrick Willis to be lauded as the best MLB in the game.

When Willis retired prematurely that opened up a space for Kuechly to be lauded.

When Kuechly's play declined due to injury, that opened up a space for Wagner to be lauded as the best MLB in the game, which he has been for a few years now.

Wagner's time will eventually pass too.

Rather than celebrating that your guy is getting nationally celebrated, you're complaining about old slights and imaginary current slights.

To me it seems like you're entirely missing out on the pleasures of having the national media rally around your guy as the best in the biz. I just don't get it.

McGruff

Reaction score
Wagner has always been better than "5 yard downfiled" Kuechly, but whatever.

Wagner has been in frequent convos for DPOY each of the last 3 years. That's good enough for me.

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":318l4vau said:
Wagner has always been better than "5 yard downfiled" Kuechly, but whatever.

Wagner has been in frequent convos for DPOY each of the last 3 years. That's good enough for me.

That was the whole point, Wagner has always been better or equal and never given that same acknowledgement till very recently.

McGruff

Reaction score
Effectively a two year extension with a cost savings out in year three.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190731-085336_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190731-085336_Chrome.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 299

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I feel like JS has done a damn good job this off season. Especially the 732 players he turned the Clark trade in to.

McGruff

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4qbd4qfa said:
I may be in the minority, but I feel like JS has done a damn good job this off season. Especially the 732 players he turned the Clark trade in to.

I think most would agree that John has nailed it this offseason.

It's got to play out on the field, but on paper, it's been solid.

I'm not a fan of the Clark trade personally, but he got way more than I ever thought he would for him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":pmf6c3op said:

I think most of us are cautiously excited about what John and Pete have done, but only time will tell as to whether the moves and picks work out. But in general;

- complete the revamp of the O-line to be one of the nastiest run blocking O-lines in the league
- Lock up both Bobby and Russell as your offensive and defensive leaders
- Add some much needed youth and talent to the WR corp
- Add some much needed youth and depth to the LB corp

Only question marks and depth issues for me are the D-line and defensive backfield. John did try to address those areas, but so far guys like Blair and LJ are now hurt, which IMO REALLY hampers the growth and depth of these units.....and of course Reed's suspension.