Bobby Wagner vs. Jordyn Brooks?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I’m also in favor (or fantasizing) in possibly transitioning Derrick Hall to ILB asking him to play around 240 from 255, where he’s 6’3 with 4.5 speed not to mention those 34.5 inch arms (Roquan is listed at 6’1, 236, 4.51, 32 inch arms) to further increase, top out Hall’s athletic abilities where NFL.com ranked him 2nd overall in their Athletic Score amongst Edge players.

He possesses a lot of the Mike traits: Alpha, Leader, Tough As Nails, Aggressive in Attack/Downhill. Excellent Potential as a Pass-Rusher. Obviously, he’ll have opportunities to grow in a lot of areas: Green Dot Responsibilities, Play-Recognition, Instincts, and Coverage Technique.

Prior to last years draft I liked Hall a lot because he was one of the only few players that was really comparable to Nwosu to me. If you can coach Hall up and iron out his weaknesses, I feel like he could be viable, in the very least you making him a more versatile, all around player.

The biggest thing to me though if Hall stays in pass-rush specific role, he doesn’t have that elite hip drop to matrix himself around corners and will ultimately have to rely on his length, strength, and moxie to bully his way in pass-rush opportunities. Traits that probably play better inside than on the edges.

But with all that said I probably know it’s not gonna happen.

I still feel the team dropped the ball last draft season passing up on Ivan Pace, JR. Whom as a a UDFA rookie for the Vikings posted 102 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 Int, 1 FF in 11 Starts/17 Games. In terms of hidden gems/value picks he was by far my one of my favorite players at any position, developing a prospect crush on him when I saw he was PFF’s #1 rated LBer for the 2022 Collegiate Season (not to be mistaken for their #1 rated LBer prospect for the NFL draft). In many ways I thought Pace could low key be the best ILB in a weak class and a lot of mocks I had the Seahawks taking him 3rd to 5th round only to see him go undrafted, then unsigned by the Seahawks, and then eventually earn/forced into a starting role with the Vikings and stack up solid stats.

Last edited:

bigcc

Reaction score
I’m also in favor (or fantasizing) in possibly transitioning Derrick Hall to ILB asking him to play around 240 from 255, where he’s 6’3 with 4.5 speed not to mention those 34.5 inch arms (Roquan is listed at 6’1, 236, 4.51, 32 inch arms) to further increase, top out Hall’s athletic abilities where NFL.com ranked him 2nd overall in their Athletic Score amongst Edge players.

He possesses a lot of the Mike traits: Alpha, Leader, Tough As Nails, Aggressive in Attack/Downhill. Excellent Potential as a Pass-Rusher. Obviously, he’ll have opportunities to grow in a lot of areas: Green Dot Responsibilities, Play-Recognition, Instincts, and Coverage Technique.

Prior to last years draft I liked Hall a lot because he was one of the only few players that was really comparable to Nwosu to me. If you can coach Hall up and iron out his weaknesses, I feel like he could be viable, in the very least you making him a more versatile, all around player.

The biggest thing to me though if Hall stays in pass-rush specific role, he doesn’t have that elite hip drop to matrix himself around corners and will ultimately have to rely on his length, strength, and moxie to bully his way in pass-rush opportunities. Traits that probably play better inside than on the edges.

But with all that said I probably know it’s not gonna happen.

I still feel the team dropped the ball last draft season passing up on Ivan Pace, JR. Whom as a a UDFA rookie for the Vikings posted 102 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 Int, 1 FF in 11 Starts/17 Games. In terms of hidden gems/value picks he was by far my one of my favorite players at any position, developing a prospect crush on him when I saw he was PFF’s #1 rated LBer for the 2022 Collegiate Season (not to be mistaken for their #1 rated LBer prospect for the NFL draft). In many ways I thought Pace could low key be the best ILB in a weak class and a lot of mocks I had the Seahawks taking him 3rd to 5th round only to see him go undrafted, then unsigned by the Seahawks, and then eventually earn/forced into a starting role with the Vikings and stack up solid stats.
I cannot overstate how much I hate this idea.

By the time he had even a decent grasp on Mike responsibilities he'd up for a new contract, and those years of him learning would be BRUTAL

We don't know how healthy nwosu will be, let him keep developing on the outside, mafe was trash year one too.

But man I really, really wish we could have seen nwosu/mafe last year.... He easily adds one win minimum, would have been in the playoffs.