Bradys Appeal Denied

hannibalking

Reaction score
Yay! More entertainment to be had by reading responses from Boston fans to this ruling. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I feel this thread needs more pictures.

Sadbrady

Ea1ab78801cabfbec5f6846dcfe068d3

what-is-sad-tom-brady-doing.jpg

122731_story__brady8im.jpg

Enhanced 5643 1399906516 15

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope the supreme court does hear it, and denies it. That'll be the final word on this kind of crap moving forward.

I hope the Patriots start off 0-4, but they won't.

kobebryant

Reaction score
This whole thing seems so overblown and has been dragged on far too long; it's a clown show.

An illegal curve or too big goalie pads in hockey is a penalty and they move on; a corked bat in baseball is what? an ejection and a fine I think?

I say reasonable fine him and keep it moving. Too much sensitivity. I prefer to watch when Brady is on the field.

Laloosh

Reaction score
kobebryant":2s5wnmgf said:
This whole thing seems so overblown and has been dragged on far too long; it's a clown show.

An illegal curve or too big goalie pads in hockey is a penalty and they move on; a corked bat in baseball is what? an ejection and a fine I think?

I say reasonable fine him and keep it moving. Too much sensitivity. I prefer to watch when Brady is on the field.
Of course it's overblown. That's not all on the league. My kids put up a fight when they are punished in the hope that I'm too tired to argue. Often gets overblown.

You think if Brady came out and said, "yeah, I had him deflate some balls", it would have resulted in a suspension?

It was obvious in his presser that he was full of shit and this is the result. Didn't want to own it, got raked over the coals.

I didn't lose sleep over it but I'm glad that his staunch denial over a trivial issue wasn't rewarded.

Edit: I also think he could have saved a couple of people's jobs had he admitted it. Couple of people lost their jobs so Tawwmy could try to avoid looking like he cuts corners to gain an advantage.

kearly

Reaction score
Laloosh":1wp8si95 said:
kobebryant":1wp8si95 said:

Of course it's overblown. That's not all on the league. My kids put up a fight when they are punished in the hope that I'm too tired to argue. Often gets overblown.

You think if Brady came out and said, "yeah, I had him deflate some balls", it would have resulted in a suspension?

It was obvious in his presser that he was full of shit and this is the result. Didn't want to own it, got raked over the coals.

I didn't lose sleep over it but I'm glad that his staunch denial over a trivial issue wasn't rewarded.

Edit: I also think he could have saved a couple of people's jobs had he admitted it. Couple of people lost their jobs so Tawwmy could try to avoid looking like he cuts corners to gain an advantage.

Most people, including myself, believe that the Patriots probably cheated and that Goodell's ruling was within his authority. For those who subscribe to this premise, the Patriots and Brady deserve 100% of the blame for the process being drawn out like it has. They got busted, albeit in an imperfect manner. Most of the other 31 teams would have apologized quickly and taken their medicine.

kearly

Reaction score
Based on the link that was provided (thanks btw), Brady can delay the process until October 13th if not much later, which means he can play in week 1 if he chooses too.

To me that is clearly the smartest path for the Patriots. Have Brady play in week 1, then drop the legal action immediately after and take the suspension while Janeane Garofalo takes on four straight cupcakes. The only question is whether or not Tom Brady's ego could handle that, but as things stand now I think it's nearly a lock that Brady will be playing in week one if not later.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kearly":3m5w8flu said:
Based on the link that was provided (thanks btw), Brady can delay the process until October 13th if not much later, which means he can play in week 1 if he chooses too.

To me that is clearly the smartest path for the Patriots. Have Brady play in week 1, then drop the legal action immediately after and take the suspension while Janeane Garofalo takes on four straight cupcakes. The only question is whether or not Tom Brady's ego could handle that, but as things stand now I think it's nearly a lock that Brady will be playing in week one if not later.

I hope he does, because gifting the Cards a game in Week 1 is the only thing keeping me from celebrating Brady's suspension.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
kearly":2ds6ylz0 said:

I hope that is exactly what they do...

And I hope that AZ comes out and clobbers them anyway. :twisted:

Maybe not best for our divisional hopes, but I still hope that this is what happens.

-bsd

253hawk

Reaction score
Brady just threw in the towel...maybe because he finally realized that the supreme court only takes a fraction of a percent of the cases it receives each year, and are usually civil cases that actually matter instead of ego crusades.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2ooqwp2d said:
kearly":2ooqwp2d said:

I hope that is exactly what they do...

And I hope that AZ comes out and clobbers them anyway. :twisted:

Maybe not best for our divisional hopes, but I still hope that this is what happens.

-bsd

Just read it on the pack site that ShadyBrady accepted the ruling....deflategate is now semi over.....

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
253hawk":tqnw03c2 said:
Brady just threw in the towel...maybe because he finally realized that the supreme court only takes a fraction of a percent of the cases it receives each year, and are usually civil cases that actually matter instead of ego crusades.

Did he throw in Cam's Towel??? LOL

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
253hawk":3n5e3ryb said:
WHAT?????? According to all the MASShole Cheatriots fans on the ESPN comments section and thier own forums Brady was going to take it to the SC and win and then the NFL was going to ever regret crossing Saint Tawwwwmmy!

LOL, the news today must suck wicked hawd for those clowns! 8)

Aw Mang

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":27prf28i said:
I really like how the Cards get a free game against garoppolo and then we get pissed off brady....
Seattle will beat New England, pissed off Brady or not.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't get the decision by Brady at all, he missed an obvious opportunity to play in week 1. The Patriots are known for being calculating, so this surprised me.

Strangely, the NFLPA will continue the legal case to the SC even though Brady gave up.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":3aju3caa said:
Strangely, the NFLPA will continue the legal case to the SC even though Brady gave up.
Strangely? They're doing it to bank future good will with the players when negotiations come up. "Look how we pursue your rights!!!!11"

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":bl8aw8s3 said:
kearly":bl8aw8s3 said:
Strangely? They're doing it to bank future good will with the players when negotiations come up. "Look how we pursue your rights!!!!11"

The same rights that they gave up as Lon already mentioned up thread. The CBA was signed giving Goodell this power, and now they are complaining about it. Boo frickin' hoo.

Latest posts