Brandon Browner Recovered Enough to Practice...

Barakas

Reaction score
Listening to the PC press conference, Pete says that Brandon has made a very fast recovery and would be ready to start hitting the practice field this week but they need the NFL to announce what Brandon's situation is so they know what they can do.

So come on NFL....make your damn decision one way or another so we can move on!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the whole thing should be thrown out.

the year thing shouldnt stand because it's obviously BS

and the 4 games that he would normally get for a violation should be thrown out as compensation for damages for this charade even being played out.

On BB's side of things, use your damn head.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Someone posted that Clayton said the NFL already offered Browner a deal.

At this point, Browner would have to have an iron clad case for the NFL to backpedal after all the media blitz they put into this.

Sounds like BB has some decent leverage for a defemation of character lawsuit.

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
Hawks46":xovbfbwt said:

At this point, Browner would have to have an iron clad case for the NFL to backpedal after all the media blitz they put into this.

Sounds like BB has some decent leverage for a defamation of character lawsuit.

The "media blitz" is precisely why I think Browner has an iron clad case. All of these things are suppose to be kept in the strictest confidence until the NFL makes their official announcement. Since it was one of the NFLs "own" journalists from http://www.nfl.com that leaked everything, including falsely initially stating it was for PEDs, Browner's attorney probably read them the riot act on what they will do if they don't drop the whole thing.

Who knows for sure though...it would just be nice for the NFL to finally make their announcement so we can move on with or without Browner.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that maybe the groin pull was more of an opportunity than an injury as bad as they made it out to be?

I realize this might sound crazy but maybe about the same time the groin issue happened, Browner found out about the possible suspension and informed the team and also this whole process began. When the groin thing happened they saw it as an opportunity to prepare the team and the fan base for being without Browner, without having to completely rule him out knowing that the case would be pending.

Now Browner is suddenly healed up enough to practice? On a team where they are very cautious about bringing guys back from injury, at a time when the fill-ins for thurmond and browner showed they can play well against a top-tier QB?

More like - Here you go NFL, if you're going to do something, do it now, or he's going to play on Sunday and how is THAT going to look?

Seems like a real chess match to me and I just wonder if the injury was less significant than they made it out to be.

My theory - at most Browner gets a 2-game suspension as a 'deal'. He will serve it during insignificant games and be back for the playoffs.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Barakas":unt5mtnh said:
Hawks46":unt5mtnh said:

The "media blitz" is precisely why I think Browner has an iron clad case. All of these things are suppose to be kept in the strictest confidence until the NFL makes their official announcement. Since it was one of the NFLs "own" journalists from http://www.nfl.com that leaked everything, including falsely initially stating it was for PEDs, Browner's attorney probably read them the riot act on what they will do if they don't drop the whole thing.

Who knows for sure though...it would just be nice for the NFL to finally make their announcement so we can move on with or without Browner.
Agree. I think the NFL is now to the point that they're trying to negotiate something, anything in terms of suspension time to save face and for the reasons you mentioned Barkas. Guessing they were acting all magnanimous and offered 4 and were turned down and told they were in line for a defamation suit. I'll bet they're now practically begging for BB and his attorneys to accept 2. I don't think he's willing to accept any games and this will drag on further.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":6bw3pgfw said:
There was...we all saw it happen during the Atlanta game. The severity of it is what most are questioning now. Hey! You edited what I quoted at the same time I was writing my response.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2966latk said:
MontanaHawk05":2966latk said:
There was...we all saw it happen during the Atlanta game. The severity of it is what most are questioning now. Hey! You edited what I quoted at the same time I was writing my response.

not sure what the original post was, if it was speculation that there was no injury, i dont agree with that either. With thurmond out there's no way we would have not had BB out there against the Saints if he were available.

My little 'theory' is predicated on the fact that there was an injury that just happened to be timed right with this whole suspension issue. But not as severe an injury as it was made out to be. Note that Pete never really said anythign definitive aside from the fact that it was bad and he'd be out 'for a while'.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Barakas":2qenb6nm said:
Hawks46":2qenb6nm said:

Actually, the lab conducting a drug test isn't even allowed to contact the employer until after contacting the person who tested positive. He must first be given the opportunity to explain why the test was positive. Only after an investigation by the lab can the employer be contacted. No way should the NFL or the media ever find out the test results other than from
the employer.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if you have multiple weapons and assault charges, no big deal if you're a Niner player. Come on back when you want Aldon, we have your back.

A Hawk player farts in public, suspend him for a year.

Latest posts