Breakdown of Anthony Richardson shoulder injury

JPatera76

Reaction score

Ouch... sooo there a lot that could possibly be wrong with him in terms of his injury... He's wreckless with his running style. He tries to be the big body cam newton and plow over people but... he cant. At this rate the colts will be looking for another QB. Payton, neck, Luck.... injured a lot(it seemed) and now Richardson. They're snake bitten

toffee

Reaction score
One thing Wilson did well, he almost never force that extra half a yard or so, he willingly slide or run out of our bound.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Ouch... sooo there a lot that could possibly be wrong with him in terms of his injury... He's wreckless with his running style. He tries to be the big body cam newton and plow over people but... he cant. At this rate the colts will be looking for another QB. Payton, neck, Luck.... injured a lot(it seemed) and now Richardson. They're snake bitten

He is wreckless with his running style. Look at week 1 when I thought he was done half of the season with a late TD attempt.

QWERTY

Reaction score
& posters on this very forum think Tyler Lockett, all 165 pounds of him, should take on multiple defenders converging from different directions to gain that extra inch because that's what they would do as a real man.

Some posters may say that because these guys are athletes that should be able to take the hits.

They are paid to get hit.

But I believe Lockett who is small and shifty, should protect his body.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He ran and got slammed by two defenders just as big if not bigger
than him..
This is why I'm not a fan of running QBs..You see this with Lammar
and Fields.
Injured,Injured and injured.

ivotuk

Reaction score
& posters on this very forum think Tyler Lockett, all 165 pounds of him, should take on multiple defenders converging from different directions to gain that extra inch because that's what they would do as a real man.
There is a time, place, and Player for big hits. QB and any RB not named Marshawn Lynch" are not them.

I would rather our players make it through the entire season healthy, than to prove something meaningless, and shorten their season/career.

ALL players get injured. Exhibit A: Mack Strong and Exhibit B: Kam Chancellor.

Look at how many great players we've lost over the years, at the most critical part of the season, and for what?

Like they always say: "The best traits for a player are their "ilities," the most important of which is "availability."

James in PA

Reaction score
Out at least a month. Ouch. But, he's lucky its not more.

DJrmb

Reaction score
This is a big part of the reason some didn't want to draft him in the top of the 1st... It's too bad he's hurt, yet again, but until he learns to protect himself he will always carry the risk of missing games. The worst part is that injuries add up and will eventually diminish his abilities if he doesn't learn that quickly.

Boohman14

Reaction score
The Colts have done Richardson a disservice by starting him. He was extremely raw coming out of college, and they've just thrown him to the wolves. And what? He's been knocked out of seemingly every game.
I agree they should have worked him into the lineup but they have all kinds of pressure to play him due to his draft status and paycheck. The trouble with starting before he's ready is that they risk serious injury and messing up his mental game. I'm convinced that QB's that get pummeled early in their career get a bit shell shocked and develop "happy feet."

Torc

Reaction score
No. Posters on this forum think he should be strategic about it and not flop down as his default action. When it's third down and he appears to be close enough to get a first down, he should try. That was an issue a few times last year. He has not been just dropping to the ground right after the catch this year, and he isn't taking big hits. He's being smart.

No one wants him hurt, everyone wants him to last the whole year.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
No. Posters on this forum think he should be strategic about it and not flop down as his default action. When it's third down and he appears to be close enough to get a first down, he should try. That was an issue a few times last year. He has not been just dropping to the ground right after the catch this year, and he isn't taking big hits. He's being smart.

No one wants him hurt, everyone wants him to last the whole year.
Yeah he went down short of a first down the grand total of 1 time last year & admitted that he screwed up.

Get over it.

James in PA

Reaction score
Stupid-ass Colts. I really liked this kid and thought he could develop into something great (maybe he still can) if he sat for A YEAR OR TWO. I could not believe it when they announced he was going to be the starter week one of his rookie season. I immediately thought, "uh oh, they're going to ruin this kid." I bet Irsay ordered the coaching staff start him just so he could show off his shiny new toy.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Injuries happen. It's Football. I still think AR is going to be very good.