Administrator
Reaction score
You have to subscribe to view NY Times.

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
I’m on an IPad. I cleared Website data and somehow got to view the article.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The whole thing is horrible.

Lots of people don't like Nick Wright but he nailed it with this

I think he is full of often. Not a big fan.
But he calls Brett out accurately.

Guy is literally asking in text messages if there is a risk he can be caught.
For effing clout?? What?

Weirdly nobody seems to care. This is money specifically set aside for needy families. In a state where 90% of welfare applicants are turned down.

Vile, repulsive stuff.

I used to think Brett was a great QB. But I am glad that he was targeted in that playoff game (Vikings vs Saints I think). Glad to hear they were trying to knock him out and it kept him from advancing in the playoffs. Because he is a piece of sh*t human being stealing from poor needy families in the poorest state in the US, which means there is likely little other social net.

Sickening.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It takes a special kind of person to send a picture of your junk to someone unsolicited. That should have been a tipoff.

But this is far beyond that.

But to steal from poor families that are struggling to get clean drinking water? Not just poor people but people with young children? some of the neediest of the needy?
That is worse than Charles Haley.
And Charles Haley apparently jerked off into his teammates' lockers and hit on their wives/gfs.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I've been following this story for some time. I'm not sure how much you guys have read about it, but here's some of the key points as it relates to Favre.

Favre was paid several million dollars out of the TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) for speaking engagements of which he never gave. To his credit, when an audit at the State of Mississippi advised him of this, he returned the money in installments.

However, he still owes interest in the neighborhood of $230,000, and it's important to note that his repayment was made only after the overpayment was discovered by the auditors. You would have to think that if you received money in the millions of dollars that you would know that it was compensation for services you never performed.

Favre claims he didn't know that the money was coming from the welfare fund, but in this text...“If you were to pay me is there anyway the media can find out where it came from and how much?” it indicates that at the very least, he knew something wasn't right with it. That's pretty damn incriminating.

Favre also lobbied the state for a multimillion dollar grant for a start-up drug company of which he was the largest shareholder, with text messages revealing Favre asking an official of the drug company “Don’t know if legal or not but we need cut him in", apparently referring to former MS Governor Phil Bryant. Favre sent a follow-up text that read "Also if legal I’ll give some of my shares to the Governor.”

So far, Favre has not been charged with a crime, but this whole thing stinks to high heaven. Apparently, the Pro Football HOF has been inundated with people demanding that he be removed from the HOF, but no procedure for removal exists. Indeed, OJ Simpson is still a member. It's a disgusting story and has tainted Favre forever.