Brian Billick claims Wilson to get 120 guaranteed

Basis4day

Reaction score
BadgerVid":1k21vbc7 said:
I expect RW to get a 6 yr $120M contract with approximately half guaranteed and most of that paid as a signing bonus.

For bragging rights later, I'll go 6 year extension (7 years total) 130 million. 70 million fully guaranteed.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
For the past 16 months or so i have been convinced that we will give WIlson 80+ million in guaranteed over 7+ years .

It always made sense. It will save us money and lets face it we would be rewarding him for the past 3 seasons. :thirishdrinkers:

I want to see 8 years 145 million 125 guaranteed.

Schadie001

Reaction score
I think he is going to sign a 10 year 120 million dollar deal all guaranteed. That's a 12 mil a year contract very cap friendly and he is a Seahawk for life. If injured he is covered. Who would turn it down?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Schadie001":1jqnth3q said:
I think he is going to sign a 10 year 120 million dollar deal all guaranteed. That's a 12 mil a year contract very cap friendly and he is a Seahawk for life. If injured he is covered. Who would turn it down?

I would, because I could make 120M in 6 years.

hawk79

Reaction score
I heard this too. My guess is he signs somewhere between $60 - $80 M if the contract is fully guaranteed. They can do some fine tuning as far as pre-paying some of the contract before it kicks in. And if the contract is fully guaranteed, it probably won't be for more than 4 or 5 years to protect the team. Can't see 120M for 10 years. Too much and too long.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
An 8 year deal with $15M a year guaranteed each year would be $120M...which plays into what JS has said before JS

kearly

Reaction score
My guess has always been that Wilson will get an Aaron Rodgers type of deal. 5/110. Going from that to 5/120 is not a huge stretch. Could be 6/120, but I think Wilson would want more AYP and fewer years. Unless the whole thing is guaranteed, but JS would never do that.

kearly

Reaction score
OkieHawk":r8roq7u9 said:
An 8 year deal with $15M a year guaranteed each year would be $120M...which plays into what JS has said before JS

It's nice to dream. Even with the money being guaranteed, that would a terrible deal for Wilson to take. 8 years from now $15 million will be the equivalent of Matt Cassel money.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
kearly":2ytxrroz said:
OkieHawk":2ytxrroz said:

It's nice to dream. Even with the money being guaranteed, that would a terrible deal for Wilson to take. 8 years from now $15 million will be the equivalent of Matt Cassel money.

True, but it's still $120M when all is said and done though.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
I don't get the fear of guaranteeing more money for your QB.

I can guarantee if Wilson gets injured at all in the future our season is ruined anyhow.

The only fear is that Wilson suddenly goes full Kaepernick and just starts sucking, but that doesn't seem to be in his DNA, Wilson strives for perfection.

Wilson has shown a different level of play at the position, this isn't paying Andy Dalton or Jay Cutler, average QBs who have flashes of brilliance. Wilson has taken this franchise to new heights, I just see it as less risky.

Hawks46

Reaction score
McGruff":vwrqa0re said:
dumbrabbit":vwrqa0re said:
Either Wilson will get a $120M contract or he'll get a $50M fully guaranteed contract. It'll be one or the other. He has to be joking.

LOL. If you think Wilson is signing for anywhere around 50 million, guaranteed or not, you are thinking crazy.

If Billick is close, we're probably looking at a 6-7 year contract. The guarantees (whatever they are) will discount the yearly value from 23-24 million to around 20 million, but its not going any lower than that.

I was sarcastically going to say that if it was 120 million guaranteed, it would be for 10 years. 20 mil/year will be a bargain in 3 years.

ringless

Reaction score
I feel like the deal is taking for ever to either announce or to finish. I keep hoping it would be before the start of FA... Now I guess I will be hoping that its done before the draft....

Now are they going to do it as an extension, and he plays this year at his current low low low salary. Or will the contract be a new one with this years salary torn up and he starts getting the real money now?

seachickenfan1

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1hukdkwm said:

I think this is close, Russell wants to win, and I think he blames himself for the SB loss. I see Russ goin 12-15mil range, for 6-8 yrs, all guaranteed cheese!

original poster

Reaction score
I'd have no problem having the deal 100% guaranteed. The guy is only going to get better and that's saying something.

CPHawk

Reaction score
sutz":37uog1ch said:
Seahwkgal":37uog1ch said:
Chukarhawk":37uog1ch said:
Billick is a blithering idiot. Seriously, the guy is worthless and knows zero.
^^This.
:13: Billick don't know dick about the money side. He's moderately good at the X's & O's, but on contract stuff, we might as well qoute the barber at NFL headquarters. Actually, the barber probably knows more. ;)

He was an OC, who only got a HC job because he had randy moss and carter. Once at Baltimore his O was bad.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
McGruff":8i2h1j43 said:
dumbrabbit":8i2h1j43 said:
Either Wilson will get a $120M contract or he'll get a $50M fully guaranteed contract. It'll be one or the other. He has to be joking.

LOL. If you think Wilson is signing for anywhere around 50 million, guaranteed or not, you are thinking crazy.

If Billick is close, we're probably looking at a 6-7 year contract. The guarantees (whatever they are) will discount the yearly value from 23-24 million to around 20 million, but its not going any lower than that.
I actually believe it will be a bit lower, say 18.5-19. I think the trade for Graham indicates that Russ is willing to take a bit less to win. Maybe I'm fantasizing and of course time will tell, but even with the rise in the cap I just see him as coming in under 20 per.

Latest posts