Brian Schottenheimer

Jeremy517

Reaction score
getnasty":1lxb2m5y said:
Down Under Hawk":1lxb2m5y said:
For all you negative nellys at least they didn't wait and hire Sarkisian!!! :irishdrinkers:

Scary thing is Sarks resume us much better then Shottys

Sark's NFL resume is inheriting the #1 scoring offense and turning it into the #15 scoring offense, over 10 points per game worse than the previous year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sedrohawk":3kwz2xqg said:
MontatnaHawk05":3kwz2xqg said:
KitsapGuy":3kwz2xqg said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/952289962098966528[/tweet]

Oh, is Fieldgulls going against the grain again? Knock me over with a feather.

Maybe Schotty and Wilson find something special together. Maybe not.

I actually agree with the point that it's more about the talent at your disposal than anything else, but if that's the case, why did we let Cable and Bevell go? Because, in Cable's case, there is evidence that he was wrecking the available talent.

Sure, Schotty was stuck with bad quarterbacks for much of his career. He also may have been responsible for those bad quarterbacks, like Sanchez and Bradford. He did have a couple good moments, like Brees and Luck.

Meh. I'm the type to see coordinators as almost a non-factor. I was hoping for an innovator, but this news doesn't really Russell me one way or the other. If you'll pardon the pun that autocorrect provided for me.
Have any of those qb' s went on to do anything? I haven't even noticed them.

So you're saying that to you, Drew Breese wasn't even a blip on the Radar screen?
I'm all for waiting to see how RW can adjust with yet another OC mentor.
Wilson was in jeopardy every time he was up behind Cables' O-Line, Hell, Bevell was constantly trying to make silk purses outa Pigs ears...I'm more concerned as to who our new O-Line Coach is.

chris98251

Reaction score
If you read that article what were going to need is bigger outside receivers with speed and a TE that can both block and run the seam and underneath stuff with a really good Slot guy.

He will also ask Wilson to read the defense which should be easier with guys in motion and make quick decisions and hit his checkdown guys in the middle of the field, TE, Slot and RB's.

Then add the FB and Running game, this is truly the pass setting up the run formula.

If anyone was able to watch Air Coryell work it was a marvel to behold, trouble is most his teams stacked the offense side of the ball and had no defense. Don Coryell was a innovator on offense as much as Pete has been with his defense.

There is going to be some turnover, Locket and Richardson fit speed category but not the size, David Moore is the body speed type guy I think we could see emerge and Swoopes at TE as well. Vannett waiting in the wings will be a blessing.

Darboh and McEvoy will be given a chance here, fits Schottys body and speed type as well also.

Rainger

Reaction score
Jeremy517":tccbjy5d said:
getnasty":tccbjy5d said:
Down Under Hawk":tccbjy5d said:
For all you negative nellys at least they didn't wait and hire Sarkisian!!! :irishdrinkers:

Sark's NFL resume is inheriting the #1 scoring offense and turning it into the #15 scoring offense, over 10 points per game worse than the previous year.
:ditto: THIS:

zchurch74

Reaction score
Let’s just pull a Tennessee and go protest at the link. Everyone call the offices and complain and maybe they will pull the offer lol

I too am not happy with the “shotty” hire

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
For all of the negative sh*t I'm hearing, he doesn't have a prayer at success under Pete. Tell you what....he has one successful year here( ie. SB) and he will be hired away after only one year!

chris98251

Reaction score
Well a lot are pissed off that they didn't hire someone from college that had not experience in the NFL, that works sometimes, mostly it don't. Kelly flashed early and then was figured out, glad he won all those Super Bowls in Philly before he was fired. That or poach a coach off another team that already has a job and a contract and could not move laterally anyway, or hope that a playoff team was not going to resign their OC that got them to their playoff birth and would just let him walk for nothing and hire Bevell instead maybe.
That and anyone not 37 or so is to old after McVeys success, we need to get our coaches out of High School I guess next since Old means to some no nothing.

getnasty

Reaction score
Down Under Hawk":279xfim9 said:
Jeremy517":279xfim9 said:
getnasty":279xfim9 said:
Down Under Hawk":279xfim9 said:

:ditto: THIS:

And like I said that might be better then Schotty.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I would have been more excited getting a young unproven guy with some fire than an old shoe the jets couldn’t wait to get rid of.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
chris98251":1po0rzjf said:
Well a lot are pissed off that they didn't hire someone from college that had not experience in the NFL, that works sometimes, mostly it don't. Kelly flashed early and then was figured out, glad he won all those Super Bowls in Philly before he was fired. That or poach a coach off another team that already has a job and a contract and could not move laterally anyway, or hope that a playoff team was not going to resign their OC that got them to their playoff birth and would just let him walk for nothing and hire Bevell instead maybe.
That and anyone not 37 or so is to old after McVeys success, we need to get our coaches out of High School I guess next since Old means to some no nothing.

Seriously. I mean, to me it seems like many younger people think that the second someone turns 30 or so ... they're automatically old, over the hill, washed up, etc. In a lot of ways, I feel like I'm sometimes living in Logan's Run ...

[youtube]xSnLU9nyFSA[/youtube]

I mean, gimme a break. I'm going to at least give Schottenheimer a chance. Let's see what things look like Mid-season or so before we start passing judgment and earmark him for the Carousel, OK?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
hate the hire but I didn't like the Carrol hire, sooooo. If he gets rid of the ZBS I'll be very happy.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
NJlargent":17kazkze said:
I would have been more excited getting a young unproven guy with some fire than an old shoe the jets couldn’t wait to get rid of.

Hmmm ... You know who that also describes, don't you? Pete Carroll. How does that "Old Shoe" that the Jets got rid of look now, eh?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1yc0rmwu said:
chris98251":1yc0rmwu said:

Seriously. I mean, to me it seems like many younger people think that the second someone turns 30 or so ... they're automatically old, over the hill, washed up, etc. In a lot of ways, I feel like I'm sometimes living in Logan's Run ...

I mean, gimme a break. I'm going to at least give Schottenheimer a chance. Let's see what things look like Mid-season or so before we start passing judgment and earmark him for the Carousel, OK?

Hahaha using Logan's Run as a reference about young fans understanding age...I highly doubt many if any younger fans will even know what it is!

getnasty

Reaction score
The more I read the worse this looks on paper, on the bright side he has meet Sony Michel. Does anyone think this is a good hire? Please let there be someone.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
BAH! All of the available candidates out there and THIS is who we want to hire? Why is there a rush? Some of the best candidates are still coaching in the playoffs.

1c053d444dbb471a580335bc6c242553609dc140e738cac4bc

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3cwrt0dl said:
Hawkscanner":3cwrt0dl said:
chris98251":3cwrt0dl said:

Hahaha using Logan's Run as a reference about young fans understanding age...I highly doubt many if any younger fans will even know what it is!
\

LOL! I know. That's pretty ironic, wouldn't you say? The younger crowd honestly should watch it. They could learn a lesson or two from watching that "old" film.

Latest posts