Britt to center?

LolaRox

Reaction score
HawkGA":2n4k34if said:
LolaRox":2n4k34if said:
The o-line has arguably been the weakest position group on the team for multiple years despite him getting more high draft picks than any other position group.

I certainly don't mean this as a defense of Cable, but this isn't true, is it?

Which part? The o-line being the weak link or more high draft picks

HawkGA

Reaction score
The draft picks. The oline is definitely the weak link.

Largent80

Reaction score
McGruff":1zru56vj said:
Largent80":1zru56vj said:
They were extremely wrong about Nowak and that blunder may have cost us HFA. Lewis should be the starter and let the rest battle as a back up. It's really not that hard to figure it out.

Lewis is an average starter at best. Through everyone, including Lewis, into a pile, ans let the best man win.

What I meant was that someone Dunderheaded and thought Nowak was better than Lewis. Whoever that is is a jackass, because it showed in preseason games and ended up costing us many wins, and probably home field advantage which we all know, leads to the SB.

LolaRox

Reaction score
HawkGA":x0tenbul said:
The draft picks. The oline is definitely the weak link.

Would you agree that rounds 1-3 are considered 'high picks'? If so, there are 4 out of 14 picks 2010- 2015. ( I think I counted right )

Okung (1), Carp (1), Moffitt (3), Britt (2) & if you include Unger from 2009 = 5

WR is next with 3 picks
LB - 2 picks
DL - 2 picks
DB, RB, QB 1 each

HawkGA

Reaction score
I guess so. But considering there are 5 offensive linemen, it averages out about the same. I'd say WR has been more heavily invested than OL and honestly, that investment has probably been worse. Hawks have hit more gold with UDFA's than they have the draft capital they've put in the WR position.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Not sure the investment in the WR has been worse, but I see the point if you're talking total draft and not just high picks. Tate and Lockett have both been very valuable and performed well for this team, jury is still out on Richardson.

The development of the o-line has just been disappointing especially when you compare that to the secondary. That group only has 1 high draft pick but Kris (and to some extent Pete) keep developing the mid-lower picks into all pros and good performers. Kris has coached up one of the best secondaries in the NFL while Cable is still trying to figure out if Britt can even play anywhere on the line. :roll:

HawkGA

Reaction score
Oh, don't get me wrong, the return on the OL definitely sucks. In terms of draft capital at WR though, gotta include Harvin (wasn't he a first and a third?) and should probably include Graham too.

Lockett definitely is the star of the class (with Tate getting honorable mention). But they've really invested quite a bit in that position. And if we drop down a round to consider 4th rounders too, the WR pool gets even bigger.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
If anyone other than Lewis starts at Center and they suck and cost us games again Cable should be fired . I wouldn't have a problem with firing Cable right now he's made to many mistakes already in player evaluation , he's stubborn to the point of stupidity about 'his guys' and who he plays.