Kelly to OC @ Ohio State

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm a loss on who its going to be.

knownone

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what Chip gets paid. Ohio State has to buy him out, which can't be cheap. What a weird situation.

This is why Seattle probably should have tried to hold on to Waldron. We might ultimately be scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Bieniemy is not the answer. There's no chance Macdonald wants to bring in a guy who passes the ball 70% of the time.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
This is so weird. Why move from HC to OC?
Less stress with a reduced role and moving to one of the ‘Haves’ of the College Football hierarchy vs the ‘have not’ that UCLA (and dozens of other programs) will increasingly become.

PhxPhin

Reaction score
It's not like he was sitting on job security at UCLA and there was a lot of talk that he wasn't really adept at navigating the new landscape, recruiting to the expectation of UCLA and then having the conference shift.

Money was really good though.

I could see him wanting to go into a structured environment with a top level of recruits and showcasing his offense to give one last shot at the NFL, even if it's as an OC

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what Chip gets paid. Ohio State has to buy him out, which can't be cheap. What a weird situation.
Depends on the wording of the contract, might not apply to a non head coach role.

sc85sis

Reaction score
It's not like he was sitting on job security at UCLA and there was a lot of talk that he wasn't really adept at navigating the new landscape, recruiting to the expectation of UCLA and then having the conference shift.

Money was really good though.

I could see him wanting to go into a structured environment with a top level of recruits and showcasing his offense to give one last shot at the NFL, even if it's as an OC
This. There were rumors he’d get fired at the end of this past season. Although he didn’t, his seat seemingly was pretty warm. UCLA isn’t known for supporting the football team, and with the portal and NIL in play, it’s harder to get and keep top guys on a team.