BrockSalk-AZ Radio "Seahawks lucked out drafting Russ Wilson

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John Schneider has got to be one of the luckiest guys in the whole damned League, what with getting a job working with Pete Carroll, Lucking out on picking a THIRD round Quarterback with TOP of the FIRST round qualifications.
He also "Lucked Out" on SEVERAL other players that came in the later rounds ( like Richard Sherman) AND, he is extremely lucky to have found several impact players that weren't even DRAFTED at all....BALDWIN...KEARSE...Etc.
SOOOOOOO OVERATED!!!
SOOOOOOO Clueless In Arizona.

Ozzy

Reaction score
NINEster":27yzzgjn said:
"Seahawks lucked out drafting Russell Wilson"

Re-order the words:

"Russell Wilson lucked out being drafted by the Seahawks"

That's a more accurate statement.

And it's not as much of a Wilson knock as you think.....just a little bit....I have to, haha.

Because he went to a team that:

1. Allowed him to compete with the starter job. I completely forget that they ever signed Matt Flynn.
2. Tailored an offense around him - I think as far as NFL offenses go, none are as tailored to their QB like Bevell's to Wilson. (Shula and Cam a close second)
3. Lynch
4. Carroll and his defense
5. Home field advantage of The Link

Not even the Harbaugh 49ers did this much for Kaepernick except for #3 and #4......#1 relied on Smith's concussion, who knows when he would have played if not for that. #2 they did to an extent but gave up on it, and I also think HaRoman was not quite as good as Bevell....considering the 49ers had more offensive talent. #5 no team outside Kansas City can match that type of HFA.

What did Luck's Colts and Griffin's Redskins do for them? Surely if Wilson went to those two teams they wouldn't have done any more for him...probably less.

Wilson is going to be an all time great and someone who you build around not the other way around. Most fan bases are in agreement with this, Niner fans will turn a corner soon enough about this.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
austinslater25":1f77yfs2 said:
NINEster":1f77yfs2 said:
"Seahawks lucked out drafting Russell Wilson"

Re-order the words:

"Russell Wilson lucked out being drafted by the Seahawks"

That's a more accurate statement.

And it's not as much of a Wilson knock as you think.....just a little bit....I have to, haha.

Because he went to a team that:

1. Allowed him to compete with the starter job. I completely forget that they ever signed Matt Flynn.
2. Tailored an offense around him - I think as far as NFL offenses go, none are as tailored to their QB like Bevell's to Wilson. (Shula and Cam a close second)
3. Lynch
4. Carroll and his defense
5. Home field advantage of The Link

Not even the Harbaugh 49ers did this much for Kaepernick except for #3 and #4......#1 relied on Smith's concussion, who knows when he would have played if not for that. #2 they did to an extent but gave up on it, and I also think HaRoman was not quite as good as Bevell....considering the 49ers had more offensive talent. #5 no team outside Kansas City can match that type of HFA.

What did Luck's Colts and Griffin's Redskins do for them? Surely if Wilson went to those two teams they wouldn't have done any more for him...probably less.

Wilson is going to be an all time great and someone who you build around not the other way around. Most fan bases are in agreement with this, Niner fans will turn a corner soon enough about this.
Don't hold your breath on that.