Broncos chasing the 2007 Patriots.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Ravens are a team that has been completely gutted at a bunch of positions.

The media will overlook it and say "defending SB champs so they should be good", but this team lost a TON of key players.

They are not going to be very good this year, and Thursday night was just the beginning.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
kearly":pfzaccat said:
I will say this, Seattle might be the only team with secondary deep enough to slow that passing offense. Thomas, Welker, Decker, and now Julius Thomas. That's a lot of weapons to cover.

Baltimore probably isn't a playoff team this year, but people should still take note of Denver's offense. It could be historically good. IIRC, New England didn't have much of a running game in 2007 either.

They didn't have a running game that year. Maroney had 835 yards rushing, so yea.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think this is all pretty funny.

All the teams that win the first weekend are going to be chasing an undefeated season. For some it will continue, for others,,,,,

:les:

BroncosFan

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2pl50fz7 said:
1 game does not define a season. Especially the first game. Manning is unlikely to throw 60 TD passes (though I guess it's possible), and the lack of a run game/pass rush is going to hurt them at some point.

Manning will throw at least 50 TD's this season. You are right though. One game does not define a season. It cracks me up that people talk about a lack of a pass rush. The Broncos had 4 sacks in that game without Von Miller. They were 1st in the NFL in sacks last season. We lost Doom, but gained Shawn Phillips. Denver's pass rush will be just fine. The run game is a question mark, but I expect it to improve as the season wears on.