Browner Benched in the first half.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
And I thought the secondary played better in the first half.

I think Browner's gone after this year. Thurmond and Maxwell have done just as good.

Schadie001

Reaction score
I disagree....Thurmond was getting abused in the slot today giving up many 9 and 10 yard gains. Maxwell didn't do much better in the first half either.

KK84

Reaction score
That pick wt3 dropped would have been an easy 6. And that was a horrible drop.

getnasty

Reaction score
Don't remember Browner giving up anything in the second half, maybe that was the wake up call he needed

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkFan72":12lnifsm said:

I think Browner's gone after this year. Thurmond and Maxwell have done just as good.

Would be shocked if he wasn't somewhere else next year. TBH I thought the pay raise was a nice gesture, but still pretty weird.

hawk45

Reaction score
He's not built to play off a guy much. If he guesses wrong even once he can kiss recovering goodbye. He needs to be up there smacking guys around immediately, and he does that pretty well.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He was atrocious early on in the game. I too think he's gone next year

Naks8

Reaction score
Browner needs to go out there and play with more fire. He's about the only one not getting excited

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Schadie001":1n3ovghj said:
I disagree....Thurmond was getting abused in the slot today giving up many 9 and 10 yard gains. Maxwell didn't do much better in the first half either.

Agree on this. I have been underwhelmed by Thurmond in the past 3 games. Perhaps he is better on the outside - we'll see. I am little confused by Browner's tech. He used to abuse guys off the line which gave him the advantage, but now I see him allowing free releases to guys and paying for it. Take away his ability to get physical makes him pretty ordinary.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3nw89rr4 said:
He was atrocious early on in the game. I too think he's gone next year

I don't think there's any question he's gone. He'll definitely elect FA instead of re-signing and someone will overpay him.

OrFan

Reaction score
If he goes away I hope we can find someone better. Right now that person is not on this team.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I thought switching up to Maxwell was a good adjustment, as the Titans obvious strategy was to try and beat Browner over the top (aka Colts).
I think Browner needs to line up 1on1 with the opposing TE; his build, length, and doggedness could shut down that TE outlet action that we have been previously suceptible to.
Thurmond seemed to get beat a lot today, but I still need to watch the tape again.
ETIII, Kam, and Sherm were all ballin' strong.
KJ did well in the middle as well.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1rrxdolc said:

Funny, I don't see Thurmond playing that much better. The slot WRs have been burning him all year and he dropped a sure INT today. He got picked on in the 2nd half, and it was on Browner's side. Before the replay, I was like "freaking Browner" then upon replay it was Thurmond giving up the play.

Browner has slipped this year, but he's far from being cut unless he gets worse. They'll resign him, but probably at a fair deal and he won't be breaking the bank.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
UGotHawked":3stph5dq said:
Schadie001":3stph5dq said:

Agree on this. I have been underwhelmed by Thurmond in the past 3 games. Perhaps he is better on the outside - we'll see. I am little confused by Browner's tech. He used to abuse guys off the line which gave him the advantage, but now I see him allowing free releases to guys and paying for it. Take away his ability to get physical makes him pretty ordinary.

Exactly!! There is hardly any jamming at the LOS anymore.. Dan Quin needs to understand that our strength was to jam reciever not try to blanked cover them.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I look at it this way, BB was struggling to start this game. He deserve to be benched, however, we do need him in the long run to be successful, just like we need Maxwell and Walter in the long run as well.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The problem with Browner is that we are not using him the way he needs to be used.

The problem with replacing Browner is that whoever we might think of replacing him with is doing just as poor a job, and nowhere near the threat to score on or intimidate the opponent's offensive players.

There is a weird love affair with anyone but Browner.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
kigenzun":1plv2kyv said:
I thought switching up to Maxwell was a good adjustment, as the Titans obvious strategy was to try and beat Browner over the top (aka Colts).
I think Browner needs to line up 1on1 with the opposing TE; his build, length, and doggedness could shut down that TE outlet action that we have been previously suceptible to.

I was having this discussion with someone as well. I wondered if we may see BB lined up with a TE. It sounds like Talib did a number on Jimmy Graham today before getting injured. Hmmmm.