Browner cut/ Lewis shopped/ Siliga to IR

DJrmb

Reaction score
A few more cuts: DE DeAngelo Tyson. Also LB Kyle Coleman, WR Deshon Foxx and WR Montario Hunter.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/770386965967564800[/tweet]

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":4z9p7pf5 said:
Honestly when I clicked on this thread I expected to see Siouxhawk argue that now that Browner has been released, there's a spot open for T-Jack.
I feel flattered that you hang on my every word.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hunter must be pretty damn special in Cable's mind if they're keeping him over Lewis.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Siliga sucks a bit. I wonder if we'll look for more depth there with Reed hurt right now? Or maybe it just secures Hill's roster spot?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Seafan":1rkcp4h8 said:
LeftHandSmoke":1rkcp4h8 said:
Hunter must be pretty damn special in Cable's mind if they're keeping him over Lewis.

Hunt is rated the best rookie center in preason by PFF.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/8/21/125 ... eason-2016

The biggest factor IMO is Lewis' $1.6 million salary guaranteed if he's on the opening day roster. Time to move on.

Unless the Front Office is keeping Cable's budget on a very tight leash, the difference in salary is like a proverbial drop in the ocean.

It's more likely a talent decision / gamble by Cable. I hope he's right that a rookie like Hunt can step up if called upon, in a power-run game like was so successful late last year with Rawls.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lewis must have stepped on Cables new Astro Turf at home with dirty shoes at some point, guy has been cut so many times he should be in a Nightmare on Elm Street Movie.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle IR'd Helfet then reversed course with an injury settlement a few days later. For all the same reasons as Helfet, it's likely they'll do the same with Siliga in a few days.

Clemons, browner, and Siliga all seemed like pretty weak signings at the time. Can't say that the results have been a surprise.

Rat

Reaction score
Who is going to selfishly put his drugs above the team and abandon us for the playoffs now?

McGruff

Reaction score
Rat":2wke1xkw said:
Who is going to selfishly put his drugs above the team and abandon us for the playoffs now?

My money is on Christine Michael.

Oh wait, that wasn't a serious question?

Basis4day

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2kt5qoat said:
Seafan":2kt5qoat said:
LeftHandSmoke":2kt5qoat said:

Hunt is rated the best rookie center in preason by PFF.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/8/21/125 ... eason-2016

The biggest factor IMO is Lewis' $1.6 million salary guaranteed if he's on the opening day roster. Time to move on.

Unless the Front Office is keeping Cable's budget on a very tight leash, the difference in salary is like a proverbial drop in the ocean.

It's more likely a talent decision / gamble by Cable. I hope he's right that a rookie like Hunt can step up if called upon, in a power-run game like was so successful late last year with Rawls.

It's a 1 million dollar difference this year. Every dollar counts.

Lewis was also only signed through this year, while Hunt is signed for 4 at a much lower rate.

Makes plenty of sense to keep Hunt over Lewis.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Rat":3unxfnvi said:

That year worked out well as i recall.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
By keeping Hunt over Lewis, we save around 3.25 million over the next three years, assuming Lewis continues to demand the salary he signed for this year. Hunt has shown his floor is adequate for a backup, and his ceiling appears to far surpass what Lewis has given us.

We could cut Frese, bring Gresham back and still have 3 million over three years.

What is it with this team and centers though?

Basis4day

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1bdm8cry said:
By keeping Hunt over Lewis, we save around 3.25 million over the next three years, assuming Lewis continues to demand the salary he signed for this year. Hunt has shown his floor is adequate for a backup, and his ceiling appears to far surpass what Lewis has given us.

We could cut Frese, bring Gresham back and still have 3 million over three years.

What is it with this team and centers though?

I think it just show's Unger's value.

Our coaches like players on the o-line who can play multiple positions in a pinch. Center is a different cat.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I didn't think much of the browner signing. Many of you loved it and mocked me. I didn't think much of the Clemons signing. Many of you mocked me.

I drink and I know things.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siliga doesn't help the team much on the injury list so waiving him with settlement makes sense. He's not going to be around for 8 games at the minimum. Wouldn't want to waste the designate for return on such a fringe player anyway. If they want to go for a big run stopper, Terence "Pot Roast" Knighton is now available since the Pats released him.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2h062om1 said:
Siliga doesn't help the team much on the injury list so waiving him with settlement makes sense. He's not going to be around for 8 games at the minimum. Wouldn't want to waste the designate for return on such a fringe player anyway. If they want to go for a big run stopper, Terence "Pot Roast" Knighton is now available since the Pats released him.

Condotta has been pushing this all day. You know longer need to designate an IR person for return. You can activate any single IR'd player.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k-from-ir/

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2b1gji43 said:
I didn't think much of the browner signing. Many of you loved it and mocked me. I didn't think much of the Clemons signing. Many of you mocked me.

I drink and I know things.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Well Dom, you are skilled at the drinking part.