Browner suspended a year for non-PED drug abuse per ESPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsport

Reaction score
What is this crew to be called now? After substance abuse issues, I have to assume it's pot - so should we name them "The Legion of Doob"??

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
GCrow":bu2i832z said:
Alright, maybe i'm runnin on fumes at the moment, but serisouly shouldn't the NFL re-evaluate this whole "substance abuse" rules and punishments? I hate being this guy and comparing these but,

Aldon Smith can go booze all night, get behind the wheel put people's life in danger multiple times... play a game 48 hours later like nothing happened, then get a casual month and a half off at some rehab facility. Meanwhile Browner takes a stimulant/depressant - like alcohol - that is legal in the state and gets popped for a year?

Maybe I sound like an idiot, who's to say. Anyways back to supporting the best team in the NFL on the quest.

You forgot the part about guns being fired at his house :lol:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
PDX12":1kw7e020 said:
Guys, chill. He screwed up, and his career is pretty much over because of it. He wasn't going to see the field again for us most likely, so this doesn't affect the playoff run one bit.

Browner did a lot for this team. He made a mistake. He has a substance abuse problem, and shouldn't be crucified for his illness. Put the high horses back in the garage and let's move forward with our great depth.

You are hilarious.

Exittium

Reaction score
In better news.. GO REDSKINS!!! AZ will be ahead of those whiners lose (Sorry done with browner, was done with him at the start of the season)

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
GCrow":sns1p1gv said:
Alright, maybe i'm runnin on fumes at the moment, but serisouly shouldn't the NFL re-evaluate this whole "substance abuse" rules and punishments? I hate being this guy and comparing these but,

Aldon Smith can go booze all night, get behind the wheel put people's life in danger multiple times... play a game 48 hours later like nothing happened, then get a casual month and a half off at some rehab facility. Meanwhile Browner takes a stimulant/depressant - like alcohol - that is legal in the state and gets popped for a year?

Maybe I sound like an idiot, who's to say. Anyways back to supporting the best team in the NFL on the quest.

Aldon Smith is actually an alcoholic, which is why I don't rip him, really. He's sick.

Marijuana is not physically addictive. Browner just loves that green, which many of us do sometimes, but we actually have jobs and so we don't smoke like college students. Browner is just dumb more than anything. Aldon is legit ill.

razgriz737

Reaction score
nsport":16haxpls said:
What is this crew to be called now? After substance abuse issues, I have to assume it's pot - so should we name them "The Legion of Doob"??
Someone on FB posted "Legion of Bong".

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Damn it we just started getting players back and we get hit with this bs? And the NFL network just reported their sources say Browner is done with the Seahawks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
KK84":z47n0enh said:
RezHawk":z47n0enh said:
Question??? Can intake of second hand smoke cause a drug test failure? Been outside a couple bars after games this year where a contact buzz was a definite possibility.

Not unless it's shotgunned straight into your mouth.

No. In the military we had guys hanging out with civilians that smoked pot. The person smoking it actually filters the THC into their body, so you can get a contact high.

I know this as fact as I went to a Lynyrd Skynrd concert at the old Seattle Collesium and got lit up by all the pot smoke. Literally the next day, Chief comes into the yard and hollers out a few names. We come in and "whiz quizz". I took Chief aside and explained the situation, he told me that if I didn't actively smoke anything, I was fine. I took the test and passed it.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
At least it saves this franchise from making a huge mistake in giving him a giant contract when he will be 30 next year.

PDX12

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":9lmy0wlk said:
GCrow":9lmy0wlk said:

Addiction is an illness. He didn't harm anyone. He didn't harm the Hawks.

Enough with these bush-league overreactions we seem to be so good at.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bestfightstory":s6bw5p93 said:
Are we allowed to be angry yet? CANHawk? KCHawk'girl'?

I'm going to wait until the time is deemed appropriate to express my outrage at this turn of events.
On Browner? Yes. This is disappointing for sure we're fairly deep in the secondary and this can be mitigated by shifting more to the offense specifically Wilson.

HawkWow

Reaction score
So...should everybody that posted "Silver is lying and should be held liable for slander" be held liable for slander as well?

My point? Reporting news is tricky business.

Don't hate the player, hate the game (and all that).

nsport

Reaction score
razgriz737":10p0sjk5 said:
nsport":10p0sjk5 said:
Someone on FB posted "Legion of Bong".

I like that one too... I was just going for the Doom/Doob one-letter-off-thing. :)

bestfightstory

Reaction score
PDX12":1rk64z8k said:
WilsonMVP":1rk64z8k said:
GCrow":1rk64z8k said:

Hey, man. I'm drunk. I have an illness. Don't judge me.

Exittium

Reaction score
PDX12":132sbsvx said:
WilsonMVP":132sbsvx said:
GCrow":132sbsvx said:

Your funny... :2:

bigtrain21

Reaction score
HawkWow":3drrdhkg said:
So...should everybody that posted "Silver is lying and should be held liable for slander" be held liable for slander as well?

My point? Reporting news is tricky business.

Don't hate the player, hate the game (and all that).

He was saying it was for PED's so he was very wrong. Let's not just forget that part of it.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Stick with me...

I think this is being quite overblown. Sure, Browner is huge, physical, and fills a GIGANTIC hole in our DBfield. However, if we are panicking because we lost him (seriously, how many games has he missed in the last two seasons) and think we are "in trouble" for the seasons I just don't see it. We are pretty deep at DB and at some point Lane and Maxwell are going to have us exhale. We are getting healthy offensively, playing well defensively without BB, and the biggest game of the season on Monday coming up we don't have time to worry. I can wonder how this will affect our locker room but these guys are professionals (well, most of them), and I hope this brings a rally from our team, not an implosion (but, that argument can come in March). It's go time. Too much at stake for the rest of the roster to focus on how two dudes blew it (pardon the pun). I think RW, Sherm, and Beast will step up...we have leaders...big time.

I understand we are all pissed (myself included) but, now what??? Put your big boy pants on, get over it, and continue to cheer your heads off. We are still going to win 14 games (and, I don't know which we'll lose--hope not Monday) and clinch a #1 seed and win the Super Bowl. As much as I love my Hawks, keep it in perspective...BB didn't get us to 10 wins.... and rest assured that he's going to be pissed when he doesn't get a ring this year. Maybe then, too, he can lick a ring around his "L" and wonder what happened why the rest of us cry, drink, and hug it out.

We are going to be fine. I believe. You should, too. Shit is going to be ok.

PDX12

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3atck5yb said:
GCrow":3atck5yb said:

Aldon Smith is actually an alcoholic, which is why I don't rip him, really. He's sick.

Marijuana is not physically addictive. Browner just loves that green, which many of us do sometimes, but we actually have jobs and so we don't smoke like college students. Browner is just dumb more than anything. Aldon is legit ill.

Reasonable, but I don't know Browner's backstory enough to judge. I can only assume he's got a serious addiction problem, regardless of the addictive traits of the green.

Anyway, no harm done, as far as I'm concerned. Hope he gets better, and I'm sorry it's not here. His loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.