Browns Favored Over Seahawks?

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Got to try and remember, this is Vegas odds they are looking at. The media has been pushing all off-season that the Browns were gonna be great........so the casual watcher / gambling person isn't in the know like most fans......they just want the easy money. On top of that, a full homefield spread for the handicap is 3 points. So at 2.5 they still aren't really a favorite. To top it all off, the spread will move as we closer to Sunday.

sutz

Reaction score
Also want to remember our typical point spread for wins is like what, 2.5 or so?

We tend to play close games, throw in we're on the road at 10am, and isn't that a grass field?

This could be a challenge.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

RobDaHawk":1p46590z said:
Got to try and remember, this is Vegas odds they are looking at. The media has been pushing all off-season that the Browns were gonna be great........so the casual watcher / gambling person isn't in the know like most fans......they just want the easy money. On top of that, a full homefield spread for the handicap is 3 points. So at 2.5 they still aren't really a favorite. To top it all off, the spread will move as we closer to Sunday.

We all know about the house wanting to even the bets etc. blah-blah-blah but the OP is more about the Browns just not being good enough to be favored over a winning team.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1ux4g7ny said:
RobDaHawk":1ux4g7ny said:

We all know about the house wanting to even the bets etc. but the OP is more about the Browns just not being good enough to be favored over a winning team.

Yeah I hear ya, and for that I agree with sutz haha. Like he said, we hardly pull out a win when we win. In all honesty, it will be a tough game and even harder to bet on I'd say, but that's just an opinion.

James in PA

Reaction score
The Browns OPENED as slight favorites. But the Hawks are currently 1 to 1.5 favorites. And given the Hawks’ track record, that sounds just about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seabowl

Reaction score
One team coming off a huge win and one coming off a bad loss on a short week. NFL betting rules say take the Brownies especially at home.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with most point spreads for or against Seattle right now, unless it’s something outrageous.
Seattle has struggled against 2 weaker teams (and won) and barely beat LA, even though they are 4-1.
I can see why outsider money would be bet against them. JMHO of course.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would probably not bet the Seahawks to win by much. I'd be surprised at a line that had the Browns winning, but outside of the Cardinals game, but there hasn't been much in the way of blowouts for Seattle. Add into that on the road, early game and coming off a bye, and I think the Hawks definitely come out flat and pull out the win late.

ivotuk

Reaction score
For one, they're favored to beat a team with a winning record, which has been a rarity for the Browns over the past few years. Also, they're favored to beat an NFC team, which almost never happens.

If the current point spread holds, the game against the Seahawks will mark just the second time since 2015 that the Browns have been favored to beat a team with a winning record, according to Pro Football Reference.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":12v6w2ep said:
I don’t have a problem with most point spreads for or against Seattle right now, unless it’s something outrageous.
Seattle has struggled against 2 weaker teams (and won) and barely beat LA, even though they are 4-1.
I can see why outsider money would be bet against them. JMHO of course.

Why does this logic only seem to apply to our team?

So we're the only good team to "struggle" against weaker teams? I didn't know blowouts were happening every week

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scorpion05":30ac9gjs said:
I didn't know blowouts were happening every week
The closest win the Patriots have had this year was 16-10 over the Bills. Including that, they are averaging winning by 24.2 points on the season through five weeks.

Just sayin'. Still, **** the Patriots and their perennially cupcake division. At least the Bills didn't lose by 30 to them.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's misleading to think that Vegas odds are inaccurate because they want to split the money. It is the act of splitting the money that helps them to be so accurate in the first place, according to the wisdom of the crowds theory. And if you don't buy that then just look at history. Zero "experts" outperform Vegas publicly on a consistent basis.

That being said, there is one spread this week that seems really weird and it isn't ours. The Saints are underdogs in Jacksonville this week as people jump about the Minshew hype train