Bruce Irvin back to Hawks

Largent80

Reaction score
Jefferson led Seattle with 4 sacks and Clowney double teamed.

Irvin almost had nine with minimal double teams.

Jville

Reaction score
The prospect of exploratory pass rush packages featuring both Irvin and Shaquem Griffin on the edges should provide great entertainment this preseason.

Something to look forward to :biggthumpup:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Jville":21k2t8s7 said:
The prospect of exploratory pass rush packages featuring both Irvin and Shaquem Griffin on the edges should provide great entertainment this preseason.

So in this scenario is Clowney still the best fit for us, can he move inside and be the player we want? Would Griffen or Bennett actually be better in that role. I think Clowney is shown to be a very good 5 Tech and was supposed to produce at 3 Tech.

Jville

Reaction score
Wenhawk":31j9nvp6 said:
Jville":31j9nvp6 said:

So in this scenario is Clowney still the best fit for us, can he move inside and be the player we want? Would Griffen or Bennett actually be better in that role. I think Clowney is shown to be a very good 5 Tech and was supposed to produce at 3 Tech.

Yes, the more positions a player can line up in the better. I tend to think of Clowney as a disruptive play maker .... moving around in the style of Bennett. Allowing the instincts take over with versatile teammates accommodating and covering his improvisation.

But, high energy improvisation does require a blow from time to time. Necessitating alternate packages that can be rotated in to attack in a complementary style. Line rotation is desirable with or without a star. In fact, nobody has come all that close to playing 100% of the available snaps for the Seahawks defensive line since ...... DE Chris Clemons.

kf3339

Reaction score
Irvin with 7-9 sacks this season is much better than any D-line player we had last season. I will take it!

Kinger95

Reaction score
Any contract info on this??

Years? Dollars? Anything?

I’d guess 1 year 4.5 mill but who knows

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I do like this move because Bruce can play LB as well as DE. It's not a game changer but it does add some quality depth.

Latest posts