Bruce Irvin: I couldn't reach my potential in Seattle

Reaction score
He is smart. He realized the value of sacks relative to money. For him a pick 6 wasn't going to get him the same money in fa as another sack would.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I say he does well there and will be a key part of the defence there. I hope he sacks the hell out of whoever is QB for Denver.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I don't think he was being negative about the organization at all. Sounds like he feels he has a lot to offer still. A lot of which wasn't displayed to the world because of the eventual role he ended up playing here. I can respect that. Good luck Bruce.

1e5ds6

bruceirvin51Too my brothers of the 2012 draft class what we did by coming in and changing this organization and city when everyone had something negative to say about us will probably never be done again. We all for the most part won't ever play together again but the realtionships we made are forever and the memories will forever b talked about when are old men. To a city and fan base that embraced me when everyone considered me a reach I appreciate you and I will love you forever. Mr Allen Pete and John thank u for the chance to play for such a great city and a group of men who I consider my lifetime brothers now. I know some may not understand the decision but this window of opportunity is so small that you have to make the best decision for you and your family. 12'sssss I thank you and I love you. One of the best fan bases in sports today u will be missed! I'm looking forward to my new chapter and helping the city of Oakland bring a ship there!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCv-c0ymO-j/

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":1ev8g301 said:
I'm not predicting that Irvin will have a ton of sacks next year, but it's pretty common for pass rushers to suddenly figure things out in their late 20s and early 30s. Chris Clemons had his breakout season at age 29 after a change of scenery.
Sure enough. I would also argue that he doesn't yet realize Seattle put him in a role that actually took advantage of his strong points. A bit of a waste to make him a pure pass rusher.

nanomoz

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":slezz0ex said:
kearly":slezz0ex said:
I'm not predicting that Irvin will have a ton of sacks next year, but it's pretty common for pass rushers to suddenly figure things out in their late 20s and early 30s. Chris Clemons had his breakout season at age 29 after a change of scenery.
Sure enough. I would also argue that he doesn't yet realize Seattle put him in a role that actually took advantage of his strong points. A bit of a waste to make him a pure pass rusher.

Ya, for sure. SEE: 2012 Atlanta playoff game.