Bruce Irvin injury?

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3rpmkmg2 said:
King Dog":3rpmkmg2 said:
I don't want to trade Bruce. I have no faith that KPL can stay healthy at this point. He's out again.

KPL hurting another shoulder is some of the worst news I have heard this off-season. It sounded like he was balling out. Hopefully he bounces back from it and has a healthy career. We need him to continue to develop this year and to be fully healthy next year when we will likely need him to start.

Pete seems to give more information on KPL's surgery than he tends to with injuries. Went out of his way to pronounce shoulder "Strain" and a lack of strength in a couple movements. Said it might keep him out tomorrow and added that they like to be overly cautious with this kind of thing in the preseason.

I'd be more concerned if he kept it brief and simply said, "we dont know whats wrong yet".

RiverDog

Reaction score
iigakusei":3n3bkgwb said:
You have to remember too that if he signs a large deal somewhere else in the offseason you would probably be looking at a 4th round comp pick anyway.

Good point. But I think a 4th rounder is overly optimistic. I don't think anyone is going to give him big money, just more money than what we'd be willing to give him. Plus there's always the saying that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If someone were to offer me a 4th rounder for Irvin today, I'd be hard pressed not to take it.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
RiverDog":8lc8w0r5 said:
iigakusei":8lc8w0r5 said:
You have to remember too that if he signs a large deal somewhere else in the offseason you would probably be looking at a 4th round comp pick anyway.

Good point. But I think a 4th rounder is overly optimistic. I don't think anyone is going to give him big money, just more money than what we'd be willing to give him. Plus there's always the saying that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If someone were to offer me a 4th rounder for Irvin today, I'd be hard pressed not to take it.

And I would be hard pressed to keep from calling you a horrible decision maker.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Keep him and see how he plays this season. If he does well that could up his value or we could re-sign him. But I think there are some young guys on this team now that have more potential as Irvin was an older guy coming in.

Latest posts