Should the Seahawks look at bringing Bruce Irvin back to Sea

getnasty

Reaction score
Had 8.5 sacks last year which is more then double our best sack producer. Obviously price has to be right but i could see him oppisite of Clowney. If we miss out on Clowney i hope our consolation prize is better then Bruce Irvin though. If he was salty when he left then hard pass but i don't remember that being the case.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
jammerhawk":319zhfot said:
He'd want more than $5-6 million APY without a doubt.

This. Doesn't mean he's not a good signing, but the question is likely do you want Irvin at 8-10 APY, not 4-5 APY.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1py1nxhj said:
jammerhawk":1py1nxhj said:

This. Doesn't mean he's not a good signing, but the question is likely do you want Irvin at 8-10 APY, not 4-5 APY.

I'd be shocked if Irvin got anywhere close to 10M a year. He's 33 and while yes he just had his biggest sack total of his career, he's never had over 10 sacks, and he's a rotation edge rusher that is a 30-40% snap count type of player at this point in his career.

That doesn't equal 8-10M a year, that equals a 1-2 year deal at maybe 5-6M at most.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":197zaj7u said:
Popeyejones":197zaj7u said:
jammerhawk":197zaj7u said:

I'd be shocked if Irvin got anywhere close to 10M a year. He's 33 and while yes he just had his biggest sack total of his career, he's never had over 10 sacks, and he's a rotation edge rusher that is a 30-40% snap count type of player at this point in his career.

That doesn't equal 8-10M a year, that equals a 1-2 year deal at maybe 5-6M at most.

Agreed, I would say a "3" year contract at 6.5 avg with a fake last year is probably the market he is looking at. I would be fine with bring him in at that, but anything crazy over that number I would be ok with letting him walk too.

Basis4day

Reaction score
As a rotational pass rusher, yes.

If their going to use him more in his prior OLB base role, then no.

Largent80

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin has bounced from team to team and nobody keeps him, and there is a reason for that. 8.5 sacks on a crap team?...pass

kf3339

Reaction score
I personally would rather use the $5-6M per year on Jefferson who is much younger and more versatile. Irvin as a situational pass rusher would be good, but at a lower avg. cap hit. Don't thing he would do it, but his age is working against him getting what he may want going forward. He might prefer to get a team who has a chance to get back to and win another Super Bowl. Hard to say.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
After reading and considering the associated costs regrading the Yannick talk I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of getting Irvin back, assuming that facilitates signing Clowney. We could add another in the draft and with Greene and Collier we might find ourselves in pretty good shape for getting to the QB.
I agree kf, I think Jefferson is a must keep. Rather get him back than spend all the $ on Reed. Add another interior guy in the draft to what we already have and we should be pretty good on the D Line.

LTH

Reaction score
RW4LIFE":7ghuo26i said:
Irvin appears very open to the idea.

What say you?

"Pass rush is the name of the game for the Seahawks offseason and while a reunion with one former Seattle defensive lineman, Michael Bennett, has been discussed by the 710 ESPN staff, another former Seahawk made a bit of a social media splash by seemingly implying that he would be open to coming back to the Pacific Northwest.

"Bruce Irvin, who played both defensive end and outside linebacker for the Seahawks from 2012 to 2015, is a free agent and is coming off a career year with the Carolina Panthers where he had 8.5 sacks."

Full article here: https://sports.mynorthwest.com/825316/s ... k-seattle/

I just think its funny that all these guys leave Seattle for big money and then realize later they want to play in Seattle...

Ok then...

LTH