Bruce Irvin suspended

vedthree

Reaction score
Marvin49":ajitwnzt said:
There is just too much BS there to even respond to. Its a pointless endeavor to even try. Your comments about DeBartolo and Policy in particular are laughable.

Whatever. You don't want to get into the debates, then stop trolling around our threads. IIRC, the 49ers had one of their guys popped for PED's last season too.

And if you think my characterization of DeBartelo, Policy & the 49ers front office of the 90's is "laughable" ... well, you have a lot of reading to catch up on.

NFL Probing 49ers for Salary Cap Violations
Cheaters Get of Cheaper in the NFL
The San Franciso Cheat

Charmed - The amazing transformation of Carmen Policy, defender of mobsters, babysitter to flashy kid moguls, and now savior of the Cleveland Browns
DeBartolo Guilty of Felony / $1 million fine, 2 years of probation
The DeBartolo Family and Organized Crime

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1c29egx9 said:
I'll wait until I hear more details before passing judgment.

Like what? That he took it but didnt like it. Do not see how anything changes regardless of the details

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
JSeahawks":12rcwynp said:
What if Russell Wilson while visiting a Children's Hospital accidently drinks from a kids water who can't swallow pills so his mom crushes his adderall into his water, then gets tested the next day?

Russell Wilson gets a free pass. Nobody else. Well, Sherman, Thomas...DAMMIT! Never mind.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1waimhfr said:
RolandDeschain":1waimhfr said:
kidhawk":1waimhfr said:
This is great in theory, but it's not plausible in reality. Suspensions are covered by the CBA and the team cannot add suspensions in these types of cases.

...And people wonder why I hate unions.

Because they prevent ridiculous overreactions?
Not to mention age discrimination, unwarrented terminations and so forth?
Oh and Bruce, you sir are a dumbass.

vedthree

Reaction score
Can everybody in here stop using the word illegal? Regardless of how pissed off you are about what's happened with Irvin, the guy hasn't broken the law.

Say you work at a job with a no-tolerance alcohol policy, you have a few beers one night, get popped at a random test the next day and are suspended/fired. Now, what you did was irresponsible and you deserve the consequences from your employer - but you didn't break the damn law.

Look, I'm disappointed about Irvin too, but without knowing the details of when he tested positive and what exactly he tested positve for, I'm going to lay off the character assassination.

About a year ago, one of the 'Hawk players (some ST/Bench guy, I want to say David Voorba?) got busted for a PED, took his suspension, and then later did an interview on either KJR or 710am where he was very honest anfd forthright about the whole thing - including what mistakes he made and how the process works. I recommend everyone looks it up and gives a listen, because it sheds light on how complicated & confusing some of the rules are and the bureaucratic red tape involved. Ultimate responsibility for certainly falls on the players for what they are putting in their bodies - but there are many documented cases where guys are taking supplements that are approved by the League one year, then added to the banned list without players realizing it. There are documented cases of players taking approved supplements that wind up being contaminated and/or mislabeled. There are documented cases of players who have valid prescriptions but the paperwork for the exemption has been mishandled by their own Doctors or the League and they still have to take the fall for the test. And of course there are flaws in the testing process itself.

The funny thing is, the majority of guys we hear getting busted for PED's are the ones taking substances that most of us wouldn't have a problem with - GNC supplements, over-the-counter & prescription meds.

The guys doing the real cheating - the serious 'roids & HGH - are still flying under the radar, because that's the stuff that the tests have problems identifying.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
vedthree":2el5rqn9 said:
Can everybody in here stop using the word illegal? Regardless of how pissed off you are about what's happened with Irvin, the guy hasn't broken the law.

Say you work at a job with a no-tolerance alcohol policy, you have a few beers one night, get popped at a random test the next day and are suspended/fired. Now, what you did was irresponsible and you deserve the consequences from your employer - but you didn't break the damn law.

Look, I'm disappointed about Irvin too, but without knowing the details of when he tested positive and what exactly he tested positve for, I'm going to lay off the character assassination.

About a year ago, one of the 'Hawk players (some ST/Bench guy, I want to say David Voorba?) got busted for a PED, took his suspension, and then later did an interview on either KJR or 710am where he was very honest anfd forthright about the whole thing - including what mistakes he made and how the process works. I recommend everyone looks it up and gives a listen, because it sheds light on how complicated & confusing some of the rules are and the bureaucratic red tape involved. Ultimate responsibility for certainly falls on the players for what they are putting in their bodies - but there are many documented cases where guys are taking supplements that are approved by the League one year, then added to the banned list without players realizing it. There are documented cases of players taking approved supplements that wind up being contaminated and/or mislabeled. There are documented cases of players who have valid prescriptions but the paperwork for the exemption has been mishandled by their own Doctors or the League and they still have to take the fall for the test. And of course there are flaws in the testing process itself.

The funny thing is, the majority of guys we hear getting busted for PED's are the ones taking substances that most of us wouldn't have a problem with - GNC supplements, over-the-counter & prescription meds.

The guys doing the real cheating - the serious 'roids & HGH - are still flying under the radar, because that's the stuff that the tests have problems identifying.

But, but... BUST!

And THUG!

And mean ol' cheating bad person!

How dare you, ved. How dare you.

SE174

Reaction score
SweTard":gvbtm1cd said:
Bruce posted this statement to his twitter:

BKgMRckCYAIQlHq zps424fb60f
Good enough for me. He made a mistake. It sucks for everyone associated with the Seahawks. We'll live.

razgriz737

Reaction score
SE174":1ryzqtp0 said:
SweTard":1ryzqtp0 said:
Bruce posted this statement to his twitter:

BKgMRckCYAIQlHq zps424fb60f
Good enough for me. He made a mistake. It sucks for everyone associated with the Seahawks. We'll live.
Agreed. I might've already said this, but I'm not even mad at Bruce, per se. I'm more annoyed at the fact that we've had what, 6 players suspended for crap like this in 2 years? It gets old fast.

Seafan

Reaction score
The team obviously knew this a while back. Their actions make more sense now. The team NEEDED to get Avril, Bennett, etc.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I hate how ppl say "he made a mistake"... "no big deal"

What he did was flat out retarded.

It's like watching 4 cars ahead of you get pulled over for not minding the big red STOP sign and choosing to ignore it yourself. The first guy gets a pass, maybe he didn't know better and didn't see the sign. But after watching 4 people ahead of you get busted and pulled over, you must be absolutely brain dead to try and pull the same crap.

No Bruce, you have it wrong. You think you can get away with anything when you're on top... when adversity hits its not us showing true colors... its when you reveal YOUR true colors. Right now you've painted yourself the village idiot.

Thanks

SDHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3p8b441x said:
Athlete apologies are always such a pile of steaming crap.

:13:

Talk is cheap

You're really sorry? How about you give back your paycheck. Then maybe I'll buy it.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":5sfpj0x7 said:
SDHawk":5sfpj0x7 said:
You're really sorry? How about you give back your paycheck. Then maybe I'll buy it.

C'mon.

What?

So were supposed to forgive and forget, despite this being the 5th or 6th such infraction on just this team in the last 2 years, because he took 5 minutes to type up an apology on google notes and posted a screenshot on twitter?

Why don't we just have a parade every time a player pisses clean.

Stop coddling the players, they're grown men and make multiples of your salary. They are role models in a very visible occupation. They SHOULD be held to HIGHER standards. Not given a pass for everything.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SDHawk":2jqbu5du said:
Zebulon Dak":2jqbu5du said:
SDHawk":2jqbu5du said:

They are role models in a very visible occupation. They SHOULD be held to HIGHER standards. Not given a pass for everything.

They're only role models if you set them up as your role models. Personally my role models are my parents, my friends and people that I know, and Pehawk. Professional athletes are entertainers.

Young2Rice

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2tck29bl said:
But what if he really needs the Aderall?

If he has a legit prescription, NFL requires that he must report it to the league. There is strict liability here. Where he knew about it or not doesn't matter.

There are others around the league who didn't realize that. I think Joe Haden is one of the more notable ones.

Latest posts