Bruce Irvin suspended

bestfightstory

Reaction score
nbk35zw":16chvs0u said:
This will not be popular, but I feel a symbolic move is necessary here.

Cut Irvin like we did Barbre.

Fascinating. Say more...

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Perhaps Browner goes too. He can be replaced by Lane and Simon. Why not set a precedent.

Most people here want to let Browner and Mike Rob go. I' would think the roster-bating crowd would be quite pleased.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
This community seems unimpressed with Browner. And very few have bought into Irvin as a first round pick. so let them go.

So, let's go all in on the diamonds in the rough. Ty Powell, here we come.

Cut Browner, Sherman, and Irvin. show some balls.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
nbk35zw":3bf572ec said:
This community seems unimpressed with Browner. And very few have bought into Irvin as a first round pick. so let them go.

Would bringing back Kelly Jennings as DBack coach oil your pigskin?

jdblack

Reaction score
Am I missing something, or was Irvin taking Adderall simply to party? There isn't any long-term benefit. I'd almost feel better about this if he was taking steroids.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Letting Simon and Lane play with the injury pron dude the III playing slot behind Antione Winfield.

Sherman will not play in Seattle in 2014, might as well get use to it now. Lane and Simon and the III need reps.

Get Ty Powell up to speed, and hope for a wildcard.

Maybe all we get full strength anyway

JSeahawks

Reaction score
nbk35zw":3ce5mol4 said:
Irvin should be cut... Set an example now. Buy back your integrity. The alternative is to have all success questioned. Asterisks will follow this team endlessly. Another high profile bust may men Carroll's job. Maybe Schneider should be fired..

Something has to stop this train of wreckage.

Finally, somebody said it. Fire Schneider. Make him the scape goat! I can't take anymore of the wreckage that the Seahawks have become!!

:sarcasm_off:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
nbk35zw":2aq15wtn said:

Can't tell if serious or Tim Ruskell.

SE174

Reaction score
nbk35zw":3jzd4au4 said:
Letting Simon and Lane play with the injury pron dude the III playing slot behind Antione Winfield.

Sherman will not play in Seattle in 2014, might as well get use to it now. Lane and Simon and the III need reps.

Get Ty Powell up to speed, and hope for a wildcard.

Maybe all we get full strength anyway
Sherman's rookie contract goes through the 2014 season. Go away troll.

sc85sis

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2x2ybnx4 said:
I want to believe that Pete has had nothing to do with any of this, but obviously he didn't run an honest shop at SC...so why would or should I give him the benefit of the doubt here? If RW hadn't made him look like a genius last year and we finish 8-8 in that campaign, I'm thinking more folks would be questioning him right now.

Damn. Just...damn.

(sigh) I keep hoping that one of these days people will get the facts straight about what happened with Reggie Bush and people keep dashing those hopes into dust.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
kearly":33xw4m05 said:
JSeahawks":33xw4m05 said:
Personally i'm not going to kill him for it. in fact, I really couldn't care less. Just hope he's ready to kick ass when he comes back.

I'm with you and I wish more fans would just relax. This isn't a big deal for the team or for Irvin. Now, if he gets suspended again in the future and sees a much bigger suspension, then I start to worry. But that seems unlikely. Everything's going to be alright, folks.

Losing your best pass rusher for a 1/4 of the season is not a big deal? After all Irvin has seen from this type of thing last year and he still took the stuff proves the man is incredibly stupid. Which indicates he does not learn from his mistakes. You have to be worried that he'll do it again if he still thought he could get away with it this time. I'm a fan of his but damn it I hate selfish dumbass players.

And no it was not a mistake he knew what he was doing. I do care what players do off the field if it jeopardizes them being on the field.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
v1rotv2":1wxcv94r said:
Losing your best pass rusher for a 1/4 of the season is not a big deal?

I believe Bruce has a ton of upside, but he's our fourth best pass rusher right now. He's behind Clemons, Avril and Bennett. All three had more sacks than him last year, and I would wager that all three are ahead of him in pure rushing technique.

Sky is not falling.

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
My spin on the suspension: When Brandon Browner was suspended we loss "zero" games. Our backups filled the void admirably and I expect nothing less. The "chicken little" mentality doesn't jive with me as a TRUE fan. Just a "speed bump" like an injury etc..

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":16uzc931 said:
JSeahawks":16uzc931 said:
Personally i'm not going to kill him for it. in fact, I really couldn't care less. Just hope he's ready to kick ass when he comes back.

I'm with you and I wish more fans would just relax. This isn't a big deal for the team or for Irvin. Now, if he gets suspended again in the future and sees a much bigger suspension, then I start to worry. But that seems unlikely. Everything's going to be alright, folks.

Rarely does one incident like this really affect the team, agreed. I like Irvin- a lot- and still do. There isn't a Hawk on this team I have a specific problem with- I'm not tryin to kill anyone with words here.

I've got 3 kids I have to explain this stuff to- and that doesn't bother me either. I'll have to explain more about MY PAST than about everyone else combined...however Adderall leads a pretty twisted existence. It's prescription amphetamine...it isn't meth, but it can have similar effects, both long term and short term. I could give a rat's ass about guys smokin weed or even HGH...but Adderall is a bit different. It's a frickin amphetamine. Its one carbon and two hydrogens from being METH. We think it must not be too bad if they're prescribing it to 10-yr olds. Which they are. It really doesn't bother you that half our team (more?) might be on this crap and getting suspended for it?

What isn't a big deal Kearly? The fact that we've had several guys get caught using Adderall...that we've lost key players for key games due to suspensions...that this seems to be more systemic than isolated...that it is happening under Pete's watch...that it's a prescription drug...that its a first time offense...that it's the first 4 games...that its just Bruce Irvin...what? What isn't a big deal? We' be calling for heads right now if these guys were 8-8 last year again. But maybe we're Superbowl bound so "everything's going to he alright, folks."

Why does it seem unlikely that Bruce Irvin won't get caught again? Do you know him?

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
sc85sis":1st5yy4f said:
LoneHawkFan":1st5yy4f said:
I want to believe that Pete has had nothing to do with any of this, but obviously he didn't run an honest shop at SC...so why would or should I give him the benefit of the doubt here? If RW hadn't made him look like a genius last year and we finish 8-8 in that campaign, I'm thinking more folks would be questioning him right now.

Damn. Just...damn.

(sigh) I keep hoping that one of these days people will get the facts straight about what happened with Reggie Bush and people keep dashing those hopes into dust.

Yeah right, because you're omniscient. I don't know what happened at SC and neither does anyone on this board. Don't act like you do. The most likely scenario is that for every speeding ticket handed out, there's 1000 other guys speeding. Same with NCAA rules violations...and same for failed piss tests.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":1sh6ec8f said:
I could give a rat's ass about guys smokin weed or even HGH...but Adderall is a bit different. It's a frickin amphetamine. Its one carbon and two hydrogens from being METH. We think it must not be too bad if they're prescribing it to 10-yr olds. Which they are.
A cloud is 100% water. A watermelon is 99% water. But there's more than a 1% difference between a cloud and a watermelon.

I think that one carbon and two hydrogen atoms difference in the structure between meth and adderall (assuming that's accurate) is a lot more significant than you seem to think it is.

Atradees

Reaction score
If Irvin was our best pass rusher then it was time to rebuild. Yes his stats said leader of rookies with 8 sacks but a handful came in one game and a decimated Green Bay line.

These guys all getting caught with Adderall has to be some sorth collusion going on team wide to score it. That is a bigger worry
to me than one guy with a history of poor choices.