Bruce Irvin

652cHAWK

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2ni6yk5o said:
Let me start by saying I haven't criticized him all year.

They actually ran at him the first few plays when Clemons was out with a lot of success, he's still not very strong at the POA.

He was awesome today though I don't think it proves he's ready for the LEO though. I just think it proves that he can rush on 1st and 2nd down too, usually he comes in for one play and then he's out. He got to play 3-4 plays in a row and was effective.

.......I just think it proves that he can rush on 1st and 2nd down too, usually he comes in for one play and then he's out. He got to play 3-4 plays in a row and was effective.

True, true.

HawksFan83

Reaction score
Bruce is going to be well rested, and should get a good amount of snaps in practice this week. It will be good to see how he handles advercity. I dont think he can tackle as well as clem, but he sure does get after the QB pretty well, seems like he was always an arms length away from getting him.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
HawksFan83":4vswwgo9 said:
Bruce is going to be well rested, and should get a good amount of snaps in practice this week. It will be good to see how he handles advercity. I dont think he can tackle as well as clem, but he sure does get after the QB pretty well, seems like he was always an arms length away from getting him.
Totally infact on the play he got the sack, he got cut on the play by the tackle, got around the running back and then broke the QB down (albeit a hobbled one) in the open field.

I think Irvin will have an even better year next year if we can get a tackle to collapse the pocket.

bellingerga

Reaction score
pehawk":36anisgz said:
Is it just me or did he flat DOMINATE in the full-time Leo role?

I thought he looked like a totally different player when he stepped into clems role. Just seemed natural. Much more fierce.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
bellingerga":17azpafj said:
pehawk":17azpafj said:

I thought he looked like a totally different player when he stepped into clems role. Just seemed natural. Much more fierce.

Yeah, that's what I saw too. Although WCS made a great point that they ran right at him.

But, if that last quarter was any sign, Irvin may not let that role go next year (assuming Clem's hurt). Scruggs may do VERY well in Irvin's slot.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1qwclfb6 said:
Dude, for real, did I misspell?

It appears to me, with Clemons healthy, Irvin isn't strictly rushing the passer. Because, once he became the full-time pass-rusher, he killed it.

That's the point, you bunch of too pumped to read fools.
No misunderstanding here Pe, I got IT with your first post, and with him HAVING to pony up, that's exactly what he did.
The call for his limited play this Season was designed around his Rookie skillset, but when he was asked to get up on it, he made his plays count....outstanding effort, fantastic results.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3a56pg64 said:
pehawk":3a56pg64 said:
Dude, for real, did I misspell?

It appears to me, with Clemons healthy, Irvin isn't strictly rushing the passer. Because, once he became the full-time pass-rusher, he killed it.

That's the point, you bunch of too pumped to read fools.
No misunderstanding here Pe, I got IT with your first post, and with him HAVING to pony up, that's exactly what he did.
The call for his limited play this Season was designed around his Rookie skillset, but when he was asked to get up on it, he made his plays count....outstanding effort, fantastic results.

Thank you my brotha.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
Brucie played like beast out there. Everytime I looked up 51 was making a play or getting pressure.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
He was going against Polumbus.

Does that matter?

Im not trying to down anything. Just wanted to add that. But indeed, he looked dominant today.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2rgzgzmf said:
He had a couple of plays where he looked like a rookie, and then flat out dominated. That -153-yard sack was amazingly awesome. And came at exactly the right time.

I knew him vs Polumbus would be a mismatch.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
He's a keeper.

My irrational exuberance wants/expects to see him have a breakout game of 3+ sacks. Hopefully it happens this season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
When Clemons got hurt, my first thought was that Scruggs was going to kill it. I love that guy matched up on right tackles.

twelfman

Reaction score
For as few snaps as he has gotten and the number of sacks he has h I not be excited to see him get more time, didn't want to see it come by injury though of course

scipiobronze

Reaction score
I actually think it is better to have Bruce playing every down. Using him only on passing downs probably allowed the OL to get a breather and brace themselves for him. Now Bruce will be a constant force that must be accounted for every down. I can see the OL breaking down from pure fatigue, provided Bruce does not tire out first.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
scipiobronze":rcxia0lg said:
I actually think it is better to have Bruce playing every down. Using him only on passing downs probably allowed the OL to get a breather and brace themselves for him. Now Bruce will be a constant force that must be accounted for every down. I can see the OL breaking down from pure fatigue, provided Bruce does not tire out first.

No worries there. He's a got an all-day motor. Seeing how he handles teams running in his direction will telling though.

amill87

Reaction score
pehawk":38zda8h5 said:
bellingerga":38zda8h5 said:
pehawk":38zda8h5 said:

Yeah, that's what I saw too. Although WCS made a great point that they ran right at him.

But, if that last quarter was any sign, Irvin may not let that role go next year (assuming Clem's hurt). Scruggs may do VERY well in Irvin's slot.

It's getting kind of creepy how much alike you and I think.

I will take this a step further and say Irvin will take the Leo for good from now, even after Clem comes back.

Book it, Ladies and Gents.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Irvin IMO has already shown enough promise to validate his pick; obviously he'll have to do more in the future to completely justify it but that's a given.

If he can step up and have a big game here, the doubters/draft trash-talkers who said it was a reach can go hang out with all the people who said wilson was too short and wouldn't be any good, if they aren't the same already.