Offensive Observations.

LTH

Reaction score
The biggest thing I saw out of this game was Geno. All week he has been taking crap from the fans and media, like the loss to the Ravens was all his fault. The storm, It did not affect him at all. This is huge! He rebounded from the loss and threw for almost 400 yards passing, 103 passer rating, no turn overs... spread the ball all around the fiels , hit 9 different receivers. He is mentally tough and has NOT lost confidence.

Geno is the definition of a rhythm passer and this is evident when the Hawks run up tempo. It reminds me of my 74 Olds when the back barrels of the carb open up it smooths out and takes off! I Love ❤️ it!! This is the Key to Geno, GET him into rhythm and let him go... or buy him a "74" Olds... LMAO!!!

The O line played better IMO still Geno played under pressure, but it was better. When Lucas comes back it's going to really bring Geno into rhythm, and when that happens his accuracy is going to be better it's going to open things up.

The Hawks ran the ball better. Yes it was against the Commanders, but it's just an example of how making the D respect the run game opens up the passing game and lessens the pressure. Nice to see Zack Charbonnet get some carries. More Charbonnet .... He is so dynamic between the tackles.

Waldron used his backs in the passing game for some nice gains... and Geno hit Walker on that shallow crossing route for a TD. Charbonnet had 4 or 5 receptions for nice gains. Waldron did A really NICE job of mixing the run and pass. Still seeing lots of 11 personal they are really wanting to define JSN's role he had good numbers.

Seemed like Geno got pressured pretty good on 3rd down, and the 3rd down conversion rate suffered again. Part of that was Geno missed some open receiver's.... Charbonnet in the seam. He missed Bobo once, Walker in the Flat. It's like the pressure on 3rd down gets there too fast and he can't get through his progressions.

First game in a while with no turn overs.

The other thing is mis timed penalties they just kill drives and take the Hawks off schedule. Missed 2-4th down conversions because of penalties had a couple of holding calls that killed drives.

2-killer 4th down drives to win the game. Again tempo change gets Geno into rhythm and Geno's accuracy drastically improves.

METCALF IS JUST A BEAST... Lockett is so clutch! Big games from these guys!

Good week of improvement and getting back on track. Now they need to build off of this game! We need to start seeing some more consistency and clean play accross the board.

Cant wait for the Rams and some payback!

What do you guys have to add or dispute?

LTH

Last edited:

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
" METCALF IS JUST A BEAST... "
He did make a few nice catches but A BEAST?...There were two contested catches I thought he should have made..one bounced off his chest and the other he got beat out but two catches a BEAST should have made. He finished the game off rather lovely though, I'll give him that.

WarHawks

Reaction score
The first half was barely watchable due to Geno. He did better in the 2nd half. That is not going to get it done against good teams. It was his first passable half of football in I can't remember how long. I hope they exercise their out clause on him after this year.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I blame coaching at this point for the offensive struggles. Last year we weren’t focusing on the long balls and played to genos strengths same with the games before our bye week this year. Since the bye he’s repeatedly kept looking downfield trying to find that long ball/deep ball that Pete so loves.

And yesterday’s game, was a display of everything that’s a staple in PC that shouldn’t be done on offense until the last? 4-5mins when the short to intermediate game was brought back out with and utilizing the RBs. Same on defense, get a lead then go really soft zone and give up and tie it. Coaching coaching coaching, same shit different coordinators.. now same shit different QBs the difference is Russ partially masked PCs meddling, Geno, falls completely apart and exposes it more.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Another game I didnt get to watch so I cant weigh in. I was following the score though and it was close throughout and it was the Commanders for cripes sake. So in part, can somebody break down what happened? Was the offense stagnant for a lot of the game? Was the defense alright? I'm getting mixed reviews on Geno, but he threw for a lot of yards. Running game look better? Thanks.

I'll try to watch the game at some point if they replay it.

knownone

Reaction score
The offense was pretty good in the first half: 210 yards, 3/5 field-flipping scoring drives (almost four). They need to convert one of those opportunities into a TD. But overall, that was a decent half of football.

This is who the Seahawk's offense has been against everyone besides the Ravens. They move the ball up and down the field while simultaneously struggling to convert those long drives into TDs.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Another game I didnt get to watch so I cant weigh in. I was following the score though and it was close throughout and it was the Commanders for cripes sake. So in part, can somebody break down what happened? Was the offense stagnant for a lot of the game? Was the defense alright? I'm getting mixed reviews on Geno, but he threw for a lot of yards. Running game look better? Thanks.

I'll try to watch the game at some point if they replay it.
could just catch the highlights;

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
The first half was barely watchable due to Geno. He did better in the 2nd half. That is not going to get it done against good teams. It was his first passable half of football in I can't remember how long. I hope they exercise their out clause on him after this year.
Ironically, he had more time to throw in the first half than the 2nd half. He is what he is at this point. He'll never pass for 400+yds and 3 or more TD's. He averages 1.3Td's a game and about 225 yds. He finished strong and didn't turn the ball over. Interesting the announcers even called him out on the broadcast for not going through his progressions, "one and done" was the phrase used. He flashes his talent with beautiful tight spirals and then he'll remind you why he's a reclamation project in the same drive.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I blame coaching at this point for the offensive struggles. Last year we weren’t focusing on the long balls and played to genos strengths same with the games before our bye week this year. Since the bye he’s repeatedly kept looking downfield trying to find that long ball/deep ball that Pete so loves.

And yesterday’s game, was a display of everything that’s a staple in PC that shouldn’t be done on offense until the last? 4-5mins when the short to intermediate game was brought back out with and utilizing the RBs. Same on defense, get a lead then go really soft zone and give up and tie it. Coaching coaching coaching, same shit different coordinators.. now same shit different QBs the difference is Russ partially masked PCs meddling, Geno, falls completely apart and exposes it more.
I do not understand your point. Geno is a rhythm QB and there are a lot of things that happen that knock him out of Rhythm. The NFL has had a full year of tape on Geno to study and adjust to Geno,s tendencies and over all game. So the comparisons to last year are not really fair IMO.

I see it the EXACT opposite of your point. I think coaching is the reason why this team is 6-3 rather than say 3-6.

Andy Dickerson has done a fantastic job of coaching that O line. My goodness the Niners lose Trent Williams, and Purdy's game falls apart... the niners go on a 3 game skid. The Hawks lose both starting tackles, and every starting O lineman on and off for a 9 game stretch and are 6-3. That's FANTASTIC coaching!

It's Pete Carroll's ability to keep the team focused in a positive way that allows for them to work through all the adversity this season is bringing.

Geno is a PERFECT example of that. The loss against the Rams, Geno comes back and has pro bowl game against Detroit in Detroit. Loss against the Ravens Geno comes back and put together 2 awesome drives to win the game. I mean you don't think great coaching has anything to do with making sure Geno's mind set is in the right place to be able to have the confidence to make that happen? It has everything to do with it. I mean, thats what Pete does! that's probably 80% of his job is keeping the team focused with the right mentality.

Yes, they have some inconsistencies on Offense... untimely penalties, ungodly pressure on 3rd down, miscommunication between the QB and receiver's but you can see that it's slowly getting better and at some point the Hawks are just going to put it all together and launch.

So no I don't see your point. Just sayin...

LTH

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score
Ironically, he had more time to throw in the first half than the 2nd half. He is what he is at this point. He'll never pass for 400+yds and 3 or more TD's. He averages 1.3Td's a game and about 225 yds.He finished strong and didn't turn the ball over. Interesting the announcers even called him out on the broadcast for not going through his progressions, "one and done" was the phrase used. He flashes his talent with beautiful tight spirals and then he'll remind you why he's a reclamation project in the same drive.
OK, I am not going to make this about Me3. I don't want to do this, but if you are going to be throwing out numbers like this to take shots, I will point out that Wilson averaged 235 yards and 1.8 TD's while with the Seahawks and the marks here believe he belongs in the hall of fame. As far as the 400+ yards and 3 or more touchdowns, the Seahawks philosophy and scheme doesn't ask him to be that kind of QB. I personally do not want my QB throwing like that. I am not a three yards and a cloud of dust guy, but I want my team to control the line of scrimmage and the clock by running the ball.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Thread title should read “Geno Observations” 🤣🤣🤣

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
OK, I am not going to make this about Me3. I don't want to do this, but if you are going to be throwing out numbers like this to take shots, I will point out that Wilson averaged 235 yards and 1.8 TD's while with the Seahawks and the marks here believe he belongs in the hall of fame. As far as the 400+ yards and 3 or more touchdowns, the Seahawks philosophy and scheme doesn't ask him to be that kind of QB. I personally do not want my QB throwing like that. I am not a three yards and a cloud of dust guy, but I want my team to control the line of scrimmage and the clock by running the ball.
the difference being that Wilson didn't turn the ball over.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Thinking about how the Eagle O is night and day when Lane Johnson is in or out. I wonder if Abe Lucas coming back will make a big impact. I'm not saying that Lucas is as good as Johnson as a player, but maybe his impact to the Hawks is as significant

Jville

Reaction score
Thinking about how the Eagle O is night and day when Lane Johnson is in or out. I wonder if Abe Lucas coming back will make a big impact. I'm not saying that Lucas is as good as Johnson as a player, but maybe his impact to the Hawks is as significant

Prior to his knee injury, I really enjoyed the hand fighting of Abe Lucas. I thought he was the best all round offensive tackle on the roster.

Jason Peters has been a timely addition. I thought his chemistry with the right guard was excellent verses Washington. I liked his run blocking with him in the lineup. I'm still positive about Stone Foresythe. But, Foresythe will need to continue working on good pad level while accumulating game snaps.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a rotation at both right tackle and right guard the rest of the way.