Bruce Irvin

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
So we still need a wil linebacker to replace hill I was thinking with the addition of Avril maybe we try Irvin in the Wil spot. I think he could do really good there.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Based on what? You want a guy who only knows how to run at the QB, who is still learning actual pass rushing techniques, who is a huge liability in run defense....to mainly work in run and pass coverage?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Why is everyone so dead set that Hill is going to leave? Sadly a DUI in the NFL is not a deal breaker on a player, although it does mean that they could probably get him back for fairly cheap. And as much as a crappy person he is, he seems to be a pretty good player, even simply to have for depth.

kearly

Reaction score
Hill was average at best last season and will probably be below average next season given his age and trajectory. Seattle wants speed at linebacker, and Hill never was a speed demon, especially at his current age and wear. They almost didn't bring him back last year, even though he was pretty good in 2011. He'd also cost at least twice what a draft pick would, even if signed to the minimum.

legend38

Reaction score
OP-I have been thinking about this all offseason.Irvin has the size and speed to be a great linebacker IMO.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
legend38":7x0wirna said:
OP-I have been thinking about this all offseason.Irvin has the size and speed to be a great linebacker IMO.

He has played LB in his college days. Some had him projected as a great player for the 3-4 for that reason. One option I have heard bantered about in passing downs is using Irvin as a standup rusher from the WIL position , Clem and our new DE on the edges.

Personally, I still can't help thinking Kam would be fantastic as a WIL , and we use Guy, Johnson or a draft pick on the SS spot. I realize he was an all pro in '11 but he has the size and speed to be as good or better at that spot

Scottemojo

Reaction score
IMO, Irvin would be as good a linebacker as Curry. He was pretty big and fast, right? How did that work out?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Irvin would be a good Will thd same way Freeny and demarcus ware are.good wills; as blitzing olbs in a 3-4. Will needs to do too much reading a nd reacting in our system, two things bruce does not excel at...

Schadie001

Reaction score
bbsplitter":3livar6a said:
Why is everyone so dead set that Hill is going to leave? Sadly a DUI in the NFL is not a deal breaker on a player, although it does mean that they could probably get him back for fairly cheap. And as much as a crappy person he is, he seems to be a pretty good player, even simply to have for depth.

I don't think it was a DUI this time, I believe he got nabbed for another round of domestic violence. He could be looking at missing some games if he gets picked up. We can find his replacement I'm sure.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Blazenhawks":2gv1b4m9 said:
So we still need a wil linebacker to replace hill I was thinking with the addition of Avril maybe we try Irvin in the Wil spot. I think he could do really good there.

Why does everyone think they are playing madden?

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Scottemojo":104bmmc9 said:
IMO, Irvin would be as good a linebacker as Curry. He was pretty big and fast, right? How did that work out?

Dude it worked out so freaking well I made myself a sig to celebrate it. I'll make an avatar of Bruce if we can move him to WIL and delay his career.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He barely knows any pass rush moves at age 26 and now you want him to learn an entirely new position?

uncle fester

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":i8xc6vxp said:
He barely knows any pass rush moves at age 26 and now you want him to learn an entirely new position?

Dammit, you got there before me.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1vsgrxwb said:

Because he's NOT a good football player. He's the weakness in the Lbing corps. Malcolm Smith played just as well and is only in year 2. Under NO circumstances do I want to see Hill or Trufaunt back on the team. Their good years are past and are no longer valuable assets.

Latest posts