Bruce Irvin

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It was nice to see Bruce back on the field. He started out really well. Getting an early run stop and a sack. I don't know if the game planned changed after halftime, or if he was playing on an early burst of adrenalin, but I didn't even notice him the rest of the way. How much playing time did he get?

Abach

Reaction score
It looked like he was in and out during the 2nd half on 1st and 2nd downs. I really liked seeing him on the opposite side of Red Bryant on those running downs.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Played a good overall game. Definitely wasn't the problem.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Seaswab":2wlqq3yj said:
Disappeared
they ran away from him and they switched in malcolm Smith which was stupid in my opinion Bruce needs to be at the SAM unless he's hurt or tired. he's got to much up side to be on the sidelines.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think they had him on a play count, just seems to be the way Pete does things. They don't want guys getting injured by having them try to go full bore after coming back from injuries. Like Clemons. I suspect Harvin would get the same type of treatment. Hill got in the game too but I don't know if he got a lot of plays either.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Seems stronger to me. Physically stronger.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Run Defense is so much better when he's in their and its not like he's a liability in coverage either he dropped into it smooth and got his hands in passing lanes so i think they should leave him in on early downs at SAM. Let Avril and Clemons handle the 3rd down four man front.

toadie_uk

Reaction score
I'd have been happy to give him a pass on whatever he did first game back, must be tough to hit the ground running when everyone else has had 4 weeks of live action. He looked okay to me, I'm not an X's and O's guy really, but when I saw him it was for good reasons.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He should stay SAM or rotate KJ. I disagreed with Kearly's initial reservations about putting KJ on the weak side, but surprise, surprise he was right again.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He did not play much that I saw, but when he did he looked pretty good. I agree he seems more stout even in his run D

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":1s2ptglv said:
Seems stronger to me. Physically stronger.

Looks like the *Adderall* was working as intended.

Seriously though, I thought he looked explosive. I expected/hoped he would thrive in space and early indications are definitely encouraging.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2t1jtk88 said:
He should stay SAM or rotate KJ. I disagreed with Kearly's initial reservations about putting KJ on the weak side, but surprise, surprise he was right again.

Really? Lol.... :34853_doh:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It was a great start for him, especially playing snaps at a new position.

I was encouraged by what I saw. He's still got his speed, yet he looks stronger.

Get a few weeks under his belt and he could be a monster.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seaswab":2xobpfzv said:
Disappeared

I wouldn't call 4 tackles, 1 assist and 1 sack "disappeared."

It was a good first game back for Bruce to build on, and he most definitely wasn't one of the major contributing factors in yesterday's loss. Poor DB play, stupid penalties, offense settling for FG's and the inability to stop Indy on 3rd down in the 2nd half.............let's complain about those things. Not Irvin.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":3ad1anwj said:
Seaswab":3ad1anwj said:
Disappeared
they ran away from him and they switched in malcolm Smith which was stupid in my opinion Bruce needs to be at the SAM unless he's hurt or tired. he's got to much up side to be on the sidelines.

Never should Malcolm Smith play over Irvin. Never.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It was great to see him back, and gave me high hopes for him once he has a true understanding of his new position. I think he will do very well, and I was really down on him as a LEO.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I like what I see. He looks bigger, but still very fast.

He was brilliantly quick on that sack off the edge. I remember him getting a couple good run tackles near the LOS.

He also did better than I expected in zone coverage; I think he even (almost) tipped a pass on an out-route that ended up being incomplete.

Latest posts