Bruce Irvin

ErikG803

Reaction score
I know there's a lot of praise being thrown around tonight but I didn't notice a topic for this guy. I unfortunately had to miss half the game so I'm watching through it now, and on a night of a lot of standouts defensively I thought Irvin looked great. Our DL got great pressure and our LBs played a great game (big kudos to Malcolm Smith), but it seems like 75% of the time I'm noticing a guy and making sure to see who it was it ends up being Bruce. I was skeptical of his transition to LB but he looks like he's still able to use the tools that could make him special effectively at his new position. His closing speed is incredible and he does get a nice push when they rush him

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
He looked the part tonight, in my opinion. Mighta been a barely noticed coming out party for a player going from one trick pony to all over the field playmaker.

OP
OP
ErikG803

ErikG803

Reaction score
And moments after posting this he makes another great play rushing up the middle. We all know he's about as quick as anybody but I love seeing him dominate some guys 1 on 1. He definitely showed why Pete and John loved him so much tonight

drdiags

Reaction score
I think once he gets some more games under his belt, things will be even better for him. He doesn't look bad in space, probably due to his experience as a safety. I am pulling for him to become a star in this league. Would love to have the last laugh with him at those who had doubts about him coming into the league. We will see how it goes.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bro, he was in their run game, just destroying the plays.

Dude was on it tonight.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
If you would have told me before the game we'd have eight guys in on sacks and that Bruce wasn't one of them, I'd have called you a liar. He was absolutely monumental on some of the biggest plays of the game though. Kids got an A from me.

Hawker

Reaction score
Noticed Bruce big time last night. Defending against the run he is a must-have.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I liked watching him cover up Receivers tight.... defiantly looking good he is.

JonRud

Reaction score
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...............

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
He was all over the field...way better showing than the Tennessee game...

legend38

Reaction score
Not seeing a lot of talk about but damn,what about Malcom Smith?Great game kid.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
His speed is definitely coming in handy at the LB spot. He is able to close in on RBs so fast when they run outside that it almost makes it pointless to try.

I think he's going to be very successful there long-term for us as long as he keeps his speed.

Hawks46

Reaction score
What impresses me is his instincts. He's always around the ball.

He's also shown a great ability to sift through the OL wash and fill gaps in the run game. That's a skill that some guys never really pick up well. Look at that play where Kam blows up the tackle. The other guy in on that tackle is Irvin.

I'm really excited to see his progression.

BamKam

Reaction score
As someone who has been critical of him he showed me last night that he can be a pivotal part of this defense besides just a sack here and there. He has a lot of room to grow to since he is at a new position. I am sure growing pains will come this year but I am excited to see what Bruce does in the future.

bluengreen

Reaction score
I was blown away by how quickly Irvin closed on Palmer when Palmer was rolling left and seemingly had some open space. I think I exclaimed out loud "Holy crap, who was THAT?". That play came to a swift end thanks to Irvin.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
It's fun that he was undersized last year at DE, but this year he's at LB and even bigger, making him another size/speed monster in Pete Carroll's defense. He's still so raw and it's going to take time, but you're starting to see his role and it'll be absolutely destructive once he puts it together.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wonder what position Rex Ryan had in mind for him when they supposedly were thinking of drafting him before the Seahawks took him? I know they took Coples and they don't run a 3-4 (from what I remember). Would Ryan also have made him an OLB or would he kept him as a DE?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
drdiags":2blcgsdx said:
I wonder what position Rex Ryan had in mind for him when they supposedly were thinking of drafting him before the Seahawks took him? I know they took Coples and they don't run a 3-4 (from what I remember). Would Ryan also have made him an OLB or would he kept him as a DE?

Ryan would have put him at QB.

Latest posts