Bucky Brooks thinks Wilson will get MVP

Steve2222

Reaction score
aawolf":1gx82ind said:
I've done a lot of thinking about this, and I'm drafting RW if he's still on the board in Round 2 of my fantasy draft this year. Seriously--I think he's the sleeper of the year in fantasy. I might wait till round 3, but I'm not as patient as Carrol waiting that long to see if he's still on the board.

You're doing yourself a disservice drafting Wilson in the second. Good fantasy QBs are a dime a dozen. Stick with only HBs/WRs early and often. They're the bread and butter. Assuming your draft isn't full of Seahawks fans, Wilson could be had in the later rounds guaranteed.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I think this is the year that Russell starts getting the national respect that he should have last year. I don't think he is going to gwt "slighted" by national pundits anymore.

If Wilson plays like an MVP and we look like we are going to repeat as champions then I think Wilson wins MVP

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, he's a Seahawk, he could win 5 more titles, and it won't be good enough for the people who make the choice. They care more about 5K plus yard guys. Because stats obviously equal titles :roll:

Steve2222

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":j5gqhhfr said:
Nope, he's a Seahawk, he could win 5 more titles, and it won't be good enough for the people who make the choice. They care more about 5K plus yard guys. Because stats obviously equal titles :roll:

Ugh that's simply false. The MVP is a regular season award. Clearly Peyton deserved it for the regular season. And if Wilson won 5 titles, he'd basically be considered the Michael Jordan of the NFL. He already gets a ton of respect.

Seattle fans need to stop having this inferiority complex. The Seahawks are a well respected and publicized team at the current moment. For Christ sakes their rationale for not giving us prime time games at CentLink is because they want competitive games and not blow outs. If that's not a sign of respect I don't know what is.

Anthony!

Reaction score
ZagHawk":11qqqtpo said:
Anthony!":11qqqtpo said:
ZagHawk":11qqqtpo said:
Marshawn Lynch and the Defense would both have to implode while the Hawks still manage to repeat strictly on the arms and legs of RW. In order for RW to get credit as MVP.

Totally disagree, Rw has been getting a lot of press, and experts have started looking a little more closely at things. On the paid part of ESPN they talked about Luck and how he has more around him then some think. For instance Rodgers is considered a Favorite for MVP and some on ESPN have already said he has as good a run game as there is in the NFL right now, which is true, and he has one of the best Wr corps as well. The same of Manning, how good his Wr Corp is and his defense now. People are starting to talk about how all the better QBs have a lot around them, its not just RW. If he puts up 3500+ yards, and 70+% complt, 25+ tds and single digit int and with a QB rating over 100 again and we are wining he has a good shot, 20-1 is not bad and shows people are starting to change their thinking. Not all but a lot are starting to change. All those numbers for Rw are well within reach for him, I think he will top 4k this year.

I just still feel like the critics will point fingers at Harvin, Lynch and the LOB as the reason for the Seahawks success. If RW plays all 2014 like he capped out 2012. Then it'd be a different story.

Lets look at it

Rw has Lynch, Harvin, Great D, 32nd ranked pass blocking o-line, Harder conference, hardest division,

Manning has Welker, what will be a great D, Thomas, #` ranked pass blocking o-line, plays in easy conference

Rodgers has, Lacy, one fo the best Wr corps in the NFL, his o-lien ranked 26in pas blocking, easier division

I can go one, as I said every QB who is a possibility for MVP has other great players around them, and media is starting to notice that.

If the offense we are seeing is what we see this season RW has a legit chance for MVP.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fxi4w6uv said:

You're half right. It's stats + winning.......and Russell has the winning part, but not the stats to compare with other QB's.

I know some of you Media Bias Chicken Little's like to make this stuff about "everyone hates us!", but It's hard to give a regular season MVP award to a guy with half the stats of his peers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Inferior complex? um, no. It's just obvious that #'s matter when they pick the MVP, and that's ok.
Title's over MVP any day. He's certainly capable of being the MVP of the league. It's just my own opinion that they look more at the guys a ton of yards and TD's. And, for the record, I WANT the media and everyone else to doubt the Hawks, I fricken love it. Don't give a rats butt about "respect." They are the champs, they have plenty of it, and all that matters is the W, nothing else matters. It's clear that RW is already one of the top 5-7 QB's in the league, no reason he shouldn't be considered for MVP. I guess they may look at it differently than some of the fans do.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33h7qyal said:
Inferior complext? um, no. It's just obvious that #'s matter when they pick the MVP, and that's ok.
Title's over MVP any day. He's certainly capable of being the MVP of the league. It's just my own opinion that they look more at the guys a ton of yards and TD's. And, for the record, I WANT the media and everyone else to doubt the Hawks, I fricken love it. Don't give a rats butt about "respect." They are the champs, they have plenty of it, and all that matters is the W, nothing else matters. It's clear that RW is already one of the top 5-7 QB's in the league, no reason he shouldn't be considered for MVP. I guess they may look at it differently than some of the fans do.

Of course they look at stats, it's a regular season MVP award. Why is it confusing?

Manning had almost TWICE the yards as Russell, and over double the TD's, that's not even close. Everyone understands different offenses, etc. But you can't give a guy with half the stats as a peer with the same amount of wins the MVP.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1xkf8zqr said:
Who said it was confusing? Manning deserved it, hands down.

idk, why do people on this thread keep arguing about it like Wilson was ripped off.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya. He's a hell of a player, glad he's likely here 10 more years +. But for MVP, nah, Peyton had one of the best seasons in the history of the NFL. It wasn't even close.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Steve2222":slpqnvzg said:
SoulfishHawk":slpqnvzg said:

Ugh that's simply false. The MVP is a regular season award. Clearly Peyton deserved it for the regular season. And if Wilson won 5 titles, he'd basically be considered the Michael Jordan of the NFL. He already gets a ton of respect.

Seattle fans need to stop having this inferiority complex. The Seahawks are a well respected and publicized team at the current moment. For Christ sakes their rationale for not giving us prime time games at CentLink is because they want competitive games and not blow outs. If that's not a sign of respect I don't know what is.

Its also Bull. You dont see the NFL doing that to any of the other superbowl winning teams do you? Seems like in the past the superbowl winning team would get a lot of primetime games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1gkhaf95 said:
Steve2222":1gkhaf95 said:
SoulfishHawk":1gkhaf95 said:

Its also Bull. You dont see the NFL doing that to any of the other superbowl winning teams do you? Seems like in the past the superbowl winning team would get a lot of primetime games.

The Ravens had 4 primetime games in 2013, and the Hawks have 4 primetime games this year.

4-5 Seems to be the max the league is willing to give any team, regardless of incorrectly perceived pure evil east coast media bias.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":tcqt4cb6 said:
Peyton had one of the best seasons in the history of the NFL. It wasn't even close.
Neither was the competition he faced. Close to being NFL caliber, that is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":y5hln6xw said:
SoulfishHawk":y5hln6xw said:
Peyton had one of the best seasons in the history of the NFL. It wasn't even close.
Neither was the competition he faced. Close to being NFL caliber, that is.

Yeah the voters definitely should have taken that into account to make up for the 2,000 yards and 29 TD's Russell was behind Peyton on.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":2p66skyt said:
ZagHawk":2p66skyt said:
Anthony!":2p66skyt said:
ZagHawk":2p66skyt said:
Marshawn Lynch and the Defense would both have to implode while the Hawks still manage to repeat strictly on the arms and legs of RW. In order for RW to get credit as MVP.

Totally disagree, Rw has been getting a lot of press, and experts have started looking a little more closely at things. On the paid part of ESPN they talked about Luck and how he has more around him then some think. For instance Rodgers is considered a Favorite for MVP and some on ESPN have already said he has as good a run game as there is in the NFL right now, which is true, and he has one of the best Wr corps as well. The same of Manning, how good his Wr Corp is and his defense now. People are starting to talk about how all the better QBs have a lot around them, its not just RW. If he puts up 3500+ yards, and 70+% complt, 25+ tds and single digit int and with a QB rating over 100 again and we are wining he has a good shot, 20-1 is not bad and shows people are starting to change their thinking. Not all but a lot are starting to change. All those numbers for Rw are well within reach for him, I think he will top 4k this year.

I just still feel like the critics will point fingers at Harvin, Lynch and the LOB as the reason for the Seahawks success. If RW plays all 2014 like he capped out 2012. Then it'd be a different story.

Lets look at it

Rw has Lynch, Harvin, Great D, 32nd ranked pass blocking o-line, Harder conference, hardest division,

Manning has Welker, what will be a great D, Thomas, #` ranked pass blocking o-line, plays in easy conference

Rodgers has, Lacy, one fo the best Wr corps in the NFL, his o-lien ranked 26in pas blocking, easier division

I can go one, as I said every QB who is a possibility for MVP has other great players around them, and media is starting to notice that.

If the offense we are seeing is what we see this season RW has a legit chance for MVP.

You don't have to convince me how good RW is. But there were more than a few experts/analysts (the same people who vote for the MVP) calling RW "game manager" despite winning a SB. I think it's them that need the convincing.