Bud Dupree hit

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wenhawk":i2l9pmmx said:
Brady would have yelled at the Refs. I do wish Russell would have gotten a little triggered by this.
Shady Brady cries for a flag on every sack and incompletion.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Russ got triggered with results and stealing the Steelers lunch money. Absolutely pathetic that they "missed" this blatant hit to the head.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wow, just watched it. That was insane. Considerably late. Ducks his head. I could maybe seen not calling helmet to helmet because he does hit him under the chin. But late and leading with the helmet should have been enough.

kidhawk

Reaction score
At the time I was livid that the call wasn't made, but in hindsight, maybe it was a blessing in disguise. if they'd called that head shot, they may have pulled Wilson out and put him in the concussion protocol. Anyone think we'd have still won that game had Wilson missed the rest of that drive and we don't score that final TD? It's possible, but I'm glad in hindsight that we don't have to find out.

Also, when you watch Wilson after the play, he walks by the official and definitely says something. He's just not as animated as a guy like Brady would be.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Didn’t Dupree do the same hit in Miami last year or so? Why isn’t he being looked at like burfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
LTH":9gki4lwz said:
Didn't phase Wilson at all...Man he is tough...

LTH
Don't kid yourself. Trust me he felt every bit of it. Ask Luck or any other player about hits and their lasting effects.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He does a great job of acting like it didn't hurt. Never let the opponent see it. Did the same thing when he got the cheap shot from Matthews in the NFC Title game. I'm sure yesterday's hurt a lot

Fade

Reaction score
I'm in the camp that everything needs to be reviewable, or get rid of replay entirely.
This half assed system does no one any favors.

Have fulltime young athletic men that didn't quite make it in the league become the officials.

With a paired down rulebook of course.

The NFL is about safety, but a play like that can't be reviewed? What a joke!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely, I mean all they do is talk about player safety. This one was blatant, Helmet to Helmet should flat out be reviewable.

James in PA

Reaction score
Fade":1594iahc said:
I'm in the camp that everything needs to be reviewable, or get rid of replay entirely.
This half assed system does no one any favors.

Have fulltime young athletic men that didn't quite make it in the league become the officials.

With a paired down rulebook of course.

The NFL is about safety, but a play like that can't be reviewed? What a joke!
I’m right there with you. For a team that traditionally gets SCREWED by poor officiating, the more that can be reviewed, the better! Hawks might lose that game yesterday under the “ old” rules. Was so happy that at least one aspect of that play was reviewable (and screw you Tony Dungy with your Stealer connections ... it was legit PI). All I ask for is fairness. Who cares how long the game takes. Just get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk