C Mike traded to Dallas for Conditional 7th rounder

Exittium

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":16toklyb said:
DavidSeven":16toklyb said:
I don't usually buy into the "don't help contenders" logic, but this is one situation where you're feeding them exactly what they need to beat you for negligible return. Dallas is just a talented runner away from having a juggernaut on offense, which also helps their defense. The fact that they slapped a "conditional" on it is an insult.

I would've thrown him on the wire or sat his butt on the bench and dropped an FB. He may flame out in Dallas but he has far more upside than the likes of Montee Ball, who has already proven his relative mediocrity. There's a reason why this transaction is getting hyped up in Dallas's favor and no one cares about Ball.

Yup, I understand the Hawks wanting to get rid of Michael because he hasn't applied himself, but to trading him to Dallas could very well backfire. He never fully understood/learned our ZBS, but perhaps Dallas' power-running scheme and all-universe OL will suit him better. The better blocking alone should help.

When our pathetic oline makes opening for ihm in preseason enough so he could run through them, and all he does was dance around the backfield, how does dallas's oline help him? If he's going to suck at reading holes or run opposite of them it makes dallas's Oline pointless. It then comes down to the player. I'm sure someone esle here stated similar and once he said that I have no issues with the trade.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Hopefully, a late game fumble that helps us beat them will definitely upgrade that the 7th we might get especially if it helps with playoff seeding...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":nld243qv said:
Sports Hernia":nld243qv said:
EastCoastHawksFan":nld243qv said:
This is all part of the master plan .

If we see the Cowboys in the playoffs , we can chalk up atleast 1 fumble by C Mike
Cowboys are not making the playoffs. They had a pattycake schedule last year and had some tremendous breaks along the way. Great offense, crap defense and crap special teams.

I hate the CowPies as much as the next guy, but there's a heap of wishful thinking backed up by rationalization in this post. They were good enough to beat us at home last season. They win their division easily. Who challenges them? Oh yeah, Philly with Bradford and Tebow?
I respectfully disagree, re-read my post for the reasons why. Trust me, I am not a Chip Kelly fan going back to when he was with Oregon, but I think with Bradford (tebow was cut BTW) and with his players and more importantly his system, they will win that division. Yes Dallas beat us at home, our OC forgot he had beastmode that game (you beat Dallas by keeping their offense off the field) and Bruce Irvin missed Romo twice on the biggest play of the game in which Romo overthrew Witten and there happened to be a Cowboys reciever a couple yards behind Witten. That was a twilight zone game in which everything went against Seattle that day.

Rob12

Reaction score
Laloosh":8jc6d479 said:
Guess we'll finally get to see what he does with gaping holes to run through.

He's not that good of a back if he needs an elite offensive line to look like an actual NFL caliber running back.

Wish it worked out differently. Hate burning a second round pick like this.

massari

Reaction score
djb28":3qop2xiu said:
That is funny. I traded him away last week in Madden . Who should I get rid of next!?

Lockette, Kearse and Cary Williams pls.

nanomoz

Reaction score
What it came down to, I think, is that Michael just wasn't trustworthy with the football, and for a team whose main, core tenet is "It's all about the ball," that was an enormous deal. The coaches simply did not trust him with the football. It's hard to play a guy -- even one as talented as Michael is -- if you fear that he'll cough up the rock for you. Turnovers can and do decide games every week

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/9/6/9270 ... s-seahawks

Our coaches have a clearly-defined set of priorities. I love it. Those near-fumbles in the preseason had meaning.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We should keep that statement in mind also when we are criticizing Russell Wilson for his hesitance to throw jump balls to his covered short receivers.

Fwiw Heath Evans just stated that several members of the best defense in football (including The LOB) have told him that they believe C Mike will be a starter in Dallas and an impact player in the league once out from under Pete's dog house.

I'm not sorry we moved on if the staff was never going to use him though. I just wish we had gotten more in return.

themunn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":veomj7bm said:
HawKnPeppa":veomj7bm said:
Sports Hernia":veomj7bm said:
EastCoastHawksFan":veomj7bm said:
This is all part of the master plan .

If we see the Cowboys in the playoffs , we can chalk up atleast 1 fumble by C Mike
Cowboys are not making the playoffs. They had a pattycake schedule last year and had some tremendous breaks along the way. Great offense, crap defense and crap special teams.

I hate the CowPies as much as the next guy, but there's a heap of wishful thinking backed up by rationalization in this post. They were good enough to beat us at home last season. They win their division easily. Who challenges them? Oh yeah, Philly with Bradford and Tebow?
I respectfully disagree, re-read my post for the reasons why. Trust me, I am not a Chip Kelly fan going back to when he was with Oregon, but I think with Bradford (tebow was cut BTW) and with his players and more importantly his system, they will win that division. Yes Dallas beat us at home, our OC forgot he had beastmode that game (you beat Dallas by keeping their offense off the field) and Bruce Irvin missed Romo twice on the biggest play of the game in which Romo overthrew Witten and there happened to be a Cowboys reciever a couple yards behind Witten. That was a twilight zone game in which everything went against Seattle that day.

Too right.

Much like our fortuitous run of plays against Green Bay, Dallas just pulled some miracle plays out the bag in that game to squeeze the win.

This one stands out in particular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd1tApAxqQE

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
All this complaining about Michael assumes that he becomes their starting RB. Frankly, I'm not so sure that happens.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Laloosh":395e6o1c said:
Guess we'll finally get to see what he does with gaping holes to run through.

Exactly. I'm sure he'll have success there, but am glad he's gone. He's not good enough for us, and our line isn't good enough for him to be successful.

I thought he was the worst of the rb's we had in camp. I am very surprised the Cowboys didn't go after Fred Jackson.