Cam Newton done for the year.

slateman77

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":ld6l8bsd said:
I detested him playing against the Hawks but feel bad for him as a human being.

He'll probably be traded in the offseason to any number of teams that won't make the playoffs. Redskins a contender, poss Broncos if Elway is still allowed to make decisions. Wherever. maybe play a season or two where he lands. He has two injuries, not just one.

NFL years are 1.5-2 times dog years. Not for long for most.
You feel bad for him..?? Sorry..but I can't stand the narcissistic ass.. Mr. Superman who can't even fight for a fumble..He's a whiny crybaby when things don't go his way...Wrap that towel real tight..!!

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
You would think Cam committed domestic violence or was a dirty player the way he gets treated by a certain crowd.

Jesus.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":39g2c8do said:
You would think Cam committed domestic violence or was a dirty player the way he gets treated by a certain crowd.

Jesus.

source.gif

:sarcasm_on: Gee, I wonder why. :sarcasm_off:

This play was like a spell breaking. He lost so much respect right here.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Maulbert":3dk86na3 said:
xray":3dk86na3 said:
sdog1981":3dk86na3 said:
Week 1 Chicago Bears starting QB

That ^ or somewhere else..bet on it .

I suspect Denver. John Elway loves those overrated tall QBs. Osweiler, Lynch, Flacco....

Naw, Elway likes his overrated tall stand-in-the-pocket prototypical QBs. Chicago Bears, on the other hand is quite possible.

As for Cam. Meh. No love lost for him here, but I don't hate him. He's just... meh.

Osprey

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":3vh983mz said:

Jesus.
Are you implying it’s about race? Look at how much grief Erin R, Rapistburger, etc get around here.

Cam suffers from a bad ego to success ratio combined with horrible image projection / brand management (pouting, Superman, fashionista, etc). It’d be interesting to see how much difference a SB win or two would have made.

Osprey

Reaction score
Saw MRobb speculate on Cam to Tennessee as a good fit given offensive style and need.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Osprey":1dukg9y0 said:
ClutchDJ":1dukg9y0 said:
You would think Cam committed domestic violence. or was a dirty player the way he gets treated by a certain crowd.

Jesus.
Are you implying it’s about race? Look at how much grief Erin R, Rapistburger, etc get around here.

Saying that a rapist gets criticized too is making ClutchDJ's point, not yours. :lol: :lol:

Rodgers doesn't inspire nearly as much vitriol around here as Cam does.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Osprey":2ohy38a1 said:
ClutchDJ":2ohy38a1 said:

Jesus.

Cam suffers from a bad ego to success ratio combined with horrible image projection / brand management (pouting, Superman, fashionista, etc). It’d be interesting to see how much difference a SB win or two would have made.
Well said. He named his kid Chosen, what else do you need to know?

That said I don't dislike him nearly as much as Rapistberger. Not even close. That dude committed felony rape and got away with it..... allegedly.

Threedee

Reaction score
I find Cam extremely annoying. After he had that accident, where his truck flipped on the highway, he had a very human press conference, and won me over for a week or two, until he got back to being a super annoying football player again. So, the fact that I have seen the humanity in him suggests that he can display it again.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1bbn6m9w said:
Osprey":1bbn6m9w said:
So who’s going to be desperate enough to sign Cam once Carolina cuts him?
Dallas? They dont want to pay Dak 35 million per year.

But even Jerruh is not that stupid.

Newton had his time, IMO.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Osprey":2x65cenr said:

hawksfansinceday1":2x65cenr said:
SoulfishHawk":2x65cenr said:
Actually, he has proven to be a crappy human being in many ways. POS might be a little strong, I'll give you that.
But he is one of the most self-centered players we have ever seen, end of story. Zero leadership skills, pumps his chest out like a 5 year old when things are going well. Kicks and screams like a baby when things go bad. This has been going on his ENTIRE career. Rarely gives credit to any opponent, walks away from interviews and has some of the worst body language of all time.
Add covers his head with a towel when things aren't going well and he's sitting on the sideline. Certainly fits in with what you said about body language

Honestly, a couple of you are being a bit harsh towards Cam. He is an emotional player, and in his prime his team very much valued and followed his leadership. The towel on his head part... nothing-burger. He was that way ahead or behind. Just a guy deep in thought, running through plays and scenarios in his head. Not (usually) a pouting thing. I had quite a discussion with a couple Carolina fans on this, and when they challenged me to guess the score when a couple towel-on-head pics were taken, after looking into it further, I had to acknowledge their point.

That said, I do find Cam annoying, but I think he's one of those players that you love him if he's on your team, but hate him if you're an opponent. My favorite Cam moment was when Brandon Browner stuffed him and a RB on an option play near the goal line, caused a fumble, and then recovered it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He is a poor sport. Nothing more and nothing less. You calling him a pos is childish. A pos to me is a rapist, killer, child abuser,etc.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3222d5wc said:
He is a poor sport. Nothing more and nothing less. You calling him a pos is childish. A pos to me is a rapist, killer, child abuser,etc.
OK, how about "sports pos" similar to "I (sports) hate the Cowboys"?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
"I had quite a discussion with a couple Carolina fans on this, and when they challenged me to guess the score when a couple towel-on-head pics were taken, after looking into it further, I had to acknowledge their point."

I did not know this point. Thanks for the insight.

evergreen

Reaction score
Don't y'all remember his tantrum when we were coming back in the playoffs? Then he won't jump on the fumble in the Super Bowl? I'm glad he didn't, I didn't want them to win more than Denver. And I hate Denver. Have ever since Elway. Yeah, I like that Chicago idea...

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I'd root for him if he was on my team. But that is about it. I feel the same way about Sherman. I rooted for him to do well when he played for the Seahawks but never liked him personally.

I don't appreciated the act, I can appreciate the talent.

samwize77

Reaction score
Cam Newton is the type of player that celebrates a TD like he's "Superman" !!

Yet its late in the 4th quarter and his team is down 37-7...…..to me that speaks volumes of the player.

olyfan63

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":2h7jmqe7 said:
I'd root for him if he was on my team. But that is about it. I feel the same way about Sherman. I rooted for him to do well when he played for the Seahawks but never liked him personally.

I don't appreciated the act, I can appreciate the talent.

Sherman is significantly smarter than Cam. Both are Narcissist PD types.
Cam does have some leadership qualities, and when he is healthy and has his size and athleticism, he is a load to deal with. I think his natural gifts have worked against him slightly because he could rely on those instead of having to develop his all-around game, reading defenses, etc.

I'm just glad we have Russell and not Cam.