Cam Newton Injured in Car Accident

OkieHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2vuxxv5k said:
OkieHawk":2vuxxv5k said:
But is he a true leader? I would say that the team has quit on him to a degree. It has also happened in Cleveland with Hoyer, and may happen soon in Miami with Tannehill. If you get a chance, or have already watched them, look at some of the routes that Gordon and others ran the last few games with Hoyer under center. They flat out gave up and were not where they were supposed to be when Hoyer threw the ball. I feel the same thing is happening with Cam.

As far as the other things said about Cam, meh, don't understand people's reasoning on them.

41-10 doesn't seem like quitting.

Carolina's cap was badly mismanaged by their previous GM, and they essentially went into this season with an injury prone backfield and barely NFL-level scrub type players all along their O-line and in their WR corps. Only 2 of their O-lineman returned from last year, and one of them moved from RT to LT. 0 of their 2014 WRs were with the team in 2013. And they found a way to make a suspect secondary that was the main weak link in an otherwise strong defense WORSE.

The only reason Carolina hasn't fallen further than they have is due to Newton.

I didn't say that they totally gave up on him, but surmised that they may have started to. I had also forgotten about that drubbing as it was against a lackluster Saints team, but you bring up valid points as well.

ctrcat

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3g618ykv said:
OkieHawk":3g618ykv said:
But is he a true leader? I would say that the team has quit on him to a degree. It has also happened in Cleveland with Hoyer, and may happen soon in Miami with Tannehill. If you get a chance, or have already watched them, look at some of the routes that Gordon and others ran the last few games with Hoyer under center. They flat out gave up and were not where they were supposed to be when Hoyer threw the ball. I feel the same thing is happening with Cam.

As far as the other things said about Cam, meh, don't understand people's reasoning on them.

41-10 doesn't seem like quitting.

Carolina's cap was badly mismanaged by their previous GM, and they essentially went into this season with an injury prone backfield and barely NFL-level scrub type players all along their O-line and in their WR corps. Only 2 of their O-lineman returned from last year, and one of them moved from RT to LT. 0 of their 2014 WRs were with the team in 2013. And they found a way to make a suspect secondary that was the main weak link in an otherwise strong defense WORSE.

The only reason Carolina hasn't fallen further than they have is due to Newton.

Great post. Not to mention 10% of their already mangled cap was taken away with the loss of Hardy. Cam is the current Offensive Player of the Week and the game also included a literal brawl with Cam's teammates defending him. I guess the Saints think it's OK to mock the Superman repeatedly during the game in Charlotte then want to fight when the tables are turned. The same Saints that had just won in Pittsburgh and would have had the division all but wrapped up with a win.

Latest posts