Cam: "We played an unbelievable team."

sutz

Reaction score
krakeniscoming1976":hsecqcya said:
davidonmi":hsecqcya said:
I think the panthers have issues at QB and WR. But their front 7 will win some games this year. Probably 8-8 to 9-7
issue at QB?
Maybe he means CB? :229031_shrug:

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I was VERY impressed with the Panthers. If they put that kind of pressure on the SF offense, there's no telling what will happen... Luke might very well be able to deal with Colin all by himself... extremely awesome LB. There was so much push and activity up front that it was hard to take advantage of the Panther secondary, even though I know they have some older slower players back there. The Panther offense was patient and poised which honestly I didn't expect, I thought Cam would make a critical mistake and lose it, and he didn't.

I could see them punching some finesse teams in the mouth, sure.

With that defense, they'll be in every game, especially if they get some guys back, which they will.

davidonmi

Reaction score
sutz":1jebsmn4 said:
krakeniscoming1976":1jebsmn4 said:
davidonmi":1jebsmn4 said:
I think the panthers have issues at QB and WR. But their front 7 will win some games this year. Probably 8-8 to 9-7
issue at QB?
Maybe he means CB? :229031_shrug:
no i did not mean CB, but yes that is an issue as well. I am becoming less and less sold on cam every time I watch him play

BGHawk

Reaction score
now if steve smith could mature..panthers could go somewhere..oh, and maybe add another big name reciever

hawksman53

Reaction score
There D looked every bit as good as ours today. I had no idea. I was very impressed. They are going to be very good next year

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Predictions about our potential this year and talent carryover from last should give Carolina reason to hold their heads high. They played a physical, tight game, even with momentum at the end. Both teams will watch a lot of film and have opportunities to improve. And we end up with a W.

If there was a way for both teams to benefit from the same game, this was it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think Carolina has a very good chance to beat out both New Orleans and Atlanta for their division title.
Sure, why not, Carolina for the division title. And beat SF while you're at it!
To reach the next level, clearly they need to trade us Star Lotulelei for one of our surplus DB's. ;-)

drdiags

Reaction score
bestfightstory":q27sv89e said:
HOLLYWOOD":q27sv89e said:
Carolinas front seven played great today. I'm betting they will end up being one of the better defenses we see this year.

Agreement. Hope to see them take it to San Fran and Atlanta/New Orleans on our behalf. I thought one of their safeties was pretty damn active, as well. Mikell?

Yeah, BFS, that was Quinton Mikell. He just signed with the Panthers this week if I remember what I read this week correctly.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Predictions about our potential this year and talent carryover from last should give Carolina reason to hold their heads high. They played a physical, tight game, even with momentum at the end. Both teams will watch a lot of film and have opportunities to improve. And we end up with a W.

If there was a way for both teams to benefit from the same game, this was it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I thought it was interesting that he called is an unbelievable team etc. But then almost immediately said it wasn't anything we did, it was what "they didn't do"
Oh well

TwilightError

Reaction score
From physical perspective, Newton is the leagues top player. They will get surprising wins this season.

Bipolar

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1b0ajfr0 said:
And the Panthers were a surprisingly good team as well. I'm impressed, I had no idea their D was as good as that.

It wasn't a shocker at all, based on Panthers preseason D performance.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":as1l1bjr said:
I thought it was interesting that he called is an unbelievable team etc. But then almost immediately said it wasn't anything we did, it was what "they didn't do"
Oh well

This is typical though of how a team looks when they face a great defense. The same could be said on our side too. Great defenses give you far fewer opportunities and lesser opportunities at that. Teams feel like they left potential plays on the field because those missed opportunities stand out more as they often result in failed drives.

Had we lost that game, there are any number of plays which we could have said the exact same thing. Wins have a way of whitewashing that.

Happy

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1q0mtbm5 said:
Lots of mutual respect was formed today between both teams and fans on both sides. I wish we could play these guys more often, their fans are the very antithesis of douchebaggy.

100% agree

The falcons fans last year, they made me a bit edgy, lots of them just looking for an excuse to jump an enemy fan and beat them, pretty uncomfortable when you're just trying to get your woman out of the stadium area safely.

But the panthers fans were great. Lots of smack talk of course, but there was never that underlying threat of violence. They're a classy group of people.

What's more Charlotte is a beauftiful city. My girlfirnd and I were talking about how we would not mind living there at all. It's that nice.

Great town, great people, great fans. Two thumbs up across the board.

Latest posts