Can We Still Bring Back Retro Uniforms/Helmets?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Sorry for making another uniform thread but wouldn't it be cool if we bring back the ones we wore in the 90s..?

Someone said the NFL only allows teams to wear the same helmets all season but I could of sworn I seen the Rams wore the swirly old school helmets they used to wear a week or two ago...

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I think you get ONE alt uniform.......... Grey is the alt uniform. I don't know if helmet has anything to do with it in this case.

burgers_59

Reaction score
You can only have three Uniform combos per season regardless of helmet. We have used all three for the year being; the wolf grey, the blue on blue, and the white on white.

You can mix and match the pants and Jerseys but as long as those three combinations are there, so we can't use the throwbacks. Wish we could though, hopefully next year!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
burgers_59":2tlytxo0 said:
You can only have three Uniform combos per season regardless of helmet. We have used all three for the year being; the wolf grey, the blue on blue, and the white on white.

You can mix and match the pants and Jerseys but as long as those three combinations are there, so we can't use the throwbacks. Wish we could though, hopefully next year!

I could be wrong but as far as the away goes I think only the jersey color counts, not the pants.

chris98251

Reaction score
I thought there was a new rule concerning helmets, you can't use two different helmet styles or schemes either. Essentially killing us because of our chnage, and teams like the Cowboys, Patriots, Chargers,Broncos from going back to their original color and helmets.

ensett

Reaction score
it wouldnt be that cool. those days are over, no need to bring them back

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yep, only one alternate uniform, ours this year is the wolf grey.

Yep, players have to use the same physical helmet the entire season. They could do some sort of "helmet wrap" sticker that would cover the whole helmet but basically that's the only way you'd get a silver helmet with the old logo on it -- put a wrap over the current dark blue new logo helmet. What they can't do is give the players new silver helmets for one game, the NFL no longer allows a player to change helmets during the season.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Throwback uni's are lame, especially for the Seahawks, These new one's are amazing, why on earth we'd want to sport the ugly stuff from the 80's and 90's is beyond me.

Basis4day

Reaction score
burgers_59":2jlvqqh4 said:

Almost. You are restricted to the number of times that you can wear the alternate 3rd jersey to two games a year (They are allowed in the playoffs, but not the Superbowl). A team is locked into their alternate jerseys for 5 years. Without a special exemption from the league office, you won't see throwbacks.

You are correct that only the tops count as the alternate design.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3o8ljp9b said:
Throwback uni's are lame, especially for the Seahawks, These new one's are amazing, why on earth we'd want to sport the ugly stuff from the 80's and 90's is beyond me.

incorrect

Basis4day

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2k68qoem said:
Sorry for making another uniform thread but wouldn't it be cool if we bring back the ones we wore in the 90s..?

Someone said the NFL only allows teams to wear the same helmets all season but I could of sworn I seen the Rams wore the swirly old school helmets they used to wear a week or two ago...

The rams did wear the same physical helmets. They used canary yellow decals on the same blue helmets.

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/p ... throwbacks

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jlwaters1":ea9hhx2r said:
Patriots throwbacks (60s and 70s) kick ass on that garbage they wear now. Same with the Rams old blue and whites. I'm sure there are others I could come up with too.

That said, a lot of this is generational IMO. The old guy like me prefer the simpler old school unis and the younger folks like the busier, Oregon approach.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Our throwbacks are ugly as hell, IMO; lol. (Then again, I think throwbacks for like 25 of the 32 NFL teams are ugly.)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Our throwbacks are the BEST. But unfortunately it doesn't sound like it will be happening anytime soon for multiple reasons.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I like the really goofy, super old school throwbacks some of the teams wear. Like the jailhouse Steelers jersey, and the weird/plain Packers throwbacks with the jersey numbers in the circles.
Is there any pre-NFL, super old timey set that the Seahawks might wear? Like something from a small semi pro team from way back when?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious who the young guys and old guys are. Most of my Seahawks fandom was experienced in the throwback uniforms. I love every incarnation, and I think our current uniforms are the coolest to ever grace the NFL. But the classic '80's and 90's uniforms will always have a special place in my heart. Even back then I thought they were the coolest in the league. I would absolutely LOVE to see a home game in our old "Steve Largent" garb. That would just be awesome... At least "I" think it would be...

C'mon mannnn..... They were cool!

Ap958682153458

131020krieg660.jpg

chris98251

Reaction score
Once again it shows the age and or generational difference in a thread, it is a throwback optional uniform and people still dislike referring to the history and recognition it represents.

I wonder how much of this is the NFL and how much of it is Patent and copyright infringement, this new rule came about just recently as did the contract with Nike and the sensationalism they try to bring with Uniforms.

I don't like the new Uniforms personally, Old is best and I didn't mind Gunmetal blue ones. New ones have some nice accents but also look like someone won a coloring contest in design.

NavySeaHawk

Reaction score
Those old colors and the logo grabbed my attention as a youngster. I like the throwbacks, and they are not ugly. Best uniforms back in there day...lol, all the way up to the 2000's (not really that old yet). I personally hope to see them again. If anything mix in a silver or dark silver helmet. :th2thumbs:

Seafan

Reaction score
Those 90 uniforms were awesome. The only really cool thing about the 21st century uniform was the helmut. The current uniform is a nice improvement over the gunmetal uni but certainly not the best overall uniform. However, they are obviously very popular with the players in the league which is saying something. Can't wait until the next uniform thread.

Latest posts