Can we win in New Orleans?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya. I remember being in my seat screaming for them to do SOMETHING different. Then after the game, typical Pete speak. "We should have done x differently"
Because that never gets old :LOL:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Yep that was such a frustrating game to watch. Run on first and second down for nothing and only let Geno drop back and pass in obvious passing situations when the Saints could turn up the heat. Hopefully the difference this year goes back to the comments after week 2 of letting Geno open it up and now after the last 2 games trusting him more.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I go into every game believing there is a way for us to win it. This one is no different. But this year I also think there is no game on our schedule we couldn't lose, and this one certainly qualifies as one of those.
Atlanta had NO dead to rights but the homer Saints come back late to steal that one. Falcons kicked our butt here in Seattle in a game that could have gone either way.
This game looks like another nail biter. Flip the coin and hope it comes up Seahawks!

W

Welshers

Of course we can win in New Orleans! We have the best quarterback in the NFL! Yes the defense is struggling but when you have a guy as next level as geno you can win every game!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
You guys must be watching different games. The Saints are always getting beneficial calls. The Rams game was an outlier. That ref clearly didn't follow the script that was supposed to set up the Brees vs Brady Superbowl. The league bended to the Saints will by installing that outrageous rule of making P.I. reviewable for one year just to put a baby binky in Sean Payton's mouth.

Bounty gate happened for a reason. They've been dirty for years. Watch what happens away from the ball and after the whistle. Routine cheap shots and refs turn a blind eye. They're a joke of an organization with a fanbase that's overplayed their victim card.
This.

Aircrew

Reaction score
You guys must be watching different games. The Saints are always getting beneficial calls. The Rams game was an outlier. That ref clearly didn't follow the script that was supposed to set up the Brees vs Brady Superbowl. The league bended to the Saints will by installing that outrageous rule of making P.I. reviewable for one year just to put a baby binky in Sean Payton's mouth.

Bounty gate happened for a reason. They've been dirty for years. Watch what happens away from the ball and after the whistle. Routine cheap shots and refs turn a blind eye. They're a joke of an organization with a fanbase that's overplayed their victim card.
Good lord isn't that the truth. I lived in Louisiana for several years when I worked offshore, the term "playing the victim card" should be changed to "Louisiana sports fan". They bring an entirely new meaning to bellyaching. And it's coordinated all the way up to the Governor.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
AG,
Do you think Taysom will play on Sunday? If so, how do you think he'll be used? Wildcat QB? Receiver? Tailback?
Yes, and yes, yes, maybe. ;) You may even see him throw a pass or two. He's come in behind the center about ten times so far and every down was a run. I'm expecting a shot down the field on one of those soon. Most of his snaps will come at TE, however. He's a really good blocker, too.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
I agree. Stick around long enough and you’ll get to see the other tin foil hat conspiracy theories such as East Coast Bias and Legacy Teams.
As far as this game? Absolutely the Hawks can win. I don’t expect them to though. Their defense is terrible and I’m not quite sold on the whole Geno thing yet. Beating arguably the worst defense in the league is hardly grounds to jump for joy.
Yup. There's plenty of tin foil to go around in every fanbase.

16c522c82927cd198ae555c3da60c502

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Good lord isn't that the truth. I lived in Louisiana for several years when I worked offshore, the term "playing the victim card" should be changed to "Louisiana sports fan". They bring an entirely new meaning to bellyaching. And it's coordinated all the way up to the Governor.
I've lived in Louisiana for over 45 of my 65 years and can tell you that there's no more bellyaching here than anywhere else in the country, including right here on the .NET. :)

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Gang, I'm not a Saints fan, but there's no way to look at the NFCCG after the 2018 season and not see the refs really helping the Rams and hurting the Saints.
Robey-Coleman got away with not one, but two egregious penalties in the fourth quarter. The second one, if it had been called, would have virtually guaranteed the Saints the win they had earned.
Also, I've seen helmet-to-helmet called on less helmet contact than Robey-Coleman made on the second one, but that's kind of irrelevant, given that not even the really obvious and game-changing pass-interference penalty was called.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I've lived in Louisiana for over 45 of my 65 years and can tell you that there's no more bellyaching here than anywhere else in the country, including right here on the .NET. :)
I don't disagree with you there, the Hawks have their fair share of panty-waists too. The first time I was ever really exposed to such large scale fan griping was while I lived in the dirty-dirty and that was both Saints and LSU fans. When I noticed an uptick in our fanbase getting whiny was, surprisingly, after our SB win.
On a side note, I was acutally back in south Louisiana recently for Labor Day, went to see some friends and check out my old stomping grounds in Morgan City, Houma and Thibodaux. Talk about taking a stroll down memory lane. Good to see you back at .net, always appreciated your level headed commentary.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ok, I've got to come clean here. I know I was being a tool with my previous posts. I've had a personal issue with the Saints and their fanbase due to an encounter I had in 2010.

I'll just go head first into it, since this may be a safe space. I was attending Spokane Community College. This was the week leading up to the Beastquake wildcard game. The Seahawks had previously gotten blown out in New Orleans that same season, and another student on campus had said some choice things in passing after that first game. He had jeans down to his ankles, gold chains and a Drew Brees Jersey. I usually wore the same Seahawks hoodie or windbreaker.

Anyways, before the Wild card game he bumps me when I'm walking on campus.

"Watch it tubby." He says. Then gives me some kind of gang sign and says "Seachickens going down this weekend. Watch you back clown." Then gives me a throat slash.

I just kept walking, and then he proceeded to pull a knife. Thankfully other students were nearby and he came to his senses and put his knife away. I was bigger than him, but still intimidated for someone threatening me for no reason other than wearing Seahawks clothing.

After Seattle won that game, I saw him again and gave him a salute and asked "How did you enjoy that game? We dey punk." He flipped me off, jumped in his Subaru WRX and drove off, never to be seen again.

That is why I said what I said about the Saints. I've held all Saints fans in the same light since that encounter. Which I know isn't fair.

Thank you for your time. Enjoy the game.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Ok, I've got to come clean here. I know I was being a tool with my previous posts. I've had a personal issue with the Saints and their fanbase due to an encounter I had in 2010.

I'll just go head first into it, since this may be a safe space. I was attending Spokane Community College. This was the week leading up to the Beastquake wildcard game. The Seahawks had previously gotten blown out in New Orleans that same season, and another student on campus had said some choice things in passing after that first game. He had jeans down to his ankles, gold chains and a Drew Brees Jersey. I usually wore the same Seahawks hoodie or windbreaker.

"Watch it tubby." He says. Then gives me some kind of gang sign and says "Seachickens going down this weekend. Watch you back clown." Then gives me a throat slash.

I just kept walking, and then he proceeded to pull a knife. Thankfully other students were nearby and he came to his senses and put his knife away. I was bigger than him, but still intimidated for someone threatening me for no reason other than wearing Seahawks clothing.

After Seattle won that game, I saw him again and gave him a salute and asked "How did you enjoy that game? We dey punk." He flipped me off, jumped in his Subaru WRX and drove off, never to be seen again.

That is why I said what I said about the Saints. I've held all Saints fans in the same light since that encounter. Which I know isn't fair.

The ONLY hawks/saints game that we've been to at Lumen/Qwest/whatever -

ALL of their fans had exactly the same vibe. I was afraid I was gonna get jacked by the stadium. It was nuts. And they are SO loud - not during the game, but just LOUD in general. Someone should tell them there's another volume level other than YELL for everyday conversation. And my, they certainly are proud of their beads.

Pigs and gangsters. Fat and loud. Only Bears fans (again, only been to 1 bears/hawks game at home) are almost as bad IMO. This is just from what we experienced.

toffee

Reaction score
Of course we can win in New Orleans! We have the best quarterback in the NFL! Yes the defense is struggling but when you have a guy as next level as geno you can win every game!
We have one of the better QB in NFL, but QB alone do not win games.

Jerhawk

Reaction score

ALL of their fans had exactly the same vibe. I was afraid I was gonna get jacked by the stadium. It was nuts. And they are SO loud - not during the game, but just LOUD in general. Someone should tell them there's another volume level other than YELL for everyday conversation. And my, they certainly are proud of their beads.

Pigs and gangsters. Fat and loud. Only Bears fans (again, only been to 1 bears/hawks game at home) are almost as bad IMO. This is just from what we experienced.
I've been to the last 3 games the Falcons have come to Seattle. My friend lives in Atlanta so he flies up and I come over from Spokane and we meet up. Their fans are really cool.

Even though we lost the last two to them here, they've always been super friendly and funny. Just my experience.

Rams fans on the other hands, my word. Went to a game in 2006 with my parents and those were the worst opposing fans I've ever been around. And they were still in St Louis then mind you. They were throwing hands in the parking lot with innocent fans, they couldn't hold their liquor. Not a good time.

I've heard Eagles fans are the worst and I don't want to find out lol. It's strange how fanbases get a certain reputation from the people that ruin for others in the stadiums. Or just minding their business at a community college. Very sad.

morgulon1

Reaction score

I hate everyone . But I hold niner fans in ultimate hatred.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score

Almost every visiting fan I have talked to comments on how friendly the Saints fans have been to them on the streets and in the Dome. Your average fan is more likely to buy a visiting fan a beer than get in their face. I can't speak for supposed Saints fans visiting your stadium. Just because they are wearing the colors doesn't mean they represent. NOLA is a tourist destination and all of the residents know this and treat all visitors with upmost respect.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score

I can honestly say that you have not experienced the vast majority of Saints fans in that case. Every fanbase has jerks. The worst you'll hear from most Saints fans would be good-natured trash talking followed by "here's to nobody getting hurt this week!"

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
I've been to the last 3 games the Falcons have come to Seattle. My friend lives in Atlanta so he flies up and I come over from Spokane and we meet up. Their fans are really cool.

Even though we lost the last two to them here, they've always been super friendly and funny. Just my experience.

Rams fans on the other hands, my word. Went to a game in 2006 with my parents and those were the worst opposing fans I've ever been around. And they were still in St Louis then mind you. They were throwing hands in the parking lot with innocent fans, they couldn't hold their liquor. Not a good time.

I've heard Eagles fans are the worst and I don't want to find out lol. It's strange how fanbases get a certain reputation from the people that ruin for others in the stadiums. Or just minding their business at a community college. Very sad.
Saints and Falcons are the bitterest of rivals, but there's seldom any issues between the fans at any of the games I have been to.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This will be a tough game simply for the fact that the Saints get all the favorable calls down in their dump of a dome.

Marcus Lattimore is a punk and will probably get away with a bunch of egregious non calls against DK until DK gets upset, punches Lattimore and gets ejected. Lattimore is a scrub that pays off the officials to get away with BS all game then talks smack.

Meanwhile our DBs will get called for a bunch of ticky tack calls against their receivers. Their O line will get away with holding all game.

Again, the Saints aren't even good, but they get good voodoo mojo in their dome and get all the calls from the refs all the time. Expect a frustrating and steered game from the officials.

The NFL and Gooddell would lose their minds if their precious little Saints start 1-4. I'll laugh hysterically if Seattle somehow pulls off this win, just for the fact that the Saints couldn't even win with the refs assistance.
Hey look, I was right. Shocking.

"But the Rams had a bad no call 4 years ago, therefore the Saints are the victims."