Cant say this bodes well for us

Wartooth

Reaction score
Well if they are going to call it...Make them feel it!
The Hawks are in the WHOLE NFL' head!
Small market teams aren't suppose to win the big games...
Screw'em!

Go Hawks!

Anthony!

Reaction score
tonyseahawk":1zff8gpf said:
NFL tells refs to tighten up officiating calls. The "let 'em play" moniker is not to be seen this weekend. Not a shocker here. Wouldnt surprise me at all to find out this was from a call or complaints made by the 9ers or Saints organizations. This is about the time the refs over react and make this ugly!

http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/11/nfl-offici ... ame-calls/

IF they call it both ways we will be fine, if its one sided we could be in trouble, the only thins is now that the NFL and all these papers have said something, if it happens it will be so obvious that it could cause a backlash against the NFL. It will not be just our team that is hurt. IF we are as good as we think we should be able to over come it anyway.

Jville

Reaction score
Can't say this revelation bodes well for the integrity of the NFL.

Is there a preferred outcome to be enforced for this post season sudden death tournament?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I read it and seems more like the league took issue with last weeks' games, not the regular season so much. As long as the game is called in a fair manner for both teams, this shouldn't be an issue. It's not about changing the way teams like Seattle play the game. It's about the many obvious "no calls" over last weekend instead of calling it tighter like during the regular season. For them to penalize Seattle with ticky-tacky calls would be calling the games in the extreme opposite of last weekend - probably not where they're aiming.

I can't believe that is what the league is trying to do here. Better not be. Probably just not letting obvious penalties slide in the name of "letting them play." I think that idea is born out of keeping the game and excitement peaked for fans. Perhaps the league saw it as a bit too much in that direction last week is all. For example (one of many in all 4 games), I don't see how they let Green Bay get away with that mugging late in the game when Rodgers should have been sacked instead of completing a pass inside the 5 yard line to Cobb. (I hate both SF and GB. SF was cheated on that play. They either just missed what probably EVERYBODY else saw... or, ignored it to keep the game exciting.) That's probably what they're talking about and looking to address.

Keep in mind that this could also potentially help the Seahawks. Meaning, the opponent should be held to the same standard.

chevelle03

Reaction score
This is insane. The wild card round was overall the most entertaining week of the season, and part of that was because the refs didn't ruin the game like they usually do! This better not screw us over...

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
Believe me. The saints won't benefit. You guys forget that crack head commish hates us!!! The LAST thing he wants to do is hand a trophy to Payton....

Primo

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":3tevmbmf said:
Believe me. The saints won't benefit. You guys forget that crack head commish hates us!!! The LAST thing he wants to do is hand a trophy to Payton....

The NFL didn't hate you guys when they let your Defense T Off and try to injure Favre in the 2009 NFC Championship and the phantom PI on Ben Leber in overtime...

With that said we shouldn't have turned the ball over 5 times, we were the better team.

I'm assuming Harvin remembers that game well and would like a little revenge today.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I try to keep a clear head on this type of stuff and not worry too much about things like "desired results" but I don`t like this at all. Not even a little bit.

Primo

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1419166g said:
I try to keep a clear head on this type of stuff and not worry too much about things like "desired results" but I don`t like this at all. Not even a little bit.

I'm sure you guys will be fine, you have an awesome all around team, Harvin plays today, your at home with the 12th Man and the Saints are terrible on the road.

Plus didn't you guys get Thurmond back, that would be a huge addition he was playing lights out this year before the incident.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
oasis":vrch36hi said:
I just hope the people in the locker room got this BS memo.

How the Seahawks would feel if they lost the game because of a penalty train wreck:

League: Did you Seahawks get that memo?

Seahawks: No, what memo?

League: Well, we f**ked your wives...

Goodell (turning around in his chair with crazy eyes): ALL of them. Cheerio.

How most Seahawk fans would feel if we lost the game due to a penalty train wreck (emotionally):

Replay Kurt Cobain's last days, Seahawks are Courtney Love.

Although Nirvana did win a "Superbowl" when they went on MTV's Unplugged and had one of the most amazing and memorable sets ever.

Seeker

Reaction score
We locked down NY with no flags. we'll be fine. its gonna be a pressure game today. lots of pressure.