Mama said there'd be days like this

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
capncrunch":2i20ejgj said:
Wow. So who has worse fans Coug The 49ers or the Raiders? I've heard they can be pretty nasty. Well, things aren't always so civilized back East. I remember when I lived in Philly watching the fans pelt Santa Claus down on the field with snow balls and ice balls. I remember going to Yankee stadium with my Dad back when they had Catfish Hunter. They used to sell beer in glass bottles instead of plastic. It was quite a spectacle for a 5th grader to witness one dude smash a bottle so that he could use it as a weapon to try and stab another guy. Not a good day to be a White Sox fan. The boys in blue intervened and worked him over pretty good with their billy clubs.
Oh well. Glad you got back safe. Lemme know if you need a place to crash if you come down for a Ravens or Skins game.

You're the man capn! Thanks for the offer.

I've never been to Oakland before, so I don't know about the atmosphere there during a game, but we've all heard about how brutal it is out there. At least they've lived through real struggle though. The San Fran gangbangers are full of it. They think their tough, and they all want to be the next Tony Montana, but they need to work in packs in order for any one to take them seriously. I get the feeling Oakland knows what hard times really are.

Philly is a disaster. I was there for the Hawks/Eagles Monday Nighter in 2005. The stadium was empty by halftime because Seattle was routing them, but just walking through the parking lot felt like an insane experience. I don't know how the hell they ever got the name "The city of brotherly love." What a crock!

Awesome story about Yankee Stadium. I've had my share of horror stories from the Stadium, I've even seen a guy get pissed on at the urinals once. I don't know how Yankees fans have been able to avoid the rep, probably the prestige that goes along with the team, but they're pretty awful human beings as well.

And how bout this story about 4 people getting stabbed after the game in Denver last night? Unreal. Whatever happened to just dukin' it out fair and square if you had a problem with somebody? Unreal. Cowards!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
There was a Lions fan beaten unconscious briefly by 6 Eagles fans the other day too

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Seahawk Mike":3p9h5kga said:
Only went to that stadium once...getting in and out of there is a nightmare!

Missed the kickoff too...even missed the first series where (I believe it was Mebane or Bernard) Alex Smith got his shoulder destroyed and missed the rest of the game.

Wife almost got in a fight (she is completely passive by the way) because some guy kept flipping me off after every time we cheered for anything. She finally had enough and started yelling at him to sit down and take a quick look at the scoreboard. That obviously didn't go over well and his silent up until then woman then gets all crazy and actually starts to climb over the row to get something going. Luckily, some other Niners fans around stopped her so that is where it stopped except for the continued flipping off for the rest of the game.

Hawks end up dominating the Niners and as the two wonderful humans in front of us decide to pack it in at the start of the 4th quarter...my wife gives them the old "have a nice day" comment with is replied to with another middle finger....what a day!

Wow. what class. People talk about the clink, but being a season ticketholder for years nothing like that ever goes on that I witnessed.

Great read, and I won't be attending a game there, ever.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it out alive. :)

Mike Flood is good people. Was one of the only peeps in the FO that truly was a friend to .NET from the very start.

You get to watch a "Home" game this Sunday! Hope you report a win!

chris98251

Reaction score
Hey NYCoug, nice recap of your trip, I have read several and as much as people can be douches I have seen that you have a knock of finding a lot of good people as well, people reaching out to a stranger and willing to accept you and lend a hand for no reason other then you must be a very good person yourself as well as a kindred spirit as far a being a fan of the game.

As much as you remember your gameday experience I think long term these on the road freindships may hold a special place going forward as well.

Great job.

Spokanefan

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the great read and representing the 12th Man! My daughter just started working for Alaska Air, so we could have had free airfare, but I'd read so much about Candlestick that I thought it wasn't worth it, which you confirmed. Really have enjoyed reading the tales of your travels - go well.....

drdiags

Reaction score
Aros":3pj84dy4 said:
Yes, why was this thread moved??

My guess is that in an effort to move past the 9ers game and onto the NY Giants game caused this thread to get tossed out with the bath water. I could see getting cross-eyed policing these threads.

BTW, NYCoug, I agree with Chris. You must be a good person with good vibes (or a serial killer that no one would suspect .. hee hee, j/k). Good job as usual.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Regardless.. the decision to move this thread is not a good one IMO.

Many of us look forward to this post each week. Please leave it..

furthermore.. How the heck is NFL nation.. this is fellow .NET guy who has gone to EVERY game this season.. this is NOT an NFL nation topic.. if this is not Seahawks.Net fandom, than I don't know what is

drdiags

Reaction score
Maybe the mover did a quick topic check and treated this the same as he has for other 9er game posts? Just pm the guy and I am sure he will move it back? Dude could be operating on fumes and just made an assumption?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Just a tiny addendum to this posting, I was on the way to the Philippines back in 1983. I had to stay the night in San Fran and ended up in a motel. I am a curious sort and wandered a bit. A gentleman saw me and took me under his wing for a cup of coffee. He told me that I was messing up and should go back to my room and lock the door and be happy the next day on the airplane. I had dinner and then went back to the room and did as he thought. I was there alone and waiting for a flight after all. Got on the plane and celebrated my Birthday in Angeles City Philippines.
Now off subject 2...I was on the way in about 2 years later to korea. I was stopped by a gent in SEA TAC airport that wanted to give me a ride. He gave me bad vibes at the time so told him no. He let it go and I was just fine. He was kreepy tho. I still remember the face too. Always gotta keep your awareness around ya. Good post. And I saw no games with the Hawks in the Philippines...dang it. Only heard it on the radio once.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Why was this thread moved? Nonsense. Much more worthy of the main forum than most of the crap there. Somebody needs to tell people what a dump that place is and how stupid their fans are. Ahhhhhhh oooooooooh!!!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This thread popped up on my "related posts". Man, a lot of people I miss from the good ol' days. NYCoug, drdiags...

Sweet memories of prefunking with Dave who made it to every home game in 2013.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I remember so many of these good folks... many posters in this thread with no reaction score, no posts in the recent digital iteration. So sad to lose their voices (many, voices of reason), opinions, observations, and camaraderie in Hawk fandom.