Can't see Carolina running much at all on us

seabowl

Reaction score
Looking at the Carolina roster I just don't see how they have a good game running on us especially with how stout our run D has been of late. Stewart is coming off injury and is not very fast at 235 and Tolbert is even bigger. This puts more pressure on Cam to beat us throwing the ball and their receivers are average at best. I think we will be very well prepared to blanket Olsen too. The more I look at this matchup I find it hard to see how they will move the ball on this D.

The D capped with ball control O would give us a pretty good chance at a W.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen a lot of talk of the Carolina run game being such a threat but those people conveniently forget we are the best run D in the league.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
They may not get large runs but they have that sneaky ability to get 3yds consistently and get into 3rd and short. Ryan Kalil is a beast at center and don't underestimate the centers ability to open holes with line calls. With us playing on the road and the Crowd being silent on offense, I hope we don't have miscommunication on defense a la the last time we played them.

Bryce84

Reaction score
Logically the numbers do tell that story, but it feels like Stewart just seems to run well against us. Like Steven Jackson for the Rams did for a good stretch of seasons.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think Cam and the read option guarantee that they'll run on us. That and the fact that much of their offense is predicated on the run.

Stewart had some solid runs (though not big) against us and he was able to lean for some first downs.

On the flip side, after watching the all-22 again last night, I think Lockett could have a big day against this Carolina secondary. He and Russell almost hooked up on a long ball. Were it not for Kearse running the deep route on the first play from scrimmage for Seattle, we may have started the game with a TD for 80 yards.

Go Hawks!

2_0_6

Reaction score
Wait, I thought Carolina was a great offensive juggernaut that is the most dangerous team the NFL has seen in 30 years, and is on their way to their 4th straight Super bowl title?

Well at least that's the vibe from the Panthers forums. :thirishdrinkers:

12thbrah

Reaction score
We all know what happened the last time the Hawks were facing the #1 scoring offense in a playoff game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No one runs on us, that's how we beat most teams.

The only teams that have given us problems is smart veteran QB's like Roethlessberger, Palmer, etc that when given time can make all the throws.

Is Cam that type of QB? idk, he's had a great year, but my guess is when the pressure's on this weekend and his pocket's collapsing he might be so accurate. That's his history in big games, and I'm hoping that trend continues.

byau

Reaction score
Laloosh":tooovgef said:
I think Cam and the read option guarantee that they'll run on us. That and the fact that much of their offense is predicated on the run.

Stewart had some solid runs (though not big) against us and he was able to lean for some first downs.

Whether it's Stewart or Cam, the theory is that with each member of this steller run-defense doing their job and protecting their gap it shouldn't matter who runs the ball.

That's the theory anyway.

I'm nervous, anxious, and excited to see how this plays out.

Cartire

Reaction score
I think our guys pulled a Rocky 4 and trained up in negative temperatures last week. They are now going to a balmy 50's. Their speed and strength will be insane. USA. USA. USA. USA.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think they'll run it okay. They're really good at it. They ran for more yards against us than anyone else this year. They run misdirection, they run with their receivers, they run power, they run with their FB. They have a good misdirection game. Then they use their screen game. If they plan on just lining up and running at us, that won't work, but it's just really hard to figure out where they're coming from.

Dark Pump

Reaction score
The Panthers will have at LEAST 150 yards rushing tomorrow.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Dark Pump":yrcstzsr said:

Panthers have never done this against the Seahawks. Why should tomorrow be any different?

:th2thumbs:

Dark Pump

Reaction score
Foghawk":34wp1ns3 said:
Dark Pump":34wp1ns3 said:

Panthers have never done this against the Seahawks. Why should tomorrow be any different?

Thay have hit 130 plus in 3 games the last couple of years. Another 20 is not out of the realm of possibility.

TY7frlf.gif

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Dark Pump":1x2gfuki said:
Foghawk":1x2gfuki said:
Dark Pump":1x2gfuki said:

Thay have hit 130 plus in 3 games the last couple of years. Another 20 is not out of the realm of possibility.

TY7frlf.gif

The play above was without MLB Bobby Wagner. Backup WLB Kevin-Pierre Louis does a bad job filling the lane. SS Kam Chancellor was still rusty after missing all of training camp, preseason, and the first few games of the season.

Latest posts