Cant win it in the 1st qtr, cant in the 2nd, cant in the 3rd

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Earl Thomas plays deep middle. Those sideline passes aren't his job in this scheme. The CB has to play on an island on those, and the rookie couldn't pull it off this time against a good QB that most people here vastly underrated.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
mistaowen":3hyfim0x said:
MontanaHawk05":3hyfim0x said:
Anthony!":3hyfim0x said:
Whats wrong with start with your foot on the pedal and finish with your foot on the pedal.

He's afraid of turnovers. That's the source of the conservative approach that Pete puts out there on the field. If he weren't so bent on avoiding turnovers, Wilson would be holding onto the ball less, the OL would look better, we'd be scoring more, the defense would be able to predict a pass-first approach from the other team in response and pin their ears back accordingly...the Patriots effect, basically.

But it won't happen under Pete. Instead, we'll forever be riding a razor's edge in our games. That, not some lack of talent, is what will bite us in the playoffs. We've got the talent.

Is it that conservative though? The passes are all generally deep shots in the first half.

Most of them don't become passes at all. They end up turning into pressures or sacks because Wilson holds onto the ball.

Pete's instructions are probably something like this: "I'm just gonna give you four-verts until the 3rd quarter. If you see a good opportunity for a deep ball, take it, because those big plays are worth three stalled drives according to what I read on Brian Burke's website, muhahaha. BUT, don't take the shot unless you're 100% sure. Otherwise, just hold onto the ball and run around if needed."

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1qhk1jiv said:
Earl Thomas plays deep middle. Those sideline passes aren't his job in this scheme. The CB has to play on an island on those, and the rookie couldn't pull it off this time against a good QB that most people here vastly underrated.
C'mon, there's many times Earl has hustled 100 miles an hour to provide help on those sideline routes. I thin he especially shades over to the rookie to take away the top. The guy's a human missile. You know that.

Boycie

Reaction score
Seymour":pyvz9x6i said:
Been saying this 2 years now.
His philosophy is flawed, does not allow for learning and growth, does not allow for player and game fluctuation, limits his offense drastically, and it literally setting NFL records in futility.

His philosophy works if we have a run game like we had with Lynch, because you own the time of possession and grind down the opposing D, but we cannot do that now with our current set up.

I can't believe Pete hasn't corrected for this by now.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3qm81bc3 said:
SoulfishHawk":3qm81bc3 said:
I don't know, how many teams have won more games in the 4th Quarter and OT since Pete has been here? Very few.

True, but many of those are because they had to. In other words, they dinked around and made the game that close.
Yep, it's like "Wait for it, Wait for it, Wait for it, WHOA!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!, DID NOT SEE THAT COMIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":ie985hgq said:
MontanaHawk05":ie985hgq said:
Anthony!":ie985hgq said:
Whats wrong with start with your foot on the pedal and finish with your foot on the pedal.

He's afraid of turnovers. That's the source of the conservative approach that Pete puts out there on the field. If he weren't so bent on avoiding turnovers, Wilson would be holding onto the ball less, the OL would look better, we'd be scoring more, the defense would be able to predict a pass-first approach from the other team in response and pin their ears back accordingly...the Patriots effect, basically.

But it won't happen under Pete. Instead, we'll forever be riding a razor's edge in our games. That, not some lack of talent, is what will bite us in the playoffs. We've got the talent.

Is it that conservative though? The passes are all generally deep shots in the first half. Admittedly Russell probably throws the nicest deep ball in the league, but those aren't traditional move-the-chains 'safe' throws. I'd say it's more in the line with desire to be a power run - big play team that doesn't have the horses to do it but for whatever reason, the coaching staff refuses to give that vision up until they need to move the ball. The inability to put 7 on the board from the defense creating a turnover or a short field is killing this team.

The defense being so dominant and keeping the offense in every game has kinda hindered the offense if that makes sense. It's a safety net knowing the offense can sputter along and not need to change things up. It's rare where the offense needs to get it into gear early in the game since the defense doesn't give up much and ironically in those cases (Titans game), the offense shows it can get started in a hurry. I just wish they came out with that mentality as if they didn't have the lead.
What?, you mean like Play every quarter like it's the 4th quarter?

chris98251

Reaction score
When you have a run game that can wear down a defense Petes philosophy can work, boring yes but the big runs that can happen are payoffs and demoralizing for a defense. We don't have that at this point, the only thing that gets worn down is the whistles the Officials have to replace for blowing it so much.

Latest posts