Cards and 9ers in Mexico

Threedee

Reaction score
Kind of sucks for AZ that they had to sacrifice a home game in Glendale to go play internationally. It's not like they even have a huge national following.

It's a bad look for the NFL that international audiences are getting to see the mess of incompetence that is league officiating. Maybe try improving it before playing more games in London, Munich, and La Ciudad?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Kind of sucks for AZ that they had to sacrifice a home game in Glendale to go play internationally. It's not like they even have a huge national following.

It's a bad look for the NFL that international audiences are getting to see the mess of incompetence that is league officiating. Maybe try improving it before playing more games in London, Munich, and La Ciudad?
It also sucks that they sent them there to play a team for which the location is essentially home away from home.

RedAlice

Reaction score

I don't understand your point.

NFL officiating is a mess. That is a fact. It is not going to improve, never has and never will.

The games are loved internationally. Just because we have our own opinions on home v away - that matters not to the people buying all the tickets internationally. They eat it up.

When I was a season ticket holder for the Rams, I had tickets to the London game. But then I couldn't go. My tickets were sold in five seconds. They just love seeing NFL games.

Marvin49

Reaction score

Um...what makes you think games will EVER be officiated any better. There is no evidence that will ever happen.

Its simply something you have to put up with. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't. I don't think this game was any more poorly officiated than any other game. Thats not to say it perfect...just that officiating is an issue in most games.

The only call that was really egregious to me was the facemask call on the tackle of CMC. CLEARLY the guy had the shoulder pad.

Having said that the 49ers won by FOUR TOUCHDOWNS. LOL.

Honestly, I think the embarrassment in these games isn't officiating, its field conditions. Those fields aren't designed for NFL Football and it shows.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Um...what makes you think games will EVER be officiated any better. There is no evidence that will ever happen.

Its simply something you have to put up with. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't. I don't think this game was any more poorly officiated than any other game. Thats not to say it perfect...just that officiating is an issue in most games.

The only call that was really egregious to me was the facemask call on the tackle of CMC. CLEARLY the guy had the shoulder pad.

Honestly, I think the embarrassment in these games isn't officiating, its field conditions. Those fields aren't designed for NFL Football and it shows.
That field in Germany was crap, add that and long flights, time zone changes I think the NFL is crazy to do this. Owners should be protesting this more. The field in Mexico wasn't much better. If I had millions invested in these players I wouldn't want them playing in those conditions.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Kind of like the Bucs in Munich ?
No, "Kind of Like" an extra 3 hours longer Jet Lag on a West Coast Team...Their inner clocks had them starting a game @ 6:30 AM, while the Bucs "Inner Clock had them starting" at 9:30 AM, and that IS a big physiological difference, and you know it.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Kind of like the Bucs in Munich ?
I would agree with this. It certainly looked like more of a Seahawks crowd.

If they are going to have 17 game seasons and continue with the international games they should have all 32 teams play 1 international game each and not try to claim it as an away or home game.

Boycie

Reaction score

Maybe get good fields to play on too! Trying to use soccer fields where the guys are half the weight of NFL players does not make for a true representation of the NFL game.

Threedee

Reaction score

Well, then, all the reason why we shouldn't have nice things.

Latest posts