Carolina's MVP was the field today.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1t3ln3j6 said:
Nope, we got beat is all phases of the games in the first half. We played on that same field the second half if I remember correctly.

Hats off to the Panthers and their fans, your team played great today.

Thank you Sir. May everyone from both sides have a safe and healthy offseason before we do it again.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If they came out with the wrong cleats that is entirely on them. Fire the equipment staff or whoever makes that call.

samwize77

Reaction score
The only "excuse" that can be plausible in a lose today would have been the refs. But they didn't play a part so.........we lost it...that's that.

Dark Pump

Reaction score
knownone":xx3srhse said:
The teams looked pretty even, Seattle just wasn't prepared for a terrible surface early. It showed on Stewart's big run when Earl fell down and it showed on Russell's INT.

Why didn't Stewart fall down on the big bad field?

burggold75

Reaction score
soje":1jn9svl1 said:
I'm convinced that the only reason we were able to make it close was Carolina trying to run the clock and taking the foot off the pedal. The Panthers are a better team, especially so on the offensive and defensive lines. The Seahawks believed their own rep and thought that late game magic would be able to mask their deficiencies in the offensive line or their poor execution, but this time it wasn't enough.

If Carolina doesn't chicken out and keeps playing their normal game, they put 50 on us today. Easy.

The field condition should be no excuse and, if anything, it's a sign that our staff didn't do their job by preparing the players for such conditions.

Having said that...

Why are teams allowed to keep such poorly maintained fields? In a 20 billion dollar business, how are teams like Washington and Carolina allowed to provide such a dangerous surface for players?

I agree with you completely about game. But there was nothing wrong with FedEx field this year. in 2012 the field conditions were bad b/c of the terrible winter we had. It is weather related. Football should be played on natural grass anyway

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
No excuse. Team should have been better prepared.

2_0_6

Reaction score
ctrcat":xpsk2zcr said:
Hawk_Nation":xpsk2zcr said:
Nope, we got beat is all phases of the games in the first half. We played on that same field the second half if I remember correctly.

Hats off to the Panthers and their fans, your team played great today.

Thank you Sir. May everyone from both sides have a safe and healthy offseason before we do it again.

Your welcome...as much as that pains me to say. :thirishdrinkers:

The field was horrible no doubt, but that's a piss poor excuse since both teams played on it. We got beat, simple as that.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
soje":1nj9qqfl said:
I'm convinced that the only reason we were able to make it close was Carolina trying to run the clock and taking the foot off the pedal. The Panthers are a better team, especially so on the offensive and defensive lines. The Seahawks believed their own rep and thought that late game magic would be able to mask their deficiencies in the offensive line or their poor execution, but this time it wasn't enough.

If Carolina doesn't chicken out and keeps playing their normal game, they put 50 on us today. Easy.

The field condition should be no excuse and, if anything, it's a sign that our staff didn't do their job by preparing the players for such conditions.

Having said that...

Why are teams allowed to keep such poorly maintained fields? In a 20 billion dollar business, how are teams like Washington and Carolina allowed to provide such a dangerous surface for players?
Umm I'd say we beat them in the second half period.We just did not get a turnover(s)like they did in the first half.I don't want to hear crap that they just let us get within 7pts.I will agree that prep for the start was piss poor.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Field was crap, no reason the NFL didn't have that thing tarped up though the night etc. Not the reason we lost but we should be firing whoever is in charge of the cleats and spikes for sending our guys out without having the longest ones on possible to start this game.

Torc

Reaction score
burggold75":1uhneygg said:
you guys sound like you played in the game...how do you even know the players had to change cleats or had a problem? If you think the reason the Hawk played better in t 2nd half vs. 1st b/c they changed equipment then you are delusional. I didn't see a lot of slipping or really any noticeable effect it had on either team.

None of us played in it.....but the sideline cameras showed the equipment guys several times changing out cleats, and the reporters were talking about how the players came off the field after the first couple of drives talking about the conditions.

That being said, they did warmups on that same field, and they clearly knew in advance it was an issue. If they were using the wrong cleats that is totally on the team and the equipment guys.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
This thread is a rationalization by the OP to scapegoat something abstract rather that hold the Hawks themselves accountable for their own atrocious play in the 1st half. Fact of the matter is that the field only got worse as the game went along, just as the Hawks play got better in the 2nd half. So blaming the field is patently absurd. Carolina's MVP today was their entire team, who whipped the Hawks in all 3 phases so badly in the 1st half that the deficit became insurmountable. They won, we lost, move on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Hawks lost period. It's on their coaches and players, not the field or the refs etc etc.

Much of the damage was self inflicted, and the fact they were playing a dang good 15-1 football team that made a few more plays then our guys did.

SeaChickN

Reaction score
Cracks me up how afraid the PC crowd is to assign "blame" to certain things (field, refs, time of day), lest they be labeled whiners. It's OK to explore real issues and problems... From my perspective, I waste a hell of a lot of money and time on this and would appreciate some equity in things that CAN be controlled. I love my team, but the NFL is a fishy business. Oh well.

pugs1

Reaction score
Carolina did not win because of the field! I agree with the both teams had to play on it crowd but there is no excuse for any NFL teams to play on a turnip field! If you have to re-sod you field any time during the season it's time for field turf!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
All this means is that the panther equipment managers are better than ours.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
SeaChickN":1q9nyg14 said:
Cracks me up how afraid the PC crowd is to assign "blame" to certain things (field, refs, time of day), lest they be labeled whiners. It's OK to explore real issues and problems... From my perspective, I waste a hell of a lot of money and time on this and would appreciate some equity in things that CAN be controlled. I love my team, but the NFL is a fishy business. Oh well.

How do you feel about the opinion that stadium design should be standardized to minimize the crowd noise advantage? The seahawks pay people a lot of money to handle equipment decisions. They arrived in carolina with plenty of time to deal with the field conditions. That we did not do that is on us. Carolina played on the same field we did, but they were prepared for it. It is our fault, not Carolinas, that we had the wrong equipment to start the game. The NFL is not going to standardize playing surface.

We lost mainly because we came out with the same gameplan we started the season with, not with she hot route, intermediate passing option that brought us success. Bevell thought he could take advantage of the depletion at the corner position, but forgot our OL, not our receivers were our main issue. Why Bevell cannot grasp this is beyond me. We have a severe gameplan issue. It shows in nearly every game with a slow first half.

Russell was not making good decisions in the first half. I love the guy, and would want no one else. This is going to happen from time to time, and Bevell needs to give him dink and dunk options to get him into rhythme.

Not being prepared to play in Carolina was 100% our issue.

francois.nc

Reaction score
knownone":3f0jcjc0 said:
The teams looked pretty even, Seattle just wasn't prepared for a terrible surface early. It showed on Stewart's big run when Earl fell down and it showed on Russell's INT.
That is so weak man, we punched you right in the mouth and then laid down in the 2nd half when we assumed it was over.

Congrats on coming back and not getting totally mud stomped (see the reference there), ha ha..

Threedee

Reaction score
It is a completely dick move to shred your field in order to gain an advantage, even if it doesn't explain the outcome. If it isn't fixed, Palmer could get killed next week.

SeaChickN

Reaction score
Players don't get injured from crowd noise. Carolina was loud too. Not equivalent.