Carpenter limps off practice field

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Information only...Chicken Little's stay in your cage:

Carpenter left the field midway through Monday's practice, walking alongside a trainer. Now, that doesn't mean it's time to panic. This is training camp, after all, and players get bumped and bruised all the time, but this is also Carpenter, which makes it something worth monitoring.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2328692/Seah ... -off-field

Hawks46

Reaction score
Not a hater, but this is starting to look bad. Remember, he's not recovering from an ACL surgery. He's recovering from arthroscopic surgery. With most people, that's outpatient.

Sadly, it's starting to look chronic. No one wanted Carp to go in there and dominate more than me, I've said on several occasions I feel we're average at Guard and above average/good at RT.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Definitely a bad omen if he is unable to play in any Pre-season games. I am "almost" ready to "stick a fork in him".

kearly

Reaction score
If Carpenter really is hurt and misses time, I don't think I'd label him a bust yet. However, if he's hurt, misses time, and Alvin Bailey continues to look highly impressive and ends up the starting LG, then yeah. Nowhere to put Carp = regretting that pick.

The good news is, we have an embarrassment of riches with interior linemen right now, so I'm not the slightest bit concerned either way. Even if Bailey isn't legit, McQuistan is a league average starter, Moffitt is not far below McQuistan's level, and Rishaw Johnson has a very similar skillset (run blocking mauler, suspect pass pro) to Carp.

If the young backups look really good and Seattle has a roster crunch on their hands at OL, it won't take much for Carpenter to land on the PUP again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FlyingGreg":udezey16 said:
Information only...Chicken Little's stay in your cage

LOL...That actually made me laugh.

VHawk

Reaction score
Tubbs was the first thing that came to mind when I seen this story earlier.The show must go on however.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Nature abhors a void, and it also abhors a football program drafting *too* well. We had to offer Carpenter up in order to get our 2012 draft.

sutz

Reaction score
kearly":2xhl075c said:
If Carpenter really is hurt and misses time, I don't think I'd label him a bust yet. However, if he's hurt, misses time, and Alvin Bailey continues to look highly impressive and ends up the starting LG, then yeah. Nowhere to put Carp = regretting that pick.

The good news is, we have an embarrassment of riches with interior linemen right now, so I'm not the slightest bit concerned either way. Even if Bailey isn't legit, McQuistan is a league average starter, Moffitt is not far below McQuistan's level, and Rishaw Johnson has a very similar skillset (run blocking mauler, suspect pass pro) to Carp.

If the young backups look really good and Seattle has a roster crunch on their hands at OL, it won't take much for Carpenter to land on the PUP again.
I don't believe he'd be eligible for PUP if he practised at all, would he?

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
sutz":1igoutnp said:
kearly":1igoutnp said:

I don't believe he'd be eligible for PUP if he practised at all, would he?

Nope, unless they were placed on PUP initially.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I will trust our excellent FO to make a decision on Carp's future. Whatever they come up with, I believe we be the right choice. Typically (about now) I'd be bitching about the guy taking up a roster spot just because of his lofty spot taken in the draft. I don't worry about this with PC and JS. If he's looking like dead weight, he will be asked to turn in his playbook. Of this I am confident. No free rides on this team. Go Hawks.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Hope it's nothing major. Carpenter is a mauler when healthy. Can't really say the same about his back ups.

2016593009 crop north

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Carp is carrying too much weight for his knees. He will always have knee issues when he is that heavy.

Plain and simple he needs to lose weight.

Seafan

Reaction score
Can't be PUPed until the first day of TC next year. Could be place on recallable IR.

Latest posts