Carpenter resuming practice

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I still have a lot of hope for him. He busted his ass off season according to the coaches and stayed local to do it. We could have a great line if he can get it together

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
"Carpenter resuming practice." You could just sticky this.

Largent80

Reaction score
How long until the next Carpenter injury?

Will he make it 2 days, 1 week, 1 month, or a matter of minutes/seconds?

I am now of the belief that we should plan on him not being available for anything. In that case, get as much work for the youngsters as possible and PUP/IR this dude if he has one more. Tired of it as I am sure the staff and even the player himself.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Largent80":1097gz7q said:
How long until the next Carpenter injury?

Will he make it 2 days, 1 week, 1 month, or a matter of minutes/seconds?

I am now of the belief that we should plan on him not being available for anything. In that case, get as much work for the youngsters as possible and PUP/IR this dude if he has one more. Tired of it as I am sure the staff and even the player himself.

If hes practiced after the beginning of training camp you can't PUP him anymore as pointed out to me in the Avril thread.
I get the frustration of his injury, but some fans seem borderline offended by it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
has he lost weight?

If not he will be injured again soon. If is unfair for his body to support so much weight and not expect it to be injured.

Carpenter is going to eat his way out of this league if he is not careful.

Largent80

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3jmlj6om said:
has he lost weight?

If not he will be injured again soon. If is unfair for his body to support so much weight and not expect it to be injured.

Carpenter is going to eat his way out of this league if he is not careful.

thought the same of RED a few years ago. Fortunately for him, Pete became coach and found him a role. Carpenter is an O-Lineman, he isn't a center so he has to play guard or tackle, and therefore is pidgeonholed.

He simply has shown over a 2 plus year time that he cannot be counted on to stay healthy. Also see Thurmond, same thing.

Prove it, and do it NOW or quit wasting a roster spot on him regardless of his draft position..

Wartooth

Reaction score
Did he miss time in college due to injury?
I never really looked him up until they drafted him.
Now if you google James Carpenter Injury History...
All you get is page after page of him being hurt since entering the NFL.
Anyone know if this is like an Okung situation; healthy in school, not so much first couple of season in the pros.
Or has he always missed games due to injury.
I want to have faith that he can shake this off, and finally contribute.
But I wanted Tubbs to do that as well, and we all know how that went.

Largent80

Reaction score
In reality, don't you think 3 years is a reasonable time for a max investment?

Even in business, 3 years would end a new venture. You simply have to move on somehow.

We have an outstanding F.O. and you certainly cannot pin this type of thing on them. So, in my eyes, we have a potential championship season in front of us, and even though we know how hard the guy has worked to get back, he has already done that a couple of times. If he can't get in a game, even a pre season game, then the writing is on the wall.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Largent80":1igl714s said:

Even in business, 3 years would end a new venture. You simply have to move on somehow.

We have an outstanding F.O. and you certainly cannot pin this type of thing on them. So, in my eyes, we have a potential championship season in front of us, and even though we know how hard the guy has worked to get back, he has already done that a couple of times. If he can't get in a game, even a pre season game, then the writing is on the wall.

Yes. Three years is reasonable, so lets see where hes at at the end of this season. Same benefit the FO gave Okung.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawker84":wvqiyuv3 said:
Good to hear, but not holding my breath at this point.

You probably should. The slightest gust of nearby exhalation might make him trip and tear a hammy.

C-Dub

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2o256vsp said:
Over/Under he plays 4 games and then gets hurt
Initially I'll take under 4. I've got a feeling it'll be another minor injury because he hasn't played too much (hammy, ankle tweak, etc). I'm sure he can string together 4 games if he doesn't seriously injure it.

hawk45

Reaction score
All I'm hoping for from Carp is a Tubbs career at this point. Injured all the time, healthy for our Superbowl run.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2mq7qc5h said:
Largent80":2mq7qc5h said:

Yes. Three years is reasonable, so lets see where hes at at the end of this season. Same benefit the FO gave Okung.
Do you mean 'Pro Bowl Okung'?

Hell of a lot of "Debbie Downers" around here.