Carpenter

General Manager

Reaction score
I'm far more concerned with Okung and his health than anything else on the O-Line.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seabowl":wj73jm1f said:
Anyone else upset like me that Carpenter decides to finally come into camp in shape and now start playing up to his potential when he is in a contract year? I absolutely hate when layers do this. I bet if we re-signed him to a long term deal this past offseason he would not have come into camp so ready.
Yes, he purposely chose to be injured for seasons on end.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2o4do7ui said:
seabowl":2o4do7ui said:
Anyone else upset like me that Carpenter decides to finally come into camp in shape and now start playing up to his potential when he is in a contract year? I absolutely hate when layers do this. I bet if we re-signed him to a long term deal this past offseason he would not have come into camp so ready.
Yes, he purposely chose to be injured for seasons on end.

I knew it, that SOB!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Some of you are making Carp out to be some kind of devious and cunning guy who calculated this whole thing out. You give him too much credit. He is a big, dumb puppy dog that goes full speed unless he's slowed by injuries. He's completely healthy for the first time since the beginning of his rookie season, and AMAZINGLY, he just happens to in shape as well. Just a freak coincidence I suppose. [EYES]

HansGruber

Reaction score
volsunghawk":8puui6m0 said:
brimsalabim":8puui6m0 said:
volsunghawk":8puui6m0 said:
Lockout, injury, injury... that's how the first 3 offseasons played out for Carp in his career. Now, during the lockout, he could have done a better job of getting his conditioning right, but he didn't have a lot of control over the last couple of years.

In the end, though, he's in shape now, and looks like he might be able to be a positive force at LG. What's there to get upset over?
Which came first... The chicken or the egg?

Anyway hopefully he has a great season and puts it all behind him.

The egg did, because dinosaurs laid eggs. Chickens evolved over time, but the egg has been a part of reproduction for millions of years.
Lol. The first time I've seen that question answered properly

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
@OP, no he was a 1st round pick and finally healthy and if he isn't stupid like Walter Thurmond he will solidify Wilson's blindside and in so doing extend both his and Wilson's careers.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Largent80":3oygqt3e said:
Being in shape doesn't guarantee he will play well and stay injury free. He has at least 16 regular games, 4 preseason games and then the playoffs to deal with. Then we can talk.
True enough. Still, the question the OP posed is that it's a little peculiar in that he shows up in great shape in a contract year. So, was he not motivated enough before or was he dealing with other things? It's been written about by those covering the Hawks that Carp is in shape and that he's looking good. So, if anyone is jumping to conclusions, we're being fed that assumption a little bit.

sc85sis

Reaction score
For Carpenter, the difference has been his health. After two injury-shortened seasons and an inconsistent third year, he hit the ground running - literally - after the Seahawks' Super Bowl victory and plans to keep that up as he prepares for training camp.

"This is my first offseason where I can really run," Carpenter said. "So after the season I just went straight to running. I didn't really take a break. I went and ran."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014 ... pente.html

olyfan63

Reaction score
I like it! Let's get at least 1 good year out of this stiff! Stiff due to injury, or blown 1st round pick, either way, go Carpenter!
He's under contract for this season, so no reason not to pull for him to play well.

It's like the Seahawks going all out that last game to beat the Rams in 2011 and win the division at 7-9. Some said then we should have played to lose it, to get the higher draft pick. That was just wrong, Always ComPETE. Carroll set a tone, and more free agents started to consider Seattle. No playoffs = No Beastquake = maybe some of the other dominoes don't fall that led to last year's home field advantage and sending the Whiners home.

Now Carpenter is comPETEing his ass off. Really, the best outcome would be for Carpenter to play lights out and make the Pro Bowl, even if he then signs elsewhere to get paid. If that happened and the Hawks let him walk, it's because they feel they have good enough remaining talent to allow that. It does suck to get 1 good year out of a #1 pick, but it's water under the bridge. So let's hope Carpenter kicks butt and along the way pushes other young talent to get better.