Carroll: Earl Thomas would be PR if season started today

ManBunts

Reaction score
I have a solution! Mebane returns the kicks.

Now I KNOW he's not quite as speedy as Earl or Percy, but he's much more durable and I think this should satisfy most of the injury worriers. You give a guy his size some momentum and it'll take at least 5 yards to bring him down.

Down side being we might need oxygen stations at the 30s.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
MYTH: Punt returning is inherently more dangerous than other positions on the field.

FACT: Studies have shown that punt returners get injured less often per play than players in other positions.

This is a whole lot of hang wringing over nothing. ET would make a fantastic and explosive punt returner. Go watch that interception return vs Buffalo in 2012.

warden

Reaction score
Teams and players don't play scared

They are not going to hold ET back from punt returning because they are scared of injury

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Need I remind our resident old guys, Kenny Easley was a hell of a punt returner

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1un847d8 said:
MYTH: Punt returning is inherently more dangerous than other positions on the field.

FACT: Studies have shown that punt returners get injured less often per play than players in other positions.

This is a whole lot of hang wringing over nothing. ET would make a fantastic and explosive punt returner. Go watch that interception return vs Buffalo in 2012.

FACT: If you never return a punt the chance of getting injured drops to 0%.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":294q8nt7 said:
SalishHawkFan":294q8nt7 said:

FACT: Mr. Glass Harvin's chance of returning a kickoff for a TD in the Super Bowl would equal his chance to get injured if he doesn't return the kick.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I absolutely love the idea of ET returning punts.

And fwiw, John Clayton was an outspoken opponent of Percy returning kicks,,, especially in the SB.

And Percy is supposedly a terrible punt returner according to the Vikings beat reporters... also fwiw.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1cy5rlsd said:
Sgt. Largent":1cy5rlsd said:
SalishHawkFan":1cy5rlsd said:

FACT: Mr. Glass Harvin's chance of returning a kickoff for a TD in the Super Bowl would equal his chance to get injured if he doesn't return the kick.

Comparing Harvin to Earl is laughable. Harvin has a track record of being a deadly return man.. Thomas, while being a playmaker on defense, does not.

Also this team has shown it can survive a Percy Harvin injury. There's no way we survive an Earl Thomas one. None.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Cool quote from Earl today at OTA'S.....

Cool thing in wake of Super Bowl? “Everybody calls me ‘champ’. That sounds good.”

if I get a chance to talk to any players this year I am going to call them all "champ".

OrFan

Reaction score
dbmack":1ebg8iso said:
I thought of all of you naysayers when I read what Earl had to say about it:

(On people saying he’s too valuable to the defense to return punts…) “I don’t care what they think you know? This is my future. I can help this team and I know I can.”

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy

But what is he going to say when Russell Wilson wins the duty of returning punts? Why not? He is extremely elusive as a runner.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Carp's dropped 15 pounds. Let him do it.

Can't play scared, whoever they deem best for the job should do it.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
What a buncha' crap.......we just pick up 2 speed demons in the draft and we have Harvin and we're gonna' use the best free safety in the NFL to return punts. Really?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":13u7p9g2 said:
What a buncha' crap.......we just pick up 2 speed demons in the draft and we have Harvin and we're gonna' use the best free safety in the NFL to return punts. Really?

Yes. Really

sc85sis

Reaction score
The return game--especially on punts--isn't just about speed. You have to have great field vision, be good at following the blocks set up by your return team, have excellent hands, etc.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I have no doubts teams would target Earl. They know how important he is to the defense. Anyone who actually thinks this is a good idea isn't playing with a full deck.

Latest posts